Pete Is Officially Pissed Off

strohmin

Reaction score
IMO, they should have blown up the roster did a true rebuild after the Russ trade.

Instead, they went with a "reload" approach. This impatience was a tactical blunder on their part. They thought the roster was further along than it really is. This speaks to poor self-scouting.

Despite what some people think, this is not a top-10 roster in terms of talent. Top 15 maybe but not top 10.
I really believe If Pete can miraculously get them to play smart disciplined football, they can win a superbowl. The problem is getting them to play that way consistently. They are not trash when it comes to talent, they are trash when it comes to playing disciplined.

GemCity

Reaction score
Too little too late. This has been an ongoing issue for the past five seasons.

Now you want to act tough to the media so fans back you? No.

Don't fall for it guys. It's the same old lip service. He's just trying to save face right now and protect his legacy. If he really cared, this would've been fixed YEARS ago.
Damnit Jer.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think this is the lowest point of Carroll's tenure here. Perhaps the end of 49 is lower, but at least with that, at the time, it felt like we still had a great team to build with moving forward.

What we got now is a roster full of satisfied, paid athletes. That NEVER relates to winning, at least not up here in the PNW where people forget about us.

We need young, hungry, angry unproven guys that want to come in and play hard, play nasty, because they feel disrespected. Adams, Diggs, I'm looking at those two first. Both paid, both half assing it out there. That s*** sends the wrong message to our young guys. Honestly I'd start there first.

That's what I loved about Pete when he first got here. He didn't give a rip what the guy was getting paid. He got rid of TJ H... for being paid and satisfied. He got rid of those old paid guys that were only going through the motions.

We paid Matt Flynn? Too bad, this rookie 3rd round pick is lighting it up. Lendale White? Goodbye.

Carroll and Schneider have both become complacent. They've become just as satisfied as these overpaid guys on the team right now. That's why I don't care what Carroll says now because he's had time and opportunities to fix it but hasn't. It's just lip service for the media.
Ahhh…49.

My kids already know….

My epitaph will read “Should’ve gave it to BeastMode”

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Pete is showing a bit of a disciplinarian tendency as the mistakes continue on the back-end... you all might be getting a little bit of your wish to have Pete bring down the hammer more.

He sounds like he's not going to tolerate much more of this.

Until he actually does something tangible I will remain skeptical - but this is a tangible “step” in the accountability direction

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really believe If Pete can miraculously get them to play smart disciplined football, they can win a superbowl. The problem is getting them to play that way consistently. They are not trash when it comes to talent, they are trash when it comes to playing disciplined.

What you're asking for isn't something a coaching staff magically makes happen in one week of practice.

It takes years to implement, because it's not just Pete standing at a mic gaslighting everyone with his I'm angry Pete now. It's a culture and discipline that permeates your entire organization. From how you draft and acquire players, to how you fill out your staff with guys who can deliver the message in a successful way so it shows up on Sundays.

Also laughable that anyone thinks a 72 year old coach who's coached the same way for 40 years is all of a sudden going to turn into a hard ass DEMANDING DISCPLINED PLAY AND ACCOUNTABILITY!!

Nah, this is just an old frustrated coach watching the last embers of his empire burn to the ground before he's told it's time to hang up the Double Bubble and Nike Monarchs.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Too little too late. This has been an ongoing issue for the past five seasons.

Now you want to act tough to the media so fans back you? No.

Don't fall for it guys. It's the same old lip service. He's just trying to save face right now and protect his legacy. If he really cared, this would've been fixed YEARS ago.
Agree completely. It shouldn’t take a four game slide after the last five years to get “tough”.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete's setting this up to make Diggs and Adams the scapegoats, along with Hurtt (who NEVER have been named the DC in the first place). And while those 3 do suck at their respective jobs, PETE is the reason they are all here in the first place! Pete looks like a desperate man who is trying to save his own ass. I hope Jody is smart enough to see this. I hope she cares even a little bit about this franchise.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Pete's setting this up to make Diggs and Adams the scapegoats, along with Hurtt (who NEVER have been named the DC in the first place). And while those 3 do suck at their respective jobs, PETE is the reason they are all here in the first place! Pete looks like a desperate man who is trying to save his own ass. I hope Jody is smart enough to see this. I hope she cares even a little bit about this franchise.
I don’t think she’s involved at all and that’s unfortunate. I think if Paul was still around this may be it for Pete. Again, I love his run and what he’s done but it’s over man and it’s getting worse. Just time…

Unfortunately, I think he has catfished Jody. And catfishing is bad.

Where is JS in all this??

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Is it possible that Pete is angry, and it's not an act? Occams Razor. The team is on a four-game losing streak. If you are pissed, Pete's probably more pissed.
I'm sure he's angry, but at what point what I that going to do for us?

It is his own culture that caused these issues in the first place. You can be mad all you want, but fixing the issue is another thing all together. Honestly, this little fit is giving me Jim Mora Jr. vibes.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don’t think she’s involved at all and that’s unfortunate. I think if Paul was still around this may be it for Pete. Again, I love his run and what he’s done but it’s over man and it’s getting worse. Just time…

Unfortunately, I think he has catfished Jody. And catfishing is bad.

Where is JS in all this??
JS doesn't have any power over Pete. Technically Pete Carroll is JS's boss. The only person that has any power over Pete is Jodi Allen.

keasley45

Reaction score
What you're asking for isn't something a coaching staff magically makes happen in one week of practice.

It takes years to implement, because it's not just Pete standing at a mic gaslighting everyone with his I'm angry Pete now. It's a culture and discipline that permeates your entire organization. From how you draft and acquire players, to how you fill out your staff with guys who can deliver the message in a successful way so it shows up on Sundays.

Also laughable that anyone thinks a 72 year old coach who's coached the same way for 40 years is all of a sudden going to turn into a hard ass DEMANDING DISCPLINED PLAY AND ACCOUNTABILITY!!

Nah, this is just an old frustrated coach watching the last embers of his empire burn to the ground before he's told it's time to hang up the Double Bubble and Nike Monarchs.
Not necessarily. Look at the turn arounds teams like the Panthers saw last year when the team miraculaously 'got it' under thier interim coach and finshied the season humming. Sure, you can argue that the coach changed. But the root of it was players changing their approach, being more accountable, and playing at 110%. Carolina looked like the worst team in the league before the switch, and a formidable matchup after. And they werent a talented roster. Miami did a similar thing a few years ago after an interim swich.

This team CAN 'get it'. Question is whether the teacher cracking the whip now when he hasnt before can be the catalyst for the improvement, or has the bond been broken?

This team is better than those who jettisoned coaches mid year.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm sure he's angry, but at what point what I that going to do for us?

It is his own culture that caused these issues in the first place. You can be mad all you want, but fixing the issue is another thing all together. Honestly, this little fit is giving me Jim Mora Jr. vibes.
I highlighted the absurd notion that Pete was putting on an act to appease fans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Look at the turn arounds teams like the Panthers saw last year when the team miraculaously 'got it' under thier interim coach and finshied the season humming. Sure, you can argue that the coach changed. But the root of it was players changing their approach, being more accountable, and playing at 110%. Carolina looked like the worst team in the league before the switch, and a formidable matchup after. And they werent a talented roster. Miami did a similar thing a few years ago after an interim swich.

This team CAN 'get it'. Question is whether the teacher cracking the whip now when he hasnt before can be the catalyst for the improvement, or has the bond been broken?

This team is better than those who jettisoned coaches mid year.

Yeah Idk what this means, or how Pete magically makes his players more disciplined overnight.

You do that by benching people's asses and put in players who do listen and don't make the same mental mistakes over and over. Problem is it's half the roster.

So until Pete benches most of his defensive backfield, half his LB corp and a couple serial mistake prone O-lineman and WR's? Lip service is just that, Pete talking tough to absolve himself. Which IMO is lame and weak.

Remember when Pete lost half the locker room with all the "kumbaya" whispers and on field tantrums by guys who were tired of listening to Pete?

That's where were at with most of the players Pete's talking about.

James in PA

Reaction score
This is exactly what KJ was talking about when he said that Pete may seem like a nice and laid-back guy on the surface, but that he is actually "ruthless." Pete's gonna make sure someone else takes the fall for this disaster of a defense, which of course has been bad for many years now. It's never because of him.

Latest posts