Pete rips refs, EVERYONE agreeing Seahawks got screwed

Welshers2

Reaction score
I've been reading opinions league wide all morning. Everyone is universally agreeing the Seahawks got totally jobbed by the refs.

For all the criticism of the team today also realize that they did enough to win. It was a good performance against a good team stolen by the officials.

The PI on Wagner and picked up face mask were baffling. 3 touchdowns in 5 seconds. Cowboy's having entire drives of nothing but penalties.

Last night was a total travesty. The nfl is a joke.

Check out the comments by neutral fans on reddit. Everyone agrees.

seabowl

Reaction score
The refs called it very tight and were bad for both sides. Wish I could blame the ridiculous zone D scheme Pete runs on the refs too. It’s On Pete!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I blame our player's lack of discipline over the penalties.

Dallas got called for some stuff too. Blakeman wanted way too much screen time, but our guys need to clean it up, and that boils down to coaching and fundamentals.

And that was not a facemask against DJ Dallas he folded like a lawn chair.

bileever

Reaction score
I'm trying to be objective here--I'm really not a guy who complains about bad calls usually, I think of them as part of the game. But last night seemed extraordinary bad. I think that one Dallas drive where they called several PI penalties was the most objectionable. On one play, Woolen barely touched the guy. Really not close to being PI.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I blame our player's lack of discipline over the penalties.

Dallas got called for some stuff too. Blakeman wanted way too much screen time, but our guys need to clean it up, and that boils down to coaching and fundamentals.

And that was not a facemask against DJ Dallas he folded like a lawn chair.
So while running one direction..His neck just turns the oppposite on it's own?

bileever

Reaction score
Btw, I don't believe in any conspiracy theory, I just think the officiating crew had a bad night, unfortunately for us.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
This was from a cowboys blog before the game, looking at the officials matchup - honestly, it tracks to what I saw

To nobody’s surprise, Blakeman’s two most frequent penalty calls are false start and holding, but he’s surprisingly lenient with both: Blakeman’s crew is dead last in holding calls. In recent years, Blakeman’s crew has been known to call things close when it comes to defensive backs, but this year they are middle of the pack in pass interference, defensive holding, and illegal contact calls.

Three areas where Blakeman has been very busy are some of the less common penalty areas. Blakeman’s crew has called the third-most neutral zone infraction penalties, the second-most roughing the passer penalties, and the second-most delay of game penalties. In fact, he’s averaging one delay of game penalty each week.

They called it extremely tight in the defensive backfield, but let a crazy amount of holding go.

Dallas got hit with a string of offside/neutral zone infractions..... I think Seattle had one as well, although it's a bit of a blur

I think each team has at least one delay of game

By not calling the repeated and obvious holds on Dallas, it put the Seattle DBs into a longer coverage situation where they'd get flagged working through the 2nd or 3rd WR move

There was also a lack of consistency amongst similar plays and the issues with picking up flags and "we followed the typical procedure to get the kicking back in" - even if it ate up most of the 40, were just extra egregious

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don’t know why it is that people always tend to feel you have to blame a single entity. Two things can be true at the same time.

We definitely had issues in our team last night and most of those were in defense.

Refs were horrible last night. We could have played better and still won but officials were horrible. Pete’s job is to hold his players and coaches responsible for any issues but who holds the officials accountable?

James in PA

Reaction score
It's ok. The league has apologized to the Seahawks and has decided to give them one more in the win column and take 1 out of the L column.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
In 2013, the Seahawks were also the most penalized team… Everyone knows how ‘undisciplined’ that team was, their lack of discipline actually propelled on to win SB48…

Shane Falco

Reaction score
They did call it tight on DB's all night and yet I watched Lockett get mugged with no call at one point.

I don't usually dwell on the officiating minus the theft of our SB, but last night was pretty bad in my mind.

But I won't go as far as blaming the loss on it.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
The Cowboys player didn't grab him down by the facemask. He got him by the shoulder
DJ??

He got hit from the top corner of his face, the arm/hand went across his face mask and hooked the bottom of the mask on the opposite side and yanked him down

Defender would have needed to reach another 4-8" to find a piece of shoulder padding they could realistically hook and pull

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We're talking about the play where he got ripped down after like a 3 yard play and a flag was thrown then picked up, right?

Idk I guess I'll have to go back and watch it. I thought it was a good no call.

Latest posts