Peterson Calls It. Enough BS.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":222vp1d5 said:
ddores":222vp1d5 said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-pet...wks-loss-to-rams-we-got-robbed-003126590.html

For those of us with the foil hats.

Good enough for AP. Good enough for me. Glad someone with some heft finally f*** said it.

It doesn't fix it, but maybe it'll help. Tired of this $h!t.

Good on him. Always liked the dude, and not just 'cause of this.

"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character." - The Wolf, Pulp Fiction.

AP has character.

AP put his kid in the hospital for beating him with a tree branch, so I'd be wary of saying things like "if it's good enough for AP" and "AP has character."

Damn good football player, but not someone I'd jump into a like minded camp with.

Calls were terrible, but the refs being their usual inconsistent bad selves doesn't = grand conspiracies against our team. Or any team.

Yeah, tears in his sons eyes weren't enough to stop him from whipping him so hard it bruised his testicles. **** AP for trying to use his sons as tools. If the NFL didn't do anything to correct the situation after the Saints/Rams incident then they aren't going to. PI should be reviewable, it's the most devastating penalty in the game, but if they're not going to fix it after the worst missed call in history led to a SB berth, they just have no interest in fixing it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
themunn":366eriyf said:
Jerhawk":366eriyf said:
Ddores I appreciate your thoughts and I completely understand where you're coming from.

My opinion here is this: The team was 5-8 going in. They had plenty of opportunities to win this game,

None moreso than when, at 17-10 in the 4th, on 4th down they had a clear catchable pass wiped out by a tackle before the ball arrived, that would have put them on the Rams 30 with a 1st down and opportunity to tie the game.

Instead it was taken out of our hands by the refs. It's unacceptable and how any fan of any team can justify it is beyond me.
Who is justifying it?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
themunn":xqrasqvh said:
Jerhawk":xqrasqvh said:
Ddores I appreciate your thoughts and I completely understand where you're coming from.

My opinion here is this: The team was 5-8 going in. They had plenty of opportunities to win this game,

None moreso than when, at 17-10 in the 4th, on 4th down they had a clear catchable pass wiped out by a tackle before the ball arrived, that would have put them on the Rams 30 with a 1st down and opportunity to tie the game.

Instead it was taken out of our hands by the refs. It's unacceptable and how any fan of any team can justify it is beyond me.

Woah now. I'm not justifying the poor officiating. I've already said there were poor calls against us that game, absolutely.

All I'm saying the finger pointing need to be at themselves rather than at the officials for being in this position in the first place. There's been games in the past where we've had some calls go our way, and the National media jumps all over it. And of course when the calls go against us, the National media is predictably quiet.

Regardless, it's a bad look to blame the officials. I want the team to own it and just try and do better going forward. Blaming the refs is a bad look, and coming from AP I expected better leadership to the young players. That's not the example he should be setting

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uublpyk said:
ddores":3uublpyk said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-pet...wks-loss-to-rams-we-got-robbed-003126590.html

Good enough for AP. Good enough for me. Glad someone with some heft finally f*** said it.

"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character." - The Wolf, Pulp Fiction.

AP has character.

AP put his kid in the hospital for beating him with a tree branch, so I'd be wary of saying things like "if it's good enough for AP" and "AP has character."

Damn good football player, but not someone I'd jump into a like minded camp with.

Calls were terrible, but the refs being their usual inconsistent bad selves doesn't = grand conspiracies against our team. Or any team.

I look at this example of a no call on PI and How could ANYBODY miss this? I mean it is so Obvious that even my grandchildren caught it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZCqej8yXk

xray

Reaction score
Once again...Parcells best quote. "..You are what your record says you are " , Amen..turn the page .

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
We had many opportunities that we didn’t capitalize on ultimately, should never allow them to be a factor and can’t put blame on refs solely by far…but without a doubt they impacted the game multiple times… that is not arguable statement, period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

K.J WRIGHT

If you need to blame someone, blame Russell for the worst performance he's ever had. I think PI should be reviewed, not defensive holding though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2m7m9k4q said:
If you need to blame someone, blame Russell for the worst performance he's ever had. I think PI should be reviewed, not defensive holding though.
Russ was gawd awful, but you know who had a worse game? The zebras.
The NFL a serious officiating problem.
The rulebook needs to be streamlined and only obvious infractions called.
Get rid of the ticky tack “I thought I may have seen something so I’m going to throw a flag” calls.
Take as much subjectivity out of the game as possible.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3agknqke said:
ddores":3agknqke said:

AP has character.

“Put his kid in the hospital”?

Do you know what ACTUALLY happened?

I’m not going to defend what he did but stating that he “put his kid in the hospital” is unfair at best.

I live and work very close to where AP case was heard in court, I followed fairly closely.

IIRC, the evidence in the case was found at a doctors visit and reported as suspicious/suspected child abuse.

If the child was ever seen at a hospital for this, he surely wasn’t admitted “put in the hospital”.

Again, I’m not defending AP and how he chose to administer discipline.
I do believe that being accurate with the facts are important when commenting on a topic of this nature.

“Tree branch” is also stretching it.

LTH

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2p3qkyrr said:

Dude, you don't know what you are talking about... that was Good solid D by Bless Austin... he was really physical with in that 5 yard buffer zone and it was good coverage as well! That was classic Carroll DB play NOT a penalty.

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
May big takeaway above all else is MAKE EVERY DAMN PLAY REVIEWABLE!!!!!! PERIOD!

Now before some of you get your panties in a wad thinking that will slow the game down, how so? You still give the coaches the same amount of plays to challenge. 3 per half. It is up to them to choose wisely.

Enough is enough. EVERY play should be reviewable because clearly these refs are far from perfect and need to be held accountable far more than they are in the current format.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They already have flags picked up when "New York"looks at the play and it wasn't under a challenge
so why not have "New York"also give flags out for a play like the PI against Swain?
There needs to be more eyes on everything..Certain team hold all game long,I'd love to have
"New York" use one person just looking at OL for example.