Pete Carroll's Greatest Hits

LTH

Reaction score
Tinamedina":36dm0rcj said:

Compliments of YouTube's comment section.

Ramone DeCurta
1 day ago (edited)
It’s not even about rebuilding, because a team like Seattle can be rebuilt in one offseason (reload). It’s really about Pete’s fear of Russ winning without him and tarnishing his so-called legacy.

Everybody will know once and for all that Pete was just a guy who lucked into a generational QB. He was on the verge of being fired when he landed Russ.

People don’t get it: Pete has made this thing all about himself. He doesn’t want a star QB, because he wants to be the star.

If Paul Allen was alive he would have canned Pete after 2018. Him and his stupid run-first, last and always bs.

His judgment stinks, and he makes mistake after mistake.

Pete Carroll’s greatest hits:

Trading for Percy Harvin
Lowballing Thomas & Sherman
Lowballing Duane Brown
Not going after AB, Julio or DHop
Neglecting the O-Line year after year
Keeping Germaine Ifedi
Keeping George Fant
Keeping Mike Upati
Letting Stephen Hauschka walk
Signing Blair Walsh to replace Hauschka
Signing Eddie Lacey
Letting Jadeveon Clowney walk
Letting Frank Clark walk to KC
Rashad Penny in the first round
Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson
Not re-signing Sheldon Richardson
Trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham
Almost trading Russ for Baker Mayfield
Not trading for Jalen Ramsey
Letting KJ Wright leave after his 2 best yrs
———————————————————-
Throwing away games against the Rams, 49ers and Packers on bad clock management
————————————————————
Running when he should pass
Passing when he should run

Dissing Beast Mode in Stupid Bowl 49

Repeatedly running the ball against Dallas in the 2018 wildcard game

Horrible clock management

This is completely and totally laughable. my goodness were in for a long season of hate and disrespect towards Carroll and .nets NEW whipping boy OC SW... I cant wait to hear what the haters are going to say about him... Im surprised it hasn't started yet Im mean after all they lost a preseason game with 4th string players... The world is over! buy stock in Budweiser... :snack: go down to the pot shop and load up man the season is a disaster and it hasn't even started yet... anything I forgot? Hmmmmmm...

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Thanks for yet another copy paste job. Guess we'll wait anxiously for a bit longer for an original thought.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3crpmqhz said:
Also, here's a greatest hit for ya, not that you even slightly enjoyed it:

020314petecarroll3 2972326 ver10

I think we can all agree we loved what happened 7 1/2 years ago

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":18trviv1 said:
Maelstrom787":18trviv1 said:

It is amazing, in an age were the players get treated based on what they do now, how the coaches can live off 1 Sb win for their whole career.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2btmdzsh said:
Maelstrom787":2btmdzsh said:

Yeah, no. Not the OP, who posts literally nothing remotely indicating fanhood of the team and only posts about Pete Carroll, generally his USC days.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3o2v8dtw said:
JayhawkMike":3o2v8dtw said:
Maelstrom787":3o2v8dtw said:

It is amazing, in an age were the players get treated based on what they do now, how the coaches can live off 1 Sb win for their whole career.

It's amazing that so few can give criticism and also give credit where it's due, instead opting to be cartoonishly polarized drones who post nothing even slightly indicative of critical thought. Also, damn near a quarter of the teams in the NFL fire their coach each year. Let's not pretend they're given passes without a positive body of work behind them, because that's a crap take.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":iicur96f said:
John63":iicur96f said:
JayhawkMike":iicur96f said:
Maelstrom787":iicur96f said:

It's amazing that so few can give criticism and also give credit where it's due, instead opting to be cartoonishly polarized drones who post nothing even slightly indicative of critical thought. Also, damn near a quarter of the teams in the NFL fire their coach each year. Let's not pretend they're given passes without a positive body of work behind them, because that's a crap take.

Some may be held accountable alot are not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Superbowl 48":20bh8xs7 said:
Pete Carroll has done a great job, but I agree with this criticism.

"For example, the Seahawks, who enjoyed by far the best draft of any team during this period in 2012, which has resulted in 300 DrV points, have underperformed the league average in six of the following eight drafts."

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2021/4/20 ... t-the-best

You agree that George Fant, who was not even drafted, is a mistake, and that Paul Allen would have fired Pete freakin' Carroll after 2018 had he lived throughout the year? Or just the below average draft value criticism itself?

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":o71fiu8i said:
Superbowl 48":o71fiu8i said:

"For example, the Seahawks, who enjoyed by far the best draft of any team during this period in 2012, which has resulted in 300 DrV points, have underperformed the league average in six of the following eight drafts."

You agree that George Fant, who was not even drafted, is a mistake, and that Paul Allen would have fired Pete freakin' Carroll after 2018 had he lived throughout the year? Or just the below average draft value criticism itself?

Just the below average drafting criticism from the quote above. I found a possible answer on why this might be. One last thing, I'm not an expert, so don't think I'm trying to portray someone who is in the know. This is just an opinion.

The loss of Scot McCloughan

The collaborative nature of a draft makes it hard to lay the credit or blame on any one person, and ultimately everything stops with Carroll and Schneider.

But some wonder how much recent drafts have been impacted by the loss of McCloughan, the Senior Personnel Executive, who resigned for personal reasons in April 2014.

McCloughan, who got a significant amount of credit for helping assemble the San Francisco teams that helped get the 49ers to three straight NFC title games from 2011-13, was hired by Seattle in June, 2010, called at the time by Schneider “a proven talent evaluator.’’

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -happened/

Maybe the Seahawks need a new drafting consultant?!?!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Superbowl 48":2w6twcpw said:
Maelstrom787":2w6twcpw said:
Superbowl 48":2w6twcpw said:

Just the below average drafting criticism from the quote above. I found a possible answer on why this might be. One last thing, I'm not an expert, so don't think I'm trying to portray someone who is in the know. This is just an opinion.

The loss of Scot McCloughan

The collaborative nature of a draft makes it hard to lay the credit or blame on any one person, and ultimately everything stops with Carroll and Schneider.

But some wonder how much recent drafts have been impacted by the loss of McCloughan, the Senior Personnel Executive, who resigned for personal reasons in April 2014.

McCloughan, who got a significant amount of credit for helping assemble the San Francisco teams that helped get the 49ers to three straight NFC title games from 2011-13, was hired by Seattle in June, 2010, called at the time by Schneider “a proven talent evaluator.’’

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -happened/

Maybe the Seahawks need a new drafting consultant?!?!

Ah. Fair enough. I can definitely agree that draft mistakes have been made and the drafting in the aggregate since 2012 has been subpar, with a bit of an uptick recently in locating contributing players.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":u23hi8nj said:
Maelstrom787":u23hi8nj said:
John63":u23hi8nj said:
JayhawkMike":u23hi8nj said:

Some may be held accountable alot are not.

Point being, the thread is titled Pete Carroll's Greatest Hits, and he has a pretty damned good one. To say otherwise, as this poster does with every single post, is to be wrong.

Latest posts