Peter King Did Predict Seahawks Super Bowl *Edited*

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Listening to him he ruled out a few things...Via Dan Patrick Show

He wouldn't divulge who he picked but he did say

49ers won't represent
Broncos won't represent
Arizona won't represent

I know it means nothing but most of the stuff around here doesn't either...

I have a feeling Seahawks, Packers, maybe Falcons.

Who is his AFC team? He said it wasn't a big surprise but its not the Broncos. Ravens? Patriots? Texans?

themunn

Reaction score
Arizona won't represent

Well, I don't think Oakland will either

Decimation

Reaction score
Arizona won't represent?

They don't even have a chance of representing the NFC West.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Peter King may not be everyone's cup of tea. That may be especially true of Seahawks fans, who have seen their team berated by the likes of King for many, many years. His drivel does not bother me, though. Let's face it, guys, the teams he criticized deserved every ounce of that criticism. Until last year, every year since 2000, in which we had a winning record, we benefited from a very weak schedule, even during our Super Bowl run. The 2005 team was good, there is no denying it, but every other team before and after that time has been deeply flawed. Either our defense sucked, our receivers couldn't catch the ball, we had lousy special teams, or our running game became nonexistant. Whatever the case may have been, we deserved every ounce of criticism we got from journalists such as Peter King. Our teams were soft, our GM (be it Ruskell, Whitless, or Holmgren) was a buffoon, our coach didn't understand how to play defense, and we benefited from a weak division.

Rather than berating them for being critical of us when we had a shit team, we should be celebrating the fact that people like King are finally changing their tune. That change in opinion is representative of a major change in the culture of our franchise. The change is so profound that guys who would normally be enraptured with teams like the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, or Broncos, are following OUR team with the same intense interest that we fans do.

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I don't dislike Peter King because he criticized the team. I dislike him because he's a shill.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3k6gtk8u said:
Peter King may not be everyone's cup of tea. That may be especially true of Seahawks fans, who have seen their team berated by the likes of King for many, many years. His drivel does not bother me, though. Let's face it, guys, the teams he criticized deserved every ounce of that criticism. Until last year, every year since 2000, in which we had a winning record, we benefited from a very weak schedule, even during our Super Bowl run. The 2005 team was good, there is no denying it, but every other team before and after that time has been deeply flawed. Either our defense sucked, our receivers couldn't catch the ball, we had lousy special teams, or our running game became nonexistant. Whatever the case may have been, we deserved every ounce of criticism we got from journalists such as Peter King. Our teams were soft, our GM (be it Ruskell, Whitless, or Holmgren) was a buffoon, our coach didn't understand how to play defense, and we benefited from a weak division.

Rather than berating them for being critical of us when we had a shit team, we should be celebrating the fact that people like King are finally changing their tune. That change in opinion is representative of a major change in the culture of our franchise. The change is so profound that guys who would normally be enraptured with teams like the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, or Broncos, are following OUR team with the same intense interest that we fans do.

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks.
Peter King is a good writer. Peter King actually know a thing or two about ball. But Peter King is also celebrity obsessed. And it makes him nauseating.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":cs92mx62 said:
Listening to him he ruled out a few things...Via Dan Patrick Show

He wouldn't divulge who he picked but he did say

49ers won't represent
Broncos won't represent
Arizona won't represent

I know it means nothing but most of the stuff around here doesn't either...

I have a feeling Seahawks, Packers, maybe Falcons.

Who is his AFC team? He said it wasn't a big surprise but its not the Broncos. Ravens? Patriots? Texans?

Packers or Seahawks vs. Bengals or Broncos...either way, NFC takes home the trophy.

Dark horse: Ravens....I don't know, they looked like they still have some weapons over there. Playoffs for sure.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2kt88m0p said:
Sarlacc83":2kt88m0p said:
If he did, we're boned.

Please explain. Do you believe that a journalist picking us dooms us to failure?

Yes. Sorry, it's a Seattle fan thing. You know how we are.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawks vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl is his prediction.

russell-wilson-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I figured he would. He's been talking us up for awhile so I edited the title. Nice cover BTW. I think I'll buy this one and frame it when we win it all.

Not so sure on the Patriots though...I like the Broncos, Texans and Ravens more. People seem to write off the Ravens cuz of Lewis and Reed's departure, but Lewis was an old slow dog and they drafted Elam from Florida to replace Reed. Elam is pretty bad ass. Also Ozzie is a great GM so I never count him out.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":8ow11hyx said:
I figured he would. He's been talking us up for awhile so I edited the title. Nice cover BTW. I think I'll buy this one and frame it when we win it all.

Not so sure on the Patriots though...I like the Broncos, Texans and Ravens more. People seem to write off the Ravens cuz of Lewis and Reed's departure, but Lewis was an old slow dog and they drafted Elam from Florida to replace Reed. Elam is pretty bad ass. Also Ozzie is a great GM so I never count him out.

Bengals too.

Latest posts