Peterson Calls It. Enough BS.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-pet...wks-loss-to-rams-we-got-robbed-003126590.html

For those of us with the foil hats.

Good enough for AP. Good enough for me. Glad someone with some heft finally ******* said it.

It doesn't fix it, but maybe it'll help. Tired of this shit.

Good on him. Always liked the dude, and not just 'cause of this.

"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character." - The Wolf, Pulp Fiction.

AP has character.

James in PA

Reaction score
Good for him. Wish more guys would speak up against the piss poor NFL officiating. Just keep bringing attention to it until the league is forced to hire full time refs and make more stuff reviewable. These players and coaches are usually too afraid to say anything out of fear of getting "fined." It's not like any of them can't afford it. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
ddores":2czi2d95 said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-pet...wks-loss-to-rams-we-got-robbed-003126590.html

Good enough for AP. Good enough for me. Glad someone with some heft finally f*** said it.

It doesn't fix it, but maybe it'll help. Tired of this $h!t.

"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character." - The Wolf, Pulp Fiction.

AP has character.

No no no, that’s all wrong. You haven’t read some of the posts here? You’re supposed to dominate your opponent so the refs don’t make a difference :lol:

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":3daprzdc said:
ddores":3daprzdc said:

Good enough for AP. Good enough for me. Glad someone with some heft finally f*** said it.

AP has character.

No no no, that’s all wrong. You haven’t read some of the posts here? You’re supposed to dominate your opponent so the refs don’t make a difference :lol:

Kinda hard to dominate a decent opponent swimming upstream.

"I don't always affect the outcome of games, but when I do, it's in dramatic fashion." - The Refs as Stella Guy.

:0190l:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Wilson missed crucial throws and underthrew DK on an easy TD.

Flame away, but this is a bad look for our squad tbh. Stop with the excuses, and go out there and win the games.

Yes, they were poor calls. But the players and coaches need to look in the mirror before crying about the refs. We can do better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ddores":3gyw7dko said:

AP has character.

AP put his kid in the hospital for beating him with a tree branch, so I'd be wary of saying things like "if it's good enough for AP" and "AP has character."

Damn good football player, but not someone I'd jump into a like minded camp with.

Calls were terrible, but the refs being their usual inconsistent bad selves doesn't = grand conspiracies against our team. Or any team.

LTH

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3n8rjp8j said:

Flame away, but this is a bad look for our squad tbh. Stop with the excuses, and go out there and win the games.

Yes, they were poor calls. But the players and coaches need to look in the mirror before crying about the refs. We can do better.

BS

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2ebd6pak said:

I usually agree with you - but the Saints call and the Dallas call, while not 'identical' and as egregious - are in the same ballpark, and a symptom of the same problem.

And, oh yea - We got a gimmie on the Fail Mary. I said it. We took it gladly 'cause we've gotten boned by so many other situations that went the same way.

I'd rather not have to justify a 'gimmie', and just have the right calls made. Having said all of that - the frustrating thing about all this 'steerage' - is that with some instant background video reviews and accelerating the 'review' process this year a bit (it didn't take 10 minutes per 'official review') - I actually thought this was the season where they at least 'tried' to get it right most of the time. I actually saw several times when something was instantly 'reviewed' and the proper call made.

Unfortunately, it seems, when it comes down to $ - that doesn't happen or apply.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ddores":1smcev7q said:
Jerhawk":1smcev7q said:

I usually agree with you - but the Saints call and the Dallas call, while not 'identical' and as egregious - are in the same ballpark, and a symptom of the same problem.

And, oh yea - We got a gimmie on the Fail Mary. I said it. We took it gladly 'cause we've gotten boned by so many other situations that went the same way.

I'd rather not have to justify a 'gimmie', and just have the right calls made. Having said all of that - the frustrating thing about all this 'steerage' - is that with some instant background video reviews and accelerating the 'review' process this year a bit (it didn't take 10 minutes per 'official review') - I actually thought this was the season where they at least 'tried' to get it right most of the time. I actually saw several times when something was instantly 'reviewed' and the proper call made.

Unfortunately, it seems, when it comes down to $ - that doesn't happen or apply.

What $ are you talking about? NFL revenue is shared equally between all 32 teams.

You just admitted that we get calls too.

All Tuesday's game showed is how terrible and inconsistent the refs are. Every fan base, owner and players complain about the poor officiating.

Now I can see that if you don't watch other NFL teams or games other than the Hawks you'd think this. Those are usually the fans who cry conspiracy, myopic fans that don't watch other games, just ours.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lp9dafu said:
ddores":3lp9dafu said:
Jerhawk":3lp9dafu said:

What $ are you talking about? NFL revenue is shared equally between all 32 teams.

All Tuesday's game showed is how terrible and inconsistent the refs are. Every fan base, owner and players complain about the poor officiating.

Now I can see that if you don't watch other NFL teams or games other than the Hawks you'd think this. Those are usually the fans who cry conspiracy, myopic fans that don't watch other games, just ours.

I watch other NFL teams plenty, thanks. There are 2 grades of fuckup when assessing the ref situation:

Grade 1: Idiot decision that they will make up for later. This falls in the ticky-tack type category where 'technically' it might have been a bad call, but 2 or 3 angles from replay show a different story. They usually bolt on for the 'infringed' team as a payback a series of two later. Seen it 1000 times. It also happens in all sports.

Grade 2: A decision that's sketchy. A decision that decides the outcome of a game, or in the Saints case, who goes to the superbowl. This is league revenue in action. This is the shit that people are tired of, including myself. They tried to shut up the Saints with the PI challenge ability for a season, then they stopped caring, and back to regular business.

You can Grade 1 all day, every MF day of the week, and as long as there isn't intent, and it generally comes out in the wash, no problem.

Grade 2 pisses me off, and many many other people.

Are there 99 Grade 1 infractions to every Grade 2? Yup. That doesn't mean either that they are; getting it right for 99 times, or that the Grade 2 incident level EQUALS the Grade 1 incident level. They are not the same.

Don't get it twisted. Much of it is non-harmful noise. But with the proliferation of gambling site partnerships, and the general NOT FIXING of the problem. Many - including me, are pissed off about it and tired of the situation never changing.

My point wasn't just that we had our share of calls - we do sometimes. My point was that there's alot of chaff here distracting from the point that critical games (including our Rams game) while not 'fixed' (ie: in the 3rd round, your ass goes down) - are certainly suspect.

A call is not a call is not a call. They're not equal. AP called that shit out. I think he's right. He didn't have alot to gain by saying it, and quite possibly might be 'disciplined' for it. No upside, and a potential downside to do what's right?

That's ******* character.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ddores I appreciate your thoughts and I completely understand where you're coming from.

My opinion here is this: The team was 5-8 going in. They had plenty of opportunities to win this game, and they dropped another game to the Mcvay Rams. We are now 3-8 vs Mcvay.
As a fan, I'm much more frustrated with this staff's inability to match Mcvays system, and I'm frustrated that the team is now 5-9.
If this were a playoff game and that PI didn't get called, heck yeah I would be furious. But what I'm saying is let's zoom out and look at the whole picture. That game wasn't decided by that non PI call against Dallas. There were several errors on the Seahawks part that led up to that play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ddores":3n472c0r said:
Sgt. Largent":3n472c0r said:
ddores":3n472c0r said:
Jerhawk":3n472c0r said:

I watch other NFL teams plenty, thanks. There are 2 grades of f*** when assessing the ref situation:

Grade 1: Idiot decision that they will make up for later. This falls in the ticky-tack type category where 'technically' it might have been a bad call, but 2 or 3 angles from replay show a different story. They usually bolt on for the 'infringed' team as a payback a series of two later. Seen it 1000 times. It also happens in all sports.

Grade 2: A decision that's sketchy. A decision that decides the outcome of a game, or in the Saints case, who goes to the superbowl. This is league revenue in action. This is the $h!t that people are tired of, including myself. They tried to shut up the Saints with the PI challenge ability for a season, then they stopped caring, and back to regular business.

You can Grade 1 all day, every MF day of the week, and as long as there isn't intent, and it generally comes out in the wash, no problem.

Are there 99 Grade 1 infractions to every Grade 2? Yup. That doesn't mean either that they are; getting it right for 99 times, or that the Grade 2 incident level EQUALS the Grade 1 incident level. They are not the same.

Don't get it twisted. Much of it is non-harmful noise. But with the proliferation of gambling site partnerships, and the general NOT FIXING of the problem. Many - including me, are pissed off about it and tired of the situation never changing.

My point wasn't just that we had our share of calls - we do sometimes. My point was that there's alot of chaff here distracting from the point that critical games (including our Rams game) while not 'fixed' (ie: in the 3rd round, your ass goes down) - are certainly suspect.

A call is not a call is not a call. They're not equal. AP called that $h!t out. I think he's right. He didn't have alot to gain by saying it, and quite possibly might be 'disciplined' for it. No upside, and a potential downside to do what's right?

That's f*** character.

You're still trying to draw a correlated line between bad calls = favoritism and/or willful bias due to <fill in nefarious blank).

I don't see it.

Are refs human and therefore make subconscious calls based on very real things like;

- who the player is (we all know certain players get more calls than others)
- where they are (home crowd yelling)
- coaches chirping in their ears over calls therefore making them more susceptible to pulling the flag out
- they're terrible at their jobs and have FAR too many subjective rules to interpret at lightning quick speeds

Etc, etc. I'm very willing to go down this road with you. But the other stuff you're talking about with gambling, willful fixing of games, on and on.

No, I don't think that happens........and just because a player says it, or Tweets it online doesn't help your cause. AP's a dumb ass, just because he's a good football player doesn't mean I hold his opinion on this topic in high regard.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1s3lzgs1 said:
Ddores I appreciate your thoughts and I completely understand where you're coming from.

My opinion here is this: The team was 5-8 going in. They had plenty of opportunities to win this game, and they dropped another game to the Mcvay Rams. We are now 3-8 vs Mcvay.
As a fan, I'm much more frustrated with this staff's inability to match Mcvays system, and I'm frustrated that the team is now 5-9.
If this were a playoff game and that PI didn't get called, heck yeah I would be furious. But what I'm saying is let's zoom out and look at the whole picture. That game wasn't decided by that non PI call against Dallas. There were several errors on the Seahawks part that led up to that play.

I agree with you - on a whole bunch of topics.

I also agree with you that when Russ sails 6 deep balls in a row to 'whoever', or throws 4 in a row in the dirt/short - THAT is not a Ref issue. Totally agree.

Totally agree that 4 games they should have used Geno better. They should have sat Russ 2 games out of the first 4 he was 'back'. Agree. That is not on the refs.

The WWE style of conducting business is starting to show, however, in my opinion. Ignore the guy with the folding chair in the corner - he comes in peace!

And, IMHO, just because it wasn't a playoff game, doesn't make it right necessarily. Just because it 'controls who goes to the stage of a playoff game' - kinda makes it more relevant in my estimation. Saints would echo that I'm sure.

I agree with you. Hawks had/have warts. They dug their own hole. I'll stipulate to that, no problem.

But until the guy in the corner puts down the folding chair - I'm still calling bullshit on calls that don't just 'steer' a game, but destroy them. AND, that's on the heels of making the comment that I'm doubly frustrated that it seemed like it was the first ******* season that they at least 'started' to get it right with quicker/transparent video reviews.

They need to fix it. For credibility purposes.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22444q7l said:
ddores":22444q7l said:
Sgt. Largent":22444q7l said:
ddores":22444q7l said:

I watch other NFL teams plenty, thanks. There are 2 grades of f*** when assessing the ref situation:

Grade 2: A decision that's sketchy. A decision that decides the outcome of a game, or in the Saints case, who goes to the superbowl. This is league revenue in action. This is the $h!t that people are tired of, including myself. They tried to shut up the Saints with the PI challenge ability for a season, then they stopped caring, and back to regular business.

A call is not a call is not a call. They're not equal. AP called that $h!t out. I think he's right. He didn't have alot to gain by saying it, and quite possibly might be 'disciplined' for it. No upside, and a potential downside to do what's right?

That's f*** character.

You're still trying to draw a correlated line between bad calls = favoritism and/or willful bias due to <fill in nefarious blank).

I don't see it.

Are refs human and therefore make subconscious calls based on very real things like;

- who the player is (we all know certain players get more calls than others)
- where they are (home crowd yelling)
- coaches chirping in their ears over calls therefore making them more susceptible to pulling the flag out
- they're terrible at their jobs and have FAR too many subjective rules to interpret at lightning quick speeds

Etc, etc. I'm very willing to go down this road with you. But the other stuff you're talking about with gambling, willful fixing of games, on and on.

No, I don't think that happens........and just because a player says it, or Tweets it online doesn't help your cause. AP's a dumb ass, just because he's a good football player doesn't mean I hold his opinion on this topic in high regard.

I totally agree with you that 'most' of it is harmless - operator error and such. Me being a Hass homer, I'll even refer to him a few weeks ago when he said that in his family: "Blaming the refs is not acceptable for a loss - ever." They have a rediculously complicated job - I also get that.

AP is not 'helping my cause' - and I didn't post this for some weird name recognition value to hitch my wagon to. I'm fairly sure that he's been on the receiving end of alot of these types of calls, both #1 and #2 (appropriately named).

I still think it needs to be fixed. I also think that it won't really be 'truly' fixed when stadiums cost 5 Billion dollars. There's just too much money at stake. I also don't think that the NFL gives 1/2 a hoot about what I think. If a primetime game can be 'flexed' - other shit can be 'flexed'. Just sayin.

Again, I just want it fixed. And it's not gonna be.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cekvdtw said:
ddores":1cekvdtw said:
Jerhawk":1cekvdtw said:

I think the officiating throughout the NFL is Horrible... in my mind it puts the integrity of the game in question. I do not believe the official missed that call on Dallas... it was too blatant even my 12-year-old grandson was like WTF! It's a problem league wide IMO not sure where it's coming from but it's a problem.

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ddores":3lsaxp38 said:
I still think it needs to be fixed. I also think that it won't really be 'truly' fixed when stadiums cost 5 Billion dollars. There's just too much money at stake. I also don't think that the NFL gives 1/2 a hoot about what I think. If a primetime game can be 'flexed' - other $h!t can be 'flexed'. Just sayin.

I think I read last year that there have been more subjective rules implemented in the past 10 years in the NFL than the prior 50 years combined.

- pass interference
- Hitting the QB
- special teams
- what constitutes a catch
- defenseless receiver rules
- kick off rules
- taunting

On and on, and the league says all the changes have been made primarily for player safety, but Forbes did the research and found out players are still getting seriously injured at the same or higher rate than before.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lucasseeha ... aa807b16ee

THIS is the problem, along with NFL refs are like politicians, they're allowed to keep working pretty much as long as they want to. That's why the average age of an NFL ref is something like mid 50's.

What?

So you want to know why NFL ref'ing sucks? I just explained it.........the combo of WAY too many super confusing subjecting rules and old dudes who have to interpret all these rules with players bigger and faster every year.

All spells disaster of an officiated game far too often.

themunn

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2zdsu3b6 said:

My opinion here is this: The team was 5-8 going in. They had plenty of opportunities to win this game,

None moreso than when, at 17-10 in the 4th, on 4th down they had a clear catchable pass wiped out by a tackle before the ball arrived, that would have put them on the Rams 30 with a 1st down and opportunity to tie the game.

Instead it was taken out of our hands by the refs. It's unacceptable and how any fan of any team can justify it is beyond me.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1r9qn2qg said:
ddores":1r9qn2qg said:
I still think it needs to be fixed. I also think that it won't really be 'truly' fixed when stadiums cost 5 Billion dollars. There's just too much money at stake. I also don't think that the NFL gives 1/2 a hoot about what I think. If a primetime game can be 'flexed' - other $h!t can be 'flexed'. Just sayin.

I think I read last year that there have been more subjective rules implemented in the past 10 years in the NFL than the prior 50 years combined.

- pass interference
- Hitting the QB
- special teams
- what constitutes a catch
- defenseless receiver rules
- kick off rules
- taunting

On and on, and the league says all the changes have been made primarily for player safety, but Forbes did the research and found out players are still getting seriously injured at the same or higher rate than before.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lucasseeha ... aa807b16ee

THIS is the problem, along with NFL refs are like politicians, they're allowed to keep working pretty much as long as they want to. That's why the average age of an NFL ref is something like mid 50's.

What?

So you want to know why NFL ref'ing sucks? I just explained it.........the combo of WAY too many super confusing subjecting rules and old dudes who have to interpret all these rules with players bigger and faster every year.

All spells disaster of an officiated game far too often.

You make a BUNCH of excellent points. I agree with you - when calls are subjective, don't expect to not have any errors due to viewpoint/execution/stupidity etc. I totally get operational difficulties/problems with execution with non-invested part time refs, and old dudes, etc.

My problem is with the game changing stuff. The shit that kills a 4th quarter late tying the game kinda drive and hands the game to the other team. Unacceptable. Where millions of dollars change hands. That's the stuff that they should do 4 video reviews to get right - and they don't. Horrible optics on super-late flags that come out like 30 seconds after a play. If they don't want it to 'look wrong' then stop bein' in the wrong place at the wrong time IMO.

It's the number 2 stuff that I have a problem with. I will agree - all the other shit can be chalked up to 'fog of war' type of mistakes. God knows I couldn't do many of the ref's jobs - there's too many moving parts in .5 seconds.

But that's not what I'm talking about. And, the funny thing is - even when I hear myself say things like: "Well, ya, 25% of all calls are bent/wrong/incorrect, but at least they get as many operational mistakes committed, and we get some gimmie calls from the other side that even it out". That's messed up. And, we're all now used to just accepting that.

They still need to fix it. And they're not gonna.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Sgt. Largent":1s5rxtfb said:
ddores":1s5rxtfb said:

AP has character.

AP put his kid in the hospital for beating him with a tree branch, so I'd be wary of saying things like "if it's good enough for AP" and "AP has character."

Damn good football player, but not someone I'd jump into a like minded camp with.

Calls were terrible, but the refs being their usual inconsistent bad selves doesn't = grand conspiracies against our team. Or any team.

He's just like vick..needs a 2x4 upside the head.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":19nuvez8 said:
Sgt. Largent":19nuvez8 said:
ddores":19nuvez8 said:

AP has character.

He's just like vick..needs a 2x4 upside the head.

I honestly don't think that the 2 situations that you're talking about are even in the same ballpark. I literally cringe everytime I see Vick on Fox. I don't do that with AP. <edit> Well, AP isn't 'on' Fox, I get that.