Pete Carroll's Greatest Hits

Tinamedina

Reaction score

Compliments of YouTube's comment section.

Ramone DeCurta
1 day ago (edited)
It’s not even about rebuilding, because a team like Seattle can be rebuilt in one offseason (reload). It’s really about Pete’s fear of Russ winning without him and tarnishing his so-called legacy.

Everybody will know once and for all that Pete was just a guy who lucked into a generational QB. He was on the verge of being fired when he landed Russ.

People don’t get it: Pete has made this thing all about himself. He doesn’t want a star QB, because he wants to be the star.

If Paul Allen was alive he would have canned Pete after 2018. Him and his stupid run-first, last and always bs.

His judgment stinks, and he makes mistake after mistake.

Pete Carroll’s greatest hits:

Trading for Percy Harvin
Lowballing Thomas & Sherman
Lowballing Duane Brown
Not going after AB, Julio or DHop
Neglecting the O-Line year after year
Keeping Germaine Ifedi
Keeping George Fant
Keeping Mike Upati
Letting Stephen Hauschka walk
Signing Blair Walsh to replace Hauschka
Signing Eddie Lacey
Letting Jadeveon Clowney walk
Letting Frank Clark walk to KC
Rashad Penny in the first round
Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson
Not re-signing Sheldon Richardson
Trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham
Almost trading Russ for Baker Mayfield
Not trading for Jalen Ramsey
Letting KJ Wright leave after his 2 best yrs
———————————————————-
Throwing away games against the Rams, 49ers and Packers on bad clock management
————————————————————
Running when he should pass
Passing when he should run

Dissing Beast Mode in Stupid Bowl 49

Repeatedly running the ball against Dallas in the 2018 wildcard game

Horrible clock management

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Ok. We get it. You hate Pete Carroll, the most successful coach in Seattle Seahawks history!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Imagine what the OP would say about Coach Belichick?

I wonder who the heck the OP would suggest should take Pete's place?

Every team make personnel decisions that the street fans don't agree with and every coach makes coaching decisions that frustrate their team fans.

Pete has created a winning program since being here and turned the team into a consistently competitive team. He's not perfect but of the coaches out there at present very few are consistently better than him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Even if your a Pete guy, thats a lot to ignore.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't making mistakes that is the problem.

Great coaches make some awful mistakes occasionally.

The sin is not learning from them.

(Or worse, learning from them but then refusing to change)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The usual cast of Haters are checking in so they can throw their same ol', same ol' rocks at Carroll.

Nothing new here except another rehash of the same grumbles with no recognition of the team's consistent success under Carroll. The team went 12-4 last season & won the Division in the widely recognized toughest Division in the NFL. The early frankly lousy D became quite strong by the end of the season, that was as result of good coaching. It also has to be remembered that Clowney was still in 'negotiations' with the team up to very late in the preseason and the early poor pass rush was fixed before the end of the year, and now looks to have reasonable depth.

Pete is a great HC and less of a game manager but his teams win consistently. the team has been to the playoffs every season except one since 2009 and has made two SB appearances. There is little doubt he has made a few mistakes and done things personnel wise that he has regretted but he has done exceptionally well over his tenure here.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Tinamedina":2yztk9re said:

Compliments of YouTube's comment section.

Ramone DeCurta
1 day ago (edited)
It’s not even about rebuilding, because a team like Seattle can be rebuilt in one offseason (reload). It’s really about Pete’s fear of Russ winning without him and tarnishing his so-called legacy.

Everybody will know once and for all that Pete was just a guy who lucked into a generational QB. He was on the verge of being fired when he landed Russ.

People don’t get it: Pete has made this thing all about himself. He doesn’t want a star QB, because he wants to be the star.

If Paul Allen was alive he would have canned Pete after 2018. Him and his stupid run-first, last and always bs.

His judgment stinks, and he makes mistake after mistake.

Pete Carroll’s greatest hits:

Trading for Percy Harvin
Lowballing Thomas & Sherman
Lowballing Duane Brown
Not going after AB, Julio or DHop
Neglecting the O-Line year after year
Keeping Germaine Ifedi
Keeping George Fant
Keeping Mike Upati
Letting Stephen Hauschka walk
Signing Blair Walsh to replace Hauschka
Signing Eddie Lacey
Letting Jadeveon Clowney walk
Letting Frank Clark walk to KC
Rashad Penny in the first round
Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson
Not re-signing Sheldon Richardson
Trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham
Almost trading Russ for Baker Mayfield
Not trading for Jalen Ramsey
Letting KJ Wright leave after his 2 best yrs
———————————————————-
Throwing away games against the Rams, 49ers and Packers on bad clock management
————————————————————
Running when he should pass
Passing when he should run

Dissing Beast Mode in Stupid Bowl 49

Repeatedly running the ball against Dallas in the 2018 wildcard game

Horrible clock management

JFC this place. So somebody's opinion is now a fact?

I could have highlighted almost everything because it's all opinion disguised as pseudo-facts but that 1 is absolute bullshit that absolutely nobody would ever know except Paul Allen & I don't think he's gonna say.

balakoth

Reaction score
Last time I checked.. I didn't see Pete on the field, or even calling the plays.

Explain to me how this team changes with the same cast of players without Pete.

I think some of you give him way too much credit. Sure he's won... but he's also had some amazing before they got paid type of talent most of that time.

BASF

Reaction score
"Letting Jadeveon Clowney walk"

Clowney would have been one of the stupidest signings we could have made. Very talented player but his production has never matched his contracts. The Titans were lowering his snap count every game until he got injured. He simply does not sack the QB enough.

"Letting Frank Clark walk to KC"

Frank Clark did not want to play for the Seahawks. As seen by his best friend Jarran Reed leaving to play in KC as soon as he had an opportunity, these guys did not want to be here. You don't want to be a Seahawk, goodbye.

"Letting KJ Wright leave after his 2 best yrs"

The fact that no one has signed KJ for his asking price is telling. He may catch on with another team after injuries during the season, but I can't say this is a mistake.

"Dissing Beast Mode in Stupid Bowl 49"

Stupid perspective. The play selection was moronic, but that is on Bevell. Carroll asked for a pass play, he did not specify which one.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
BASF":19mtcglc said:

Clowney would have been one of the stupidest signings we could have made. Very talented player but his production has never matched his contracts. The Titans were lowering his snap count every game until he got injured. He simply does not sack the QB enough.

Frank Clark did not want to play for the Seahawks. As seen by his best friend Jarran Reed leaving to play in KC as soon as he had an opportunity, these guys did not want to be here. You don't want to be a Seahawk, goodbye.

The fact that no one has signed KJ for his asking price is telling. He may catch on with another team after injuries during the season, but I can't say this is a mistake.

Stupid perspective. The play selection was moronic, but that is on Bevell. Carroll asked for a pass play, he did not specify which one.

I agree with everything here except that Carroll didn't hold his coach to the same standard as players after 49. In fact, he stood by and watched as his idiot coach threw players under the bus. This was far more damaging to the team dynamic than the play call itself. I bet that team would have been far more successful going forward if Bevell had gotten the shitcanning he deserved following 49 (and not just for that play... that was only the cherry on top of his moron sunday.)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2g3w38sv said:
The usual cast of Haters are checking in so they can throw their same ol', same ol' rocks at Carroll.

Nothing new here except another rehash of the same grumbles with no recognition of the team's consistent success under Carroll. The team went 12-4 last season & won the Division in the widely recognized toughest Division in the NFL. The early frankly lousy D became quite strong by the end of the season, that was as result of good coaching. It also has to be remembered that Clowney was still in 'negotiations' with the team up to very late in the preseason and the early poor pass rush was fixed before the end of the year, and now looks to have reasonable depth.

Pete is a great HC and less of a game manager but his teams win consistently. the team has been to the playoffs every season except one since 2009 and has made two SB appearances. There is little doubt he has made a few mistakes and done things personnel wise that he has regretted but he has done exceptionally well over his tenure here.

While some of the OP's points are very bad, PC makes it easy to hurl the same ol' same ol' rocks by repeatably making the same ol' same ol' mistakes.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":rcmlf2iv said:

But prior to Wilson his teams did not win consistently look at his HC history in the NFL

The point the OP is making is, well is PC that great of a HC or did he just luck into a Great QB. Part of being a great HC is game management if he is not good at it, and we know he is not then he can't be a great HC. A good one perhaps

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I bet every fan base could write similar posts about their coach.

The only one I truly blame on Pete is not firing bevel after that Super Bowl loss. He lost the locker room after that. Also Pete had no hand in that play calling. Check the video of him asking what they are doing in that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
HawkinNY":296o028k said:
I bet every fan base could write similar posts about their coach.

The only one I truly blame on Pete is not firing bevel after that Super Bowl loss. He lost the locker room after that. Also Pete had no hand in that play calling. Check the video of him asking what they are doing in that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then when he explained it saying he knew and agreed he was lying? He admitted to knowing. I think u will fine there is alot more than just this he is to blame for.

BASF

Reaction score
JustTheTip":bdhqojsg said:
BASF":bdhqojsg said:

I agree with everything here except that Carroll didn't hold his coach to the same standard as players after 49. In fact, he stood by and watched as his idiot coach threw players under the bus. This was far more damaging to the team dynamic than the play call itself. I bet that team would have been far more successful going forward if Bevell had gotten the $h!t he deserved following 49 (and not just for that play... that was only the cherry on top of his moron sunday.)

I absolutely agree with you. What I disagree with is that Carroll dissed Beast Mode by not running the ball. Burning a little more clock to keep the ball out of Brady's hands was not a bad decision. The play call absolutely should have gotten Bevell fired.

gobosgumbo518

Reaction score
I bet I could put together a much longer list of genius moves that Pete has made… I just don’t much feel like doing it…

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
gobosgumbo518":1np9brhe said:
I bet I could put together a much longer list of genius moves that Pete has made… I just don’t much feel like doing it…

Challenge accepted

seabowl

Reaction score
I’m sorry but I’m thinking the OP is a troll. With that said you had be rolling when you say both acquiring S Richardson and then not re-signing him we’re both bad moves. :34853_doh:

Please stop wasting people’s time and go back to your own team’s miserable board.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
seabowl":1cvu244x said:
I’m sorry but I’m thinking the OP is a troll. With that said you had be rolling when you say both acquiring S Richardson and then not re-signing him we’re both bad moves. :34853_doh:

Please stop wasting people’s time and go back to your own team’s miserable board.

Though this not really the case here acquiring a player and then not re-signing him could easily both be bad moves. Just because acquiring a player was a bad move doesn't mean retaining him is a bad move.