Pete Carroll back to USC???? (Speculation)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dutchman063":25xvtbv1 said:
Since the second half of that statement is a lie, i see no reason why the first half isnt a lie too

1081.gif

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30eq9ru4 said:
seahawk12thman":30eq9ru4 said:
No worries, Pete says Kris Richards "is doing a really good job" and I am sure Bevell should be up for Offensive Coordinator of the year. if he is going to give us this kind of accountability perhaps USC should be his next destination. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er=ya5nbcs

What do you want him to say?

"Kris (bleeping) stinks." "I hate Bevell as much as the rest of the fan base"

Yes!!! :th2thumbs:

How about "he is working on his craft' and they are "trying like crazy to get this thing right", Pete-isms. But don't insult the fan bases intelligence.

sc85sis

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ttcohrx said:
Pete left USC west under investigations that later turned into serious NCAA sanctions. He quit before the NCAA could issue the dreaded "show cause" order though. Even so I'd expect that If Pete ever did return to coaching at the NCAA level, he would be on a very very tight leash and a marked man. I'm not sure that any AD would risk the hire much less one just getting out from under that same scrutiny.
Pete was never in danger of a show cause. If the NCAA had wanted that they'd have issued it regardless of where he was currently employed--that's what they do. I believe Paul Dee even said they didn't feel Pete was aware of what was happening with Reggie (pretty sure I remember reading that after sanctions were announced, though I can't find it now).

Also, the investigation had been ongoing for a full four years before he left. It's not like he left as soon as things looked dodgy.