Percy out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Did I listen to a different presser than you? Did not hear that.

Polaris

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":o58zrunx said:
Watch it again clearly says it

I heard it as well. He didn't say that Percy was out for the game, but as a rule, if Harvin doesn't practice, he won't play.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Percy is done for the year at the very least . I'd be more concerned long term . This is something that will never go away . Damaged goods no matter how pretty the box.

OP
OP
N

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
He didn't want to deal with reporters asking everyday if he will play

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
We flew up for the one game against Vikings and see him play and what a special player he was. Nothing before or since so looks like long term and we got hosed on the deal.

Rob12

Reaction score
What a train wreck this acquisition has turned out to be. Not his fault, but it sucks.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
its safe to assume percy is not going to be on the field this year period.
I will believe it when I see it... that's the approach i'm taking now :)
hopefully he heals up and we have him next year for a few snaps in the preseason :)

Seeker

Reaction score
Whenever I hear "percy wont practice" I picture him just turning over in his bed and pulling the covers over his head.
"No this game isn't important enough for me to practice/play for"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We don't know if it's his fault or not at this point. All we know is that signing him was a mistake. How can we best minimize the cap hit we have to take for carrying him?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am kinda curious where people get this notion he doesn't want to play. I didn't see a guy who didn't want to play against Minnesota. He had serious hip surgery and that can be career ending (Bo Jackson anybody). If Pete sensed that he wasn't a team player, he would have cut him already. He looked like a man possessed in the only game he played. I am frustrated as hell but what can you do?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seaswab":3bbkwc2b said:
Why dont we just IR him then?

Putting him on IR effectively makes his 2014 salary ($11 million) completely guaranteed since there is an injury guarantee built into his contract. Not saying this is the reason that Pete won't IR him, but the FO does have a slight incentive to keep him on the active roster in the event they want to cut their losses right away.

Dead money hit would make cutting him a marginal move in terms of the salary cap, but it would save them from actually paying him the money.

I discussed it in detail in the other Percy thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83708&start=20

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ffbt9cr8 said:
Seaswab":ffbt9cr8 said:

Putting him on IR effectively makes his 2014 salary ($11 million) completely guaranteed since there is an injury guarantee built into his contract. Not saying this is the reason that Pete won't IR him, but the FO does have a slight incentive to keep him on the active roster in the event they want to cut their losses right away.

Dead money hit would make cutting him a marginal move in terms of the salary cap, but it would save them from actually paying him the money.

I discussed it in detail in the other Percy thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83708&start=20

Why in the hell did the Hawks front office agree to that stipulation??

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seaswab":38emc5up said:

Exactamundo. If Pete & Co. was as sure as all you "glass half empty" guys, he'd be on IR and we'd have somebody else on the active roster. Injuries heal. That hip's not just sitting there doing nothing. I think we're gonna see him for the playoffs. Shoot the damn thing up with painkiller and throw him out there. He's got the whole off-season to finish the healing. Either that, or cut him after the Super Bowl to free up salary cap so we can retain our core.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":12hr1o7s said:
I am kinda curious where people get this notion he doesn't want to play. I didn't see a guy who didn't want to play against Minnesota. He had serious hip surgery and that can be career ending (Bo Jackson anybody). If Pete sensed that he wasn't a team player, he would have cut him already. He looked like a man possessed in the only game he played. I am frustrated as hell but what can you do?
The frustration comes from the fact that one of two things is going on here. Either Percy is structuly fine but dealing with soarness like PC told us or his injury is chronic and not correctable like Bo Jackson's. Either way we are screwed so people are upset.

And speaking of Bo Jackson...look up Avascular Necrosis when you get a chance and tell me if that doesn't sound familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.