Personal Draft grades

Your Grade with closing of draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pmedic920

Reaction score
Obviously we don’t know till we know, but what’s your gut reaction.

My plan is do another poll on this draft after training camp, and one at the end of season.

My hope is, that none of us have to downgrade our votes.

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
I voted A overall.

I feel the Hawk drafted with value in mind and there were no reaches. Also, I think a lot of the late picks might stick which is a nice bonus.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just for transparency

I voted “we killed it”.
It’s absolutely possible that some of these guys will be a bust, but I’m stoked over this draft. More than any in a long time.

I was totally surprised by our 1st and 2nd round choices but not disappointed in any way.

GoHawks
Go2023 draft class.

sutz

Reaction score
Gave it an A. Good job of BPA early and fill in needs on Day 2/3. Looks like a couple of legitimate starters and it looks to me like any of these guys could make the 53.

Chawker

Reaction score
I wasn't happy because fixing our run defense was a high priority and I felt that John and Pete let us down in that fashion.

The players are all good selections (maybe even a couple of pro bowlers) but, I'm left feeling let down when it comes to our DL.

C grade

Cheers

James in PA

Reaction score
A- Love the haul. My only knock is that they didn't address the interior of both lines earlier. You can understand why though. The draft just didn't fall that way. I get the feeling that some of their targets went off the board just before they picked and they weren't gonna reach for need. Perhaps JS could have been a little more aggressive and traded up, but this guy always wants to get MORE picks, not less. They started it all by getting the very best cornerback and the very best wide receiver in the entire draft! WR3 is something I have been pounding the table about for years. We finally got our guy! LOVE the Charbonnet pick. I just roll my eyes at anyone knocking it. This is the definition of a Pete Carroll back.

Last edited:

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I'll need to watch more film, settle my emotions, and get some sleep, but my initial grade is a B.

I'm convinced round 1 didn't go as planned. I think Witherspoon was our 6th option, including 5 players and trading back. You can't fault them for the board falling poorly, and they got a legit top 5 player at 5, but I only like this pick. I would have gone Carter, but I vow to never fault them to for passing on him. This is probably a C+/B- grade for me.

JSN was great value, and may help our offense next year more than any other player in the draft. Still, I am shocked we didn't go with Nolan Smith here. But again, can't fault them for this pick, but it's also not a homerun or exciting pick I was hoping for. High B grade.

Round 2 hurt. I'll watch more film on them later, but I had Hall in the lower part of that tier of edge rushers. And my initial reaction to/evaluation of Charbonnet is quite negative. I feel like we had great options in round two (especially IOL and LB where there was ton of value late in the round) and missed some opportunities there.

The trade in round 3 was great.

Day 3 was great. That day is easily an A for me, with solid value, players, fits, needs, and the like.

audioeffects

Reaction score
A- just because the front 7 needed a little more attention. The context for the 2023 draft, however, is that there was a dearth of ILBs and interior defensive line players that fit the Seahawks criteria in the higher rounds. The 2023 Seahawks draft will be remembered for “toughness” across the board.

nwHawk

Reaction score
You lost me a 6th best option.

This draft was stacked. Overall, top to bottom, all things considered, this is an excellent draft class. Even the last RB, damn, just very clear decisions. Love it.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'll need to watch more film, settle my emotions, and get some sleep, but my initial grade is a B.

I'm convinced round 1 didn't go as planned. I think Witherspoon was our 6th option, including 5 players and trading back. You can't fault them for the board falling poorly, and they got a legit top 5 player at 5, but I only like this pick. I would have gone Carter, but I vow to never fault them to for passing on him. This is probably a C+/B- grade for me.

JSN was great value, and may help our offense next year more than any other player in the draft. Still, I am shocked we didn't go with Nolan Smith here. But again, can't fault them for this pick, but it's also not a homerun or exciting pick I was hoping for. High B grade.

Round 2 hurt. I'll watch more film on them later, but I had Hall in the lower part of that tier of edge rushers. And my initial reaction to/evaluation of Charbonnet is quite negative. I feel like we had great options in round two (especially IOL and LB where there was ton of value late in the round) and missed some opportunities there.

The trade in round 3 was great.

Day 3 was great. That day is easily an A for me, with solid value, players, fits, needs, and the like.
Solid thoughts.

I just heard one of the pundits say this (paraphrased)

Every player Seattle picked “loves football”, they’ve probably had the best 2 years of drafting as anyone.

In retrospect I think having players that actually “love football” is huge and easily adds a full letter to any grade based off of skill, measurables, or highlights alone.

IMHO the intangibles matter a lot.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't understand the 6th option comment either about Spoon. Pete and John said he was one of two guys in which they were not willing to move back if still available. I think he was their 2nd option. The first one was probably either AR, Stroud or Anderson. And I know Detroit right after us was gutted that they didn't get Spoon.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Pete Carrol is getting paid $10 million a year and John Schneider is getting paid about $4 million, so they had a great draft, no matter how they look at it. lol

In all seriousness, I think they look at it a little different, than the average fan. They are building a system and have certain metrics, they are looking for. They probably got the best player available in each pick, in their system. So, they probably scored themselves an A+, or an A.

As a someone who casually follows the Seahawks, I would give them a B. They don't get a top 5 pick very often and Witherspoon isn't a top 5 pick, in my book. I would say, a top teen pick, but I'm not a drafting expert, or anything like that. I would of like them to have picked Jalen Carter at 5 and maybe Will Levis at 20.

If Jalen Carter becomes a top 5 defensive tackle in the NFL, gonna be bummed. We are gonna miss all the magic. I read that Jalen Carter is rated as a pro-bowl player and can be compared to Jeffrey Simmons on the Titans. I watched Simmons highlight reel and.......Don't want to talk about it any more. lol

Also, wouldn't have gave Geno a fat contract, made the Jamal Adams trade, resigned Russel Wilson to his second contract, made the Percy Harvin trade, but Pete Carrol won a Super Bowl with the Seahawks, so I will shut up now. Let's Go Seahawks!