Pete: Pocic has won the LG competition

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/925861392627806209[/tweet]

Think this was probably obvious. Wonder if this means anything for Joeckel.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hrlsjfiq said:

Rg?

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":217kvbzc said:

It will definitely be interesting to see how they handle it when he comes back. Of course let's just hope we don't have any injuries between now and then that forces their hand.

mikeak

Reaction score
ok so Brown - Pocic - Britt

that is a nice Left to Center grouping right there - are we sure this is the Seahawks we all love?

We are saving $62,500 each game Joeckel is not playing

Seymour

Reaction score
No shit Tom, what's your next clue?

That only took 11 games (including pre season) for you to figure out.

Cable is so predictable, I called this in pre season (5 games minimum for him to figure out his best players).

Once again, better late than never. Too bad it took an injury for him to stumble upon this wealth of talent evaluation.

I wonder how the competition between Brown and Odhiambo is going?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seymour":3eiyhf6y said:

Cable is so predictable, I called this in pre season (5 games minimum for him to figure out his best players).

Once again, better late than never. Too bad it took an injury for him to stumble upon this wealth of talent evaluation.

So you're saying it's impossible for rookies to not look all that great in TC, but improve as the season goes along....and it's all due to Cable having a flawed perception process in looking at rookies ? Sounds legit.

Agree on the injury thing, but again, what are you going to do ? Pull Joeckel to try Pocic ? Nope, Joeckel has been one of our better OLmen. Pocic is very versatile so I'm wondering why he didn't surface in the RG competition.

Hawks46

Reaction score
mikeak":2dsya5e3 said:

that is a nice Left to Center grouping right there - are we sure this is the Seahawks we all love?

Why, is Joeckel losing out on game bonuses or something ? We're still paying the guy.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":3bowwub0 said:

To be fair Pocic is the interim LG and beat out Glowinski, not Joeckel. Joeckel is still the better player when healthy at LG. So Cable got it right, at least at that position. There's still the argument that Pocic should have been the starter at RG all season though...

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vis5cx0 said:
mikeak":3vis5cx0 said:

Why, is Joeckel losing out on game bonuses or something ? We're still paying the guy.

Yes $62,500 / game in game bonuses

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... kel-12282/

•Per Game Active Bonus: $62,500

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hawks46":1qbe14us said:
mikeak":1qbe14us said:

The contract provides for $7 million in guaranteed money.

According to Kapadia, here’s how the rest of the deal breaks down:

The remaining $1 million is tied to Joeckel being active on game days. He will receive an additional $62,500 for each game that he’s part of the 46-man active roster.

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/20...-for-seahawks-offensive-lineman-luke-joeckel/

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":1s2zuiw4 said:
Hawks46":1s2zuiw4 said:
mikeak":1s2zuiw4 said:

The contract provides for $7 million in guaranteed money.

According to Kapadia, here’s how the rest of the deal breaks down:

The remaining $1 million is tied to Joeckel being active on game days. He will receive an additional $62,500 for each game that he’s part of the 46-man active roster.

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/20...-for-seahawks-offensive-lineman-luke-joeckel/

Yup....and Lacy has a similar deal as far as active roster bonus.

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":3d9mx41n said:
Seymour":3d9mx41n said:

To be fair Pocic is the interim LG and beat out Glowinski, not Joeckel. Joeckel is still the better player when healthy at LG. So Cable got it right, at least at that position. There's still the argument that Pocic should have been the starter at RG all season though...

It still took 11 games to figure out his best players.
As far as Joeckel > Pocic....you know this how?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":3vdznq8s said:
DJrmb":3vdznq8s said:
Seymour":3vdznq8s said:

It's an opinion just like 99% of what people write here on .net, however it also happens to line up with PFF rankings. Granted they are not perfect but it's the best thing we as fans have to go off other than trusting the coaches decisions (which clearly had Joeckel>Pocic).

PFF so far this season:

Joeckel: 47.9

Pocic: 33.7

RussB

Reaction score
Knew hed get it. I was impressed with him. I think Joekel will be gone now hes getting paid too much.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
DJrmb":3fzn9y7u said:
Seymour":3fzn9y7u said:
DJrmb":3fzn9y7u said:
Seymour":3fzn9y7u said:

It's an opinion just like 99% of what people write here on .net, however it also happens to line up with PFF rankings. Granted they are not perfect but it's the best thing we as fans have to go off other than trusting the coaches decisions (which clearly had Joeckel>Pocic).

PFF so far this season:

Joeckel: 47.9

Pocic: 33.7

PFF rankings are complete and total BS. Listen to ANYBODY that coaches or is in the front office when that topic comes up in interviews. PFF has no idea what assignments lineman are supposed to have or how successful they are with that assignment. They assign grades somewhat arbitrarily. This is actually true of multiple positions (like a couple of years ago when Williams gave up 2 TDs in one game, he admitted they were both is fault, Pete said the same thing, and PFF gave Kam Chancellor a horrible score for giving those two plays up when they clearly weren't his fault).

What we do know are FACTS. For example Pocic has allowed three QB pressures in two games. That is a much much lower percentage than anybody else on the line this season (including Britt and it blows the doors off of Joeckel's pressure percentage).

So there is that.

mikeak

Reaction score
RussB":38cnq2of said:
Knew hed get it. I was impressed with him. I think Joekel will be gone now hes getting paid too much.

No significant saving in cutting him

We can achieve the same saving not dressing him and keep him on the roster as backup

chris98251

Reaction score
Most of us seen Pocic play and noticed the improvement where ever he lines up, secondly this is the usual time of year that Cable gets a epiphany about the O line which again many of us predicted before pre season.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Apparently Pocic and Britt last weekend were not getting any kind of push which led to the stagnant run game. Britt because his ankle was hurting. I think it was PC who mentioned this.

Pocic might not have the NFL power yet to push 300+ lb NFL DT's. Don't get me wrong I think he is doing great but with a solid offseason in NFL training I bet does him wonders.

toffee

Reaction score
nwgamer":2oe7ewka said:
Apparently Pocic and Britt last weekend were not getting any kind of push which led to the stagnant run game. Britt because his ankle was hurting. I think it was PC who mentioned this.

Pocic might not have the NFL power yet to push 300+ lb NFL DT's. Don't get me wrong I think he is doing great but with a solid offseason in NFL training I bet does him wonders.

Good info. That means once healthy, Britt and Joeckle can create more gaps for running.

mikeak

Reaction score
toffee":3f8qivt5 said:
nwgamer":3f8qivt5 said:

Good info. That means once healthy, Britt and Joeckle can create more gaps for running.

Great then we can look like the Seahawks in week 1 and 2 again.....

Latest posts