Pete Is Officially Pissed Off

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What's the point of even talking about anything here if we're just going to piss all over everything good or bad?

Is this site just a urinal for discontent these days?
Huh?

I'm saying this is just a marketing ploy by Pete to act like the big tough sheriff and get folks in his corner so he can come back again next season and we watch this same thing play out over and over.

I'm saying Pete Carroll is the problem, I'm not buying his bull anymore and I want a new head coach.

CactusJack

Reaction score
What's the point of even talking about anything here if we're just going to piss all over everything good or bad?

Is this site just a urinal for discontent these days?
Lol...I think it's partly due to the weather this time of year in the PNW.

Fwiw, I'm in Arizona enjoying the Sun. I feel really bad for you poor bastards lol.

Jac

Reaction score
Huh?

I'm saying this is just a marketing ploy by Pete to act like the big tough sheriff and get folks in his corner so he can come back again next season and we watch this same thing play out over and over.

I'm saying Pete Carroll is the problem, I'm not buying his bull anymore and I want a new head coach.
Yup, I've given up long ago. This franchise can't move forward until the coaching staff is turned over. I've always exempted John Schneider from that equation, but I can't stand his ridiculous trades any more. I'm not sure who is more to blame for those, though...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The most accurate quote I saw online yesterday about this was "Pete loves to build the bonfire, but no longer has the ability to control it."

Ozzy

Reaction score
You don't blame your players for not doing the correct things on the field. It's week 14 for Christ's sake, if your players aren't doing the correct things, that's on you and your coaches Pete.

The "miscommunication" and "we aren't on the same page" excuse is so lame and tired. What other teams, even college have you heard these same excuses year after year?

Pete runs a loose locker room full of knuckleheads who he's enabled to to play his undisciplined style of football........and now he's blaming the players? That's terrible man. Blame yourself Pete.
It's also hard to argue with this point as well. Some of this is surely on Pete.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yup, I've given up long ago. This franchise can't move forward until the coaching staff is turned over. I've always exempted John Schneider from that equation, but I can't stand his ridiculous trades any more. I'm not sure who is more to blame for those, though...
I don't know why JS should be exempted.

Pete doesn't call plays and Pete doesn't negotiate player contracts. That would be John's job.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Is Carroll feeling the heat now??

Or, is he trying to remove himself from the issue and create scapegoats???

In response to his “anger” I’ll reserve my thoughts for after the Eagles game…

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's good to see this. He's not apathetic. But in just talking about this season, this is decidedly too little, too late. This should have happened weeks ago--before the most important stretch of games in the season.

Adams and Diggs sucking isn't a new development. Neither is the underperformance of Dre Jones. The regression of Riq Woolen. Bobby getting taken advantage of on crossing routes. The wholde defense getting gashed by screen plays over and over again.

They don't seem to have answers against any competition that's above average. The goal this last offseason was to try to make up ground with the Niners. And they go 0-4 against the Rams and Niners this season.

To my eyes, several of the ugliest losses in the Carroll tenure have been this season. That second Rams loss was horrific, and seemed to be pulled out of a manual on how to be exactly the opposite sort of team that Pete claims he wants to field.

I'm pretty sure I saw Dre Jones in coverage several times yestertday. It's comic at this point.

I hope Jody Allen isn't apathetic, if she is indeed, not in a rush to sell the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's also hard to argue with this point as well. Some of this is surely on Pete.

It's just frustration by Pete realizing this season's in the tank and he's decided this is the best course of action.........to virtue signal and gas light everyone into thinking "parental mean Pete is here guys and I'm not messing around anymore!"

It doesn't matter. This is how he should have been acting since getting his doors blown off in the 1st game against the Rams. Not in week 14 when it's too late.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's just frustration by Pete realizing this season's in the tank and he's decided this is the best course of action.........to virtue signal and gas light everyone into thinking "parental mean Pete is here guys and I'm not messing around anymore!"

It doesn't matter. This is how he should have been acting since getting his doors blown off in the 1st game against the Rams. Not in week 14 when it's too late.

onepicknick1

Reaction score

Pete is showing a bit of a disciplinarian tendency as the mistakes continue on the back-end... you all might be getting a little bit of your wish to have Pete bring down the hammer more.

He sounds like he's not going to tolerate much more of this.

He should've started this a few years ago. If the player's have been coached to do a certain thing and they don't, who brought those player's in. It was the poor craftsman who blamed his tools.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If the student didn’t learn, the teacher didn’t teach.
To be fair, it's not for lack of trying.

He's had private reprimands with players - not working.
Last week, they practiced for the specific plays that the 9ers ran - players didn't execute in the game (JA, Diggs)

Not sure what else he can do besides this latest approach. Yeah it's probably too little, too late, but it's something other than status quo.

In the past, he had players that held each other accountable. Now he doesn't have those players.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Blaming the players? Lol...I believe the players realize this lame ass scheme constantly puts them in situations to fail so they've given up trying to swim upstream and therefore the fire is flaming out. The whole team is frustrated evidenced by what was shown on the sidelines yesterday and that is a Head Coach issue. 524 yards, that's just a bad scheme glaringly showing itself.

Latest posts