Pete Prisco cracks me up

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's absolutely laughable. His reason should have been: "I really like all the teams above Seattle on my list more, so I had to make up some bull$hit to drop them and wrankle Seahawks fans."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Trying to recall the last time I read anything from that hater. I can't recall. I just can't.

It's been that long.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I think it would probably be most accurate to say that Prisco hates Seahawks fans and uses stuff like this to get back at them. I think this is also true, to a much lesser extent, with Elliot Harrison. With Harrison I think it is more subconscious, with Prisco it's an outright agenda.

Ranking them 9th in a power poll is meaningless to the Seahawks franchise, but it is a good way to spite Hawks fans. Anything less than #3 is just trolling. By making it #9, he's not even trying to hide his contempt.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":216v709s said:
Since he is being stupid why no put the Hawks 32? Chancellor's holdout will cause a massive defect of the team and we'll be starting 3/4 our our units with people off the street. This will cause Carroll and Schneider to quit and Paul Allen decides to sell the team. No one buys it because it has no value and moves to Oklahoma City changing it's name to the Dust Devils after Century Link is burned down in a riot. :sarcasm_off:

Prisco :pukeface:

While he's not opposed to being an asshole, he probably doesn't want everyone to realize that he is being one. It's just enough to poke Seattle fans with a stick but only get a few mentions from those outside of the PNW I'd imagine.

Troll us w/out losing credibility w/ the rest of the fans (and colleagues).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vegas thinks the Hawks (1st) are 7x more likely to win the Super Bowl than the Cards (14th-tied). It takes quite a lot of bias to overcome that and neutral observers will pick up on that.

Anthony!

Reaction score
kearly":36id7eit said:
I think it would probably be most accurate to say that Prisco hates Seahawks fans and uses stuff like this to get back at them. I think this is also true, to a much lesser extent, with Elliot Harrison. With Harrison I think it is more subconscious, with Prisco it's an outright agenda.

Ranking them 9th in a power poll is meaningless to the Seahawks franchise, but it is a good way to spite Hawks fans. Anything less than #3 is just trolling. By making it #9, he's not even trying to hide his contempt.

I agree

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":hbmwa53w said:
hawksfansinceday1":hbmwa53w said:
Appreciate the link kearly, but I simply won't click on this guy's stuff anymore because as you said his anti-Hawk bias is just too obvious. If a guy wants to be fair like Andy Benoit (on Montana's thread) that's great. No team is perfect but Prickso is just a hater.

I actually kind of like Prisco in a WWE heel kind of way.
I do get that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05 said:
A bad offensive line hasn't kept anyone out of the Super Bowl for a decade now.[

I agree with your take Montana. It's kind of funny, I was watching a program on NFL NFC EAST Network hosted by some clown with Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms . OK , maybe three clowns. But anyway, when the Seahawks were brought up Simms docked the reigning 2X NFC Champions because of the oline. I paraphrase Simms " You HAVE to have a great oline if you want your team to win."

I think it has been proven that you don't have to have five all-pros to win in this league.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Not to put salt in the wound from 2005, but having a great o-line didn't help that Hawks team overcome other issues to win it all.

Conversely, the current incarnation of the team has always had a mediocre line at best, yet they've won their first Super Bowl and come within an eyelash of winning the second.

Phil needs to study more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rastahawk":3r8tdx2j said:
I wouldn't put it past him to deliberately do this to get Seahawks fan reactions. He's mentioned before how our fans are a sensitive bunch. Probably went something like this, "You wanna see the 12's get mad watch this..." I consider myself to be on the conservative and level-headed side of the field when it comes to fandom but I actually can not rationally think of a scenario where the Hawks are the ninth best team in the NFL right now. If you can please do share.
Of course he is, he is a trolling for clicks.

two dog

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1qoqkt2d said:
kearly":1qoqkt2d said:
hawksfansinceday1":1qoqkt2d said:
Appreciate the link kearly, but I simply won't click on this guy's stuff anymore because as you said his anti-Hawk bias is just too obvious. If a guy wants to be fair like Andy Benoit (on Montana's thread) that's great. No team is perfect but Prickso is just a hater.

I do get that.

I get it but I'm sorry, I just can't do it.
It's a fine post and the discussion is interesting..

But, I just can't read anything by prisco ( the little pee in his name is intentional).
I had to unsubscribe from CBS sports because the mention of his name gave
me such a negative, visceral reaction that my Seahawk mellow gets scrambled.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Steelers ranked #4? Might be one of the worst defenses in the league. Wrong again Prisco

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2hmekkpq said:
Apparently Prisco is an Arizona State University alum. I grew up in AZ myself and very nearly went to college at Arizona or ASU. I've long liked the Cardinals as my 2nd team. But honestly, I've never known Cardinals fans to be as prideful as Prisco. Generally speaking they are a humble bunch, as they should be.

I've never really taken much pleasure from seeing the Seahawks trounce the Cardinals, but I will now, knowing that every Beastquake run on their team will ruin Prisco's week.

I've been to Niners games there, and Cardinals games there. Cards fans were WAY worse. My wife went to get beers and on her way back a male Cardinals fans literally pushed her down and laughed when she spilled her beer. I was also told to sit down and quit cheering when the Cardinals were on offense.....by a stadium employee. Even the neighboring Cards fans thought that was bullsh*t. I wish nothing but misery on that team.

Niners, at the Stick, was actually really enjoyable. Take the bus there and back, and you won't have to worry about getting jumped in the parking lot. Niners fans were humble and nice, and were calmly talking football with me. Of course, this was 2007 and they'd sucked for a long time, so this was long time Niners fans not bandwagon fans.

As for Prisco, he'll get his. Ranking the Cards high, then counting on injury prone players to not be injured isn't a great plan for success.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I am not sure there is 8 teams that are better then our 2nd string.... what a joke.

morgulon1

Reaction score
sc85sis":2rnsj0iy said:
Not to put salt in the wound from 2005, but having a great o-line didn't help that Hawks team overcome other issues to win it all.

Conversely, the current incarnation of the team has always had a mediocre line at best, yet they've won their first Super Bowl and come within an eyelash of winning the second.

Yes. It seems that an ex-player who is paid handsomely (Guessing) for his football insight would actually have some.
I like listening to Brock Huard. I don't care what anyone says. He breaks situations down to simple ,easy to digest bits that I enjoy listening to. He always seems very prepared as well. That's a Washington Husky for you... :)

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":186cwqzp said:
kearly":186cwqzp said:
hawksfansinceday1":186cwqzp said:

I do get that.

Basically, we at .net always need a whipping boy. Unfortunately, there are times when we choose a whipping boy that might not deserve it due to a lack of good targets.

But Prisco... he always deserves it. So he fills a needed role.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
morgulon1":3c56m2je said:
sc85sis":3c56m2je said:

Yes. It seems that an ex-player who is paid handsomely (Guessing) for his football insight would actually have some.
I like listening to Brock Huard. I don't care what anyone says. He breaks situations down to simple ,easy to digest bits that I enjoy listening to. He always seems very prepared as well. That's a Washington Husky for you... :)

Ya I have found Brock Huard one of the best to listen to when he breaks down the Seahawks

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
12thbrah":2c4g6p8v said:
Steelers ranked #4? Might be one of the worst defenses in the league. Wrong again Prisco

2 - Patriots

They suffered some hits on defense, but I think the improvement by a lot of guys in the front seven will help compensate for that. Brady and the offense will be just fine.

From what I saw tonight that defense looked terrible. Williams had 127 yards on 21 attempts and Ben passed for 350 yards. Brady and the offense looked fine..BUT...um...the Steelers looked lost and didnt even know what to do half the time which had nothing to do with Brady and that offense, they just looked terrible in assignements.

He was right about the Steelers offense....they really only stopped themselves tonight