Pete's in trouble

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Except Seahawks coaches are never held accountable for anything. If they were, some of them wouldn't still be here.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Osprey12":35n52j3i said:
SlickRick":35n52j3i said:
We take the field goal in 1st half of the game and its 34 -34 right now in OT
So changing that play doesn’t change any other part of this game? Go for the field goal there and the entire rest of the game shakes out exactly the same way? I just don’t understand this way of thinking. Yes, we would have had 3 more points at that exact point in time. To think that everything else stays exactly the same is amazing to me that people think that. If we would have just taken Tom Brady in 2000 we would have 5 super bowl rings right? Is that the way this works?

You go for the 3 and get the ball back to start the second half. Belichick would have called it correctly. If you want to get cute, then dial up something that will cover the 30+ yards you had to go for a TD......NOT a stupid shovel pass to a slow guy in the middle of the damn line.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Osprey12":jaxg92cv said:
SlickRick":jaxg92cv said:
So changing that play doesn’t change any other part of this game? Go for the field goal there and the entire rest of the game shakes out exactly the same way? I just don’t understand this way of thinking. Yes, we would have had 3 more points at that exact point in time. To think that everything else stays exactly the same is amazing to me that people think that. If we would have just taken Tom Brady in 2000 we would have 5 super bowl rings right? Is that the way this works?
I generally agree with this sentiment, although to be fair in this case the idea that it really would have ended 34-34 is a little easier to believe: it was at the end of the half - hard to think there'd be momentum differences; I can't really see the teams playing differently or calling different plays due to those 3 points, etc. Of course there's no way to know for sure, but in this case I think the idea is a little more defensible than other times (like assuming we'd win the game Walsh missed all those field goals).

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":g840u358 said:
The summation of the season is Pete's lack of attention to detail in winning football games.

Slow starts, bad penalties, bad timeouts, bad challenges, poor situational awareness etc. It boggles my mind that this guy can't figure some of that out.

It's on coaching probably 80-90%.

This* cosign, is what cost us wins or being 10-6 To 8-8 or 9-7 the little things add up

brimsalabim

Reaction score
zchurch74":2crydlos said:
Did u see that stat on defense first downs. Our defense has given up 35 first downs due to penalties. That’s unacceptable
Just crazy.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He has a trove of bad in-game decisions and clock management woes. He's a wonderful motivator, but that energy and excitement carries over into games and it makes him dumb a little too often.

He should hire an in-game consultant to scream at him any time he reaches for a challenge flag or wants to moronically fake a field goal.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When we had superior talent these weird decisions and the penalties didn't cost us. The team was able to overcome. Now with the injuries we can't afford costly errors like this.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Treghc":3ezq76ab said:
Just remember guys... Never gamble. Just like the NFC championship game. Shouldn't have gone for the TD. Play it safe, just like the Packers did.

You're wrong once and you're f***ing fired!

Oh come on, think of the context. Team was down 16-0 in the third quarter of that game and really needed a TD. Tonight a FG would have been just fine getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. That was a high risk low reward play tonight. Situational coaching. Any coach making that call gets roasted for that decision and Pete should not get a free pass just cause of past success.
Not saying fire him but he needs to be held accountable for being as big a part of today's as any player on the field.

Osprey12

Reaction score
WmHBonney":one2mpb3 said:
Osprey12":one2mpb3 said:
SlickRick":one2mpb3 said:

You go for the 3 and get the ball back to start the second half. Belichick would have called it correctly. If you want to get cute, then dial up something that will cover the 30+ yards you had to go for a TD......NOT a stupid shovel pass to a slow guy in the middle of the damn line.
I’m in agreement that the call was stupid as can be, but to claim that everything after that call would be the same is something that gets repeated way too often and was just curious if people believed that’s how a timeline works. If the snapper doesn’t give Peyton Manning a shitty snap in 48, does the score and every play afterwards play out the same?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Carroll is turning into Colonel Kurtz--a fallen, once brilliant officer now living in the jungles of delusion.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
nanomoz":gisane72 said:
He has a trove of bad in-game decisions and clock management woes. He's a wonderful motivator, but that energy and excitement carries over into games and it makes him dumb a little too often.

He should hire an in-game consultant to scream at him any time he reaches for a challenge flag or wants to moronically fake a field goal.

Lol little voice in Pete's headset, from topic thunder Downey jr character Kirk lazuras, " what the hell you doing reachin 4 dat challenge flag lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score
zchurch74":2q2o320r said:
Did u see that stat on defense first downs. Our defense has given up 35 first downs due to penalties. That’s unacceptable

That is coach's responsibility to instill some discipline. This team is the most undisciplined team in the NFL. I bet that won't change next Sunday on 49ers. They will continue to make the stupid drive extending penalties they do each week.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pete Carroll: Incredibly inept.

Time to get rid of Carroll.

How he justifies these idiotic playcalls I'll never understand.

This team for the majority of the players are past their prime and the head coach at the helms aren't making the situation any better.

This team is going backwards and have been since the Super Bowl loss.

Only one way to right the direction is to get rid of the coach steering the ship.

Thanks for the one championship but we need to part ways now.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
My only hope here is that he fires someone else in a bid to save his skin.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3pv4lqke said:
Treghc":3pv4lqke said:
Just remember guys... Never gamble. Just like the NFC championship game. Shouldn't have gone for the TD. Play it safe, just like the Packers did.

You're wrong once and you're f***ing fired!

Oh come on, think of the context. Team was down 16-0 in the third quarter of that game and really needed a TD. Tonight a FG would have been just fine getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. That was a high risk low reward play tonight. Situational coaching. Any coach making that call gets roasted for that decision and Pete should not get a free pass just cause of past success.
Not saying fire him but he needs to be held accountable for being as big a part of today's as any player on the field.
For me it's a combination of the score and the clock. If there was a minute left on the clock or we were down 21-0, I'm fine with this play. But with both of those not true, this felt like unnecessary risk with very little chance of reward.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Just awful Clock management. Two unnecessary timeouts. And the completely pointless fake at the end of second. Pete needs to get his act together.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Ok I'll have to defend Pete on the first half call but it was a poor attempt at a fake field goal at least they should of passed it. Walsh missed the same one at the end of the game so why would you think he would of made the one before the half with that being said.

This was a good game I really thought we were going to get hammered in this game it was almost like Dan was leaving us in the game he could of thrown the ball to Jones all night we had nobody to defend him, I would be all for cutting all the high dollar players and starting all over except for a few. The excitement of watching this secondary trying to keep up and the offense trying as good as they could and actually did keep up to a point.

What do you say Lets start the rebuilding process keep a few trade the rest including the coaches who would you keep and who's on the chopping block?

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
hawkfan68":f93fgouz said:
zchurch74":f93fgouz said:

That is coach's responsibility to instill some discipline. This team is the most undisciplined team in the NFL. I bet that won't change next Sunday on 49ers. They will continue to make the stupid drive extending penalties they do each week.

You are right it won't change, 49ers won't put up a fight we take the W there, but I'm getting tired of losing to decent teams. Those Ws prove more when your opponent is Elite compared to the 9ers

Latest posts