Pete's in trouble

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
onepicknick1":1gxflyd2 said:
Ok I'll have to defend Pete on the first half call but it was a poor attempt at a fake field goal at least they should of passed it. Walsh missed the same one at the end of the game so why would you think he would of made the one before the half with that being said.

This was a good game I really thought we were going to get hammered in this game it was almost like Dan was leaving us in the game he could of thrown the ball to Jones all night we had nobody to defend him, I would be all for cutting all the high dollar players and starting all over except for a few. The excitement of watching this secondary trying to keep up and the offense trying as good as they could and actually did keep up to a point.

What do you say Lets start the rebuilding process keep a few trade the rest including the coaches who would you keep and who's on the chopping block?

Kris Richard, for starters

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Well, we do have injuries to star/Key players.

We should be careful what we wish for when we are so pissed off.

I want Pete to stay as long as he can. He does need to hold his coaches
he gives so much power to accountable when they don't produce results.

I am not ready to go back to the Mora ages....

We have invested a lot in the core, but the core was to many guys on D. Defense wins championships
but you have figure in their health also declines a bit faster than offensive players?

I really wish he would just build around Russ Wilson, and get O line men who can play better?

He had a bad game tonite, but I keep feeling like until they figure out a new direction, we still have
the stench of the failed SB play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3jdatsuq said:
Except Seahawks coaches are never held accountable for anything. If they were, some of them wouldn't still be here.
This. Bevell should have be gone the minute after XLIX happened. Cable a year later, and Richard’s time to go is rapidly approaching. I love Pete and the XLVIII trophy bought him some time, but mistakes by him tonight need to stop.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
gonzhawk":o0begyd2 said:
Well, we do have injuries to star/Key players.

We should be careful what we wish for when we are so pissed off.

I want Pete to stay as long as he can. He does need to hold his coaches
he gives so much power to accountable when they don't produce results.

I am not ready to go back to the Mora ages....

We have invested a lot in the core, but the core was to many guys on D. Defense wins championships
but you have figure in their health also declines a bit faster than offensive players?

I really wish he would just build around Russ Wilson, and get O line men who can play better?

He had a bad game tonite, but I keep feeling like until they figure out a new direction, we still have
the stench of the failed SB play.
Mora gives me nightmares bud, those 4 letters in a row, if I ever hear some one say give me more , I get flash backs of that guy

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I think kris Richards need to be on the hot seat too, so sick of watching third down conversions and soft D every game

Seymour

Reaction score
I didn't hear Pete own up to making a stupid call that Pete said "the tackle wasn't suppose to be there". Maybe he should listen to Quinn that said they were ready for what Pete taught him. That and his continued lack of team discipline (penalties) is going to be one of many themes for a failed 2017.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
xStickybudz":2ki6be1y said:
I think kris Richards need to be on the hot seat too, so sick of watching third down conversions and soft D every game

Tell me about it, 1st down 2nd down,3rd down quick. Next thing you know ( insert opposin qb name here )

Down 3rd and 20 ,bam 1st down with a 50 yard pass

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SlickRick":2b6w30le said:
Guys was it me or was gruden taking shots at Seattle all night long ? I heard him say Seattle's not good enough or look how amazing Atlanta is.. dude wasn't even neutral

I was there ....and we did not look dominate tonight. Our Defense is a SHAM!!

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2sbz06gm said:
SlickRick":2sbz06gm said:
Guys was it me or was gruden taking shots at Seattle all night long ? I heard him say Seattle's not good enough or look how amazing Atlanta is.. dude wasn't even neutral

I was there ....and we did not look dominate tonight. Our Defense is a SHAM!!

Hard to sleep on a L tonight. I wanted Seattle to win so bad today against dan & the falcons

Treghc

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":ex7u4aeh said:
Treghc":ex7u4aeh said:
Just remember guys... Never gamble. Just like the NFC championship game. Shouldn't have gone for the TD. Play it safe, just like the Packers did.

You're wrong once and you're f***ing fired!

Oh come on, think of the context. Team was down 16-0 in the third quarter of that game and really needed a TD. Tonight a FG would have been just fine getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. That was a high risk low reward play tonight. Situational coaching. Any coach making that call gets roasted for that decision and Pete should not get a free pass just cause of past success.
Not saying fire him but he needs to be held accountable for being as big a part of today's as any player on the field.

Fair enough, but let's take a look at the other side of things. If the O-line could hold up for a split second, a fumble + 6 wouldn't have happened. Sure, blame that on Cable (valid) and then blame that on Pete (less valid), but then take a look at the absolutely sh**astic throw that Wilson did during the very first drive. Could've changed the entire game right there. How about Walsh missing a FG SHORT? What about the PI that was never called against Alford?

There' blame all around here. To try and single out one single area here is asinine. A lot of things went wrong. Some was coaching, some was player's ability to perform, some was reffing. Trying to call for coaches heads right now makes no sense.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seymour":utee8pe6 said:
I didn't hear Pete own up to making a stupid call that Pete said "the tackle wasn't suppose to be there". Maybe he should listen to Quinn that said they were ready for what Pete taught him. That and his continued lack of team discipline (penalties) is going to be one of many themes for a failed 2017.

The issue with the call is that NO WAY does it go for 7

So now you are trading a 3pt FG for a shorter FG when later in the game you say 52 yards is no problem

The inconsistencies are the issue. The lack of thought process and apparently understanding of details related to the game

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
I am over Pete, he can retire tomorrow and I wouldn't mind. Wilson is the one that hides what a weak coach he is.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Treghc":3rci1fa0 said:
HawkRiderFan":3rci1fa0 said:
Treghc":3rci1fa0 said:
Just remember guys... Never gamble. Just like the NFC championship game. Shouldn't have gone for the TD. Play it safe, just like the Packers did.

Oh come on, think of the context. Team was down 16-0 in the third quarter of that game and really needed a TD. Tonight a FG would have been just fine getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. That was a high risk low reward play tonight. Situational coaching. Any coach making that call gets roasted for that decision and Pete should not get a free pass just cause of past success.
Not saying fire him but he needs to be held accountable for being as big a part of today's as any player on the field.

Fair enough, but let's take a look at the other side of things. If the O-line could hold up for a split second, a fumble + 6 wouldn't have happened. Sure, blame that on Cable (valid) and then blame that on Pete (less valid), but then take a look at the absolutely sh**astic throw that Wilson did during the very first drive. Could've changed the entire game right there. How about Walsh missing a FG SHORT? What about the PI that was never called against Alford?

There' blame all around here. To try and single out one single area here is asinine. A lot of things went wrong. Some was coaching, some was player's ability to perform, some was reffing. Trying to call for coaches heads right now makes no sense.

Don't forget the Jimmy Graham drop. How is it the Pats can be so consistent every year but every other team struggles I would have to go with coaching and talent evaluation. I for one would not like to see Pete go but for the other coaches MMMM

Anthony!

Reaction score
onepicknick1":3qrgysk2 said:
Treghc":3qrgysk2 said:
HawkRiderFan":3qrgysk2 said:
Treghc":3qrgysk2 said:

Don't forget the Jimmy Graham drop. How is it the Pats can be so consistent every year but every other team struggles I would have to go with coaching and talent evaluation. I for one would not like to see Pete go but for the other coaches MMMM

or the Baldwin drop

JimmyG

Reaction score
Osprey12":2ylmmjid said:
SlickRick":2ylmmjid said:
We take the field goal in 1st half of the game and its 34 -34 right now in OT
So changing that play doesn’t change any other part of this game? Go for the field goal there and the entire rest of the game shakes out exactly the same way? I just don’t understand this way of thinking. Yes, we would have had 3 more points at that exact point in time. To think that everything else stays exactly the same is amazing to me that people think that. If we would have just taken Tom Brady in 2000 we would have 5 super bowl rings right? Is that the way this works?
Totally agree. Let's say, hypothetically, everything plays up exactly the same up until late in the game.

Atlanta had the ball on like the half-yard line late in the 4th quarter. They were up 31-24. They opted to a kick a FG to go up 34-24 (10 points -- a two-possession game).

If the score was 31-27 at the time of the play, do you really think Quinn would still kick a FG to go up 34-27? I think he would've went for the jugular and tried to score a TD, to make it a 38-27 game.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SlickRick":dh2unebf said:
Everybody's a genuis in hindsight. YOu weren't down there in the trenches.

adeltaY

Reaction score
JimmyG":29gq8vf1 said:
Osprey12":29gq8vf1 said:
SlickRick":29gq8vf1 said:
So changing that play doesn’t change any other part of this game? Go for the field goal there and the entire rest of the game shakes out exactly the same way? I just don’t understand this way of thinking. Yes, we would have had 3 more points at that exact point in time. To think that everything else stays exactly the same is amazing to me that people think that. If we would have just taken Tom Brady in 2000 we would have 5 super bowl rings right? Is that the way this works?
Totally agree. Let's say, hypothetically, everything plays up exactly the same up until late in the game.

Atlanta had the ball on like the half-yard line late in the 4th quarter. They were up 31-24. They opted to a kick a FG to go up 34-24 (10 points -- a two-possession game).

If the score was 31-27 at the time of the play, do you really think Quinn would still kick a FG to go up 34-27? I think he would've went for the jugular and tried to score a TD, to make it a 38-27 game.

Was that when it was 4th and inches at the goal line? I think he might've gone for it in that situation.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
For those people that want Carroll to stay,,,,,,why? Did the SB win cloud your eyes that bad that you cant see whats happening? This team cannot and will not move forward with him at the helm.