Pete dropped this gem today

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Pete and anyone else who thinks Fant is the answer are delusional. He sucks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RussB":30zv2u84 said:
MontanaHawk05":30zv2u84 said:
Fant has the tools. He hasn't yet had a full offseason. What that translates to, is about as unknown as a draft pick.
Its laughable having a baskeyball player blocking guys like robert quin and chandler jones. Fant can be the backup but the team needs an actual lineman while fant tries to develop into a starting caliber tackle. Because the truth is he isnt, and he wont be next year either. It would take time.

Bet you would have given up on Jason Peters too.

I agree with getting a veteran just in case Fant doesn't progress, but he's going to be the LT next year.. Hate to break it to you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dopeboy206":30711fuw said:

He might be the answer, but not for another year or two.

But yes, he has no business being our starting LT at this point in his development.

Even worse news is if you listen to both Pete and John this past month about free agency, it sure looks like targeting guards, not tackles. Which means the O-line shuffling will continue if we get one of the FA guards.

Ifedi out to tackle? Idk, but this crap is getting old.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fam8ow3 said:
dopeboy206":2fam8ow3 said:

He might be the answer, but not for another year or two.

But yes, he has no business being our starting LT at this point in his development.

Even worse news is if you listen to both Pete and John this past month about free agency, it sure looks like targeting guards, not tackles. Which means the O-line shuffling will continue if we get one of the FA guards.

Ifedi out to tackle? Idk, but this crap is getting old.

I listened to both pressers and that's not how I took it. The only thing that made it sound like guards were a priority was perhaps the talk of missing the veteran presence that Jahri Evans (a guard) would have provided us last year and John admitting that he probably should have gone ahead and paid the guaranteed $1.2 mil instead of cutting him. other than that I didn't get the impression they were only looking at interior line FA's.

Jville

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":k5r2ixrg said:
Thank you for the Myers breakdown Jville. I just remember him as having thunder thighs at the combine.
Seahawkfan80":k5r2ixrg said:
Side note. Thanks Jville for the rundown on Myers. Much appreciated.

I credit Tom Cable for being flexible and adaptive in his thinking. From time to time he tinkers with featuring an eraser at that right tackle position. I think they brought in Myer on the chance that he might grow into that role. It's what they had in mind for big J'Marcus Webb. Jame Carpenter was drafted with that role in mind. An eraser role at right tackle is a second position they might consider for Germain Ifedi.

If an eraser at right tackle facilitates getting they're best 5 linemen on the field, it's certainly a possibility.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
What exactly is an eraser in referring to one who mans the right tackle spot? And how does it apply to our featured zone blocking scheme?

So Myers does have the ability to land a starting spot? I suppose we won't know that until training camp.

Jville

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":15fzqj5d said:
What exactly is an eraser in referring to one who mans the right tackle spot. And how does it apply to our featured zone blocking scheme?

It is someone with the size and strength to manhandle the defender in front of him .... ie. drive him back and bury him to create running room. Such an addition can be central to an off tackle running game and restoration of the outside zone. Myers is a developmental prospect.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/839514724299599872[/tweet]
What i like to see.