Has this ever been a fair unbiased QB competition?

PNW

Reaction score
what are your opinions on weather or not this has been a fair QB competition. Was it unbiased? Did Drew ever have a shot at starting? It’s hard to say but for me it hasn’t seemed like a legit fair QB competition, not that it really matters in the scheme of things. I understand Geno has been in this offense for a year longer, but at some point if it’s a legitimate fair QB competition don’t you have to give Drew more reps with the starters?

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
what are your opinions on weather or not this has been a fair QB competition. Was it unbiased? Did Drew ever have a shot at starting? It’s hard to say but for me it hasn’t seemed like a legit fair QB competition, not that it really matters in the scheme of things. I understand Geno has been in this offense for a year longer, but at some point if it’s a legitimate fair QB competition don’t you have to give Drew more reps with the starters?
Do you apply this logic to every position or just the one?

If a player establishes that they are better during early practices thus earning first-team reps, and then continues to hold that position as practices progress, do we really have to give every other player at that position equal first-team reps? What sort of cohesion would we build in the starting unit if we operated this way? If we are constantly giving every player on the team equal shots at first-team reps, are any of them ever playing with the first-team or is it always just a mash-up of first, second, and third-string players?

To me, the crowd saying we have to give Lock first-team reps to have a fair competition sounds a lot like little Timmy's mommy telling the coach that her third-string JV son is not getting a fair shot because the coach is not letting Timmy practice with the varsity starters.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
I think it's been completely fair, and that it would've looked a lot more fair had Drew not gotten very sick with breakthrough COVID just as his week with the first team started.

Drew got screwed by life. Not much the coaching staff can do to help more.
I totally see that side, I’m just thinking now that he’s back they should be giving him all first team reps so he can catch back up.

sutz

Reaction score
I totally see that side, I’m just thinking now that he’s back they should be giving him all first team reps so he can catch back up.
Sounds like they have been, though there haven't been any practice days since he got back Sunday. :)

Oh, and it's "whether" not "weather." ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PNW

Rat

Reaction score
Did Geno get named the regular season starter? I feel like I might be missing something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not yet, but imo Pete is way too loyal to Geno. Seems like he's made up his mind. I suspect BOTH of these guys will start games in 2022.

Reactions: PNW

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
What benefit is there for Pete to be biased towards Geno? I would think if Pete was being biased towards anyone it would be Drew Lock so he could justify trading away Russ.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Life is unfair, Drew got sick, he's missed key time at exactly the wrong time to do so.

Pete yesterday said he's revisiting the whole subject of the competition and that Drew will get significant reps against Dallas in the last preseason games.

Slick

Reaction score
I think it's been fair. From the onset of minicamp it has been Geno's job to lose with him "leading" and having a year in the offense.

Drew Lock, as mentioned above, has been given opportunities and shown flashes but health things perhaps set him backward. FWIW I'm team Geno. This may be his ultimate shot to start again. His stats for the preseason (I looked this morning) are supporting his campaign to start. My only criticism of Geno is enough with the Twitter emo stuff. Nobody of the age of 20 should be on Twitter FWIW.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lock getting Covid pretty much sealed the deal that Geno would be the choice. It just doesn't SEEM like Lock is getting a shot. Just my opinion.
IF he lets Lock play 3 quarters on Friday, that would feel like he's at least getting a shot.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Lock getting Covid pretty much sealed the deal that Geno would be the choice. It just doesn't SEEM like Lock is getting a shot. Just my opinion.
IF he lets Lock play 3 quarters on Friday, that would feel like he's at least getting a shot.
Agree 100%

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
At this point, Lock is going to need to demonstrate something that sets him apart from Geno.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I listed reasons. Geezus man, get over it. You're taking this message board stuff WAY too seriously. You're obsessed. Have a coke and a smile.
I'll gladly bow out. Go Hawks

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I listed reasons. Geezus man, get over it. You're taking this message board stuff WAY too seriously. You're obsessed. Have a coke and a smile.
I'll gladly bow out. Go Hawks
You're the one laugh-reacting people who simply ask for elaboration on a discussion board. Like, every time. One could say you take it just as seriously considering your habit of antagonizing people and then acting like you're a paragon of rationality.