Pete's Press Conference After The Game

Keyhawk

Reaction score
He indicated this game was similar to the loss to Atlanta in the 2012 season. What is he suggesting? Just a comparison of the two games or a prediction of success for next season or both?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I'd say a prediction of success for next season. I don't think the game was all that similar... Atlanta did what they always do and that is let teams back in the game. They let the Hawks in that game... the very next week they blew the 17-0 lead to SF in the NFCCG and then of course 28-3.

Hawks have a lot of young talent. I don't think they have as much as the 2012 team but things are definitely looking up... and yes I'm a fan (when they aren't playing Atlanta) who watches every game.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Or it's an indication that 8 years later we still don't learn from our mistakes and will continue making them.

Largent80

Reaction score
We got this far with a defense that everybody knows had quite a few flaws, and it was no different yesterday. Hill in the game in the 4th quarter???...Hahaha, what would anyone expect?

For them to get this far was pretty amazing actually.

Reason

Reaction score
The entire coaching staff needs to go. They need at least one alpha male who has the balls to go for it on 4th down instead of throwing the game away like they did. Russ should have just played another down and ignored the coaches.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It seemed like an emotional presser. Both my wife I and noticed he needed to take a moment before talking about Russ and his attitude. It looked like he almost choked up.

There was an amusing moment too. He got pretty pissed and dismissed a reporter who questioned the lack of urgency of the punt team getting on the field late in the 4th. It was a strange question as I don't recall anything out of the ordinary.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":ho4246zn said:
We got this far with a defense that everybody knows had quite a few flaws, and it was no different yesterday. Hill in the game in the 4th quarter???...Hahaha, what would anyone expect?

For them to get this far was pretty amazing actually.

Yep... I had the Seahawks pegged for 8-8 this year... the same finish I thought Atlanta (7-9) would end up with. The playoffs went as I thought... a win at the garbage Eagles and a loss in GB. Had the game been here I'd have picked Seattle all day.

I underestimated Wilson carrying the team with his MVP performance for the first 3/4 of the season. Like I said I think next year the Hawks will do better as long as they shore up the D a bit... and if Brady comes back I'm taking the girlfriend to that game at the Clink..(she's never been)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The thing that hasn't changed for years with this team: Russ having to save the day, and if he DOESN'T perform a miracle, he gets bashed. Many have talked about wasting his career. I see it more as he has had to outplay crap coaching for a LONG time. They are SO predictable on offense.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Reason":162b9elt said:
The entire coaching staff needs to go. They need at least one alpha male who has the balls to go for it on 4th down instead of throwing the game away like they did. Russ should have just played another down and ignored the coaches.

Better idea is for you to go. LMK if you need destination advice.

xray

Reaction score
I refuse to watch or listen to Carroll for the last 3 years and counting . Did he say something new ? Thought so .

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'm a big fan and Carroll supporter, but this is two losses in a row where late game decision making has cost us dearly.
These days I am relegated to making my way by reading and understanding odds. We had almost no success stopping GB on third down for the entire game, but our offense was making hay the second half. Electing to punt on 4th and 5 with only 3 minutes to go was a BAD bet.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Appyhawk":z49vj3il said:
I'm a big fan and Carroll supporter, but this is two losses in a row where late game decision making has cost us dearly.
These days I am relegated to making my way by reading and understanding odds. We had almost no success stopping GB on third down for the entire game, but our offense was making hay the second half. Electing to punt on 4th and 5 with only 3 minutes to go was a BAD bet.

It was 4th and 11. And with three timeouts and the warning, it was the right call. The defense just didn't stop them, they had two chances third and long and stopped neither.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3w07i9dt said:
It was the right decision. We were on our own 36 with 4th and 11. Three time outs and a 2 minute warning. The defense has to get better.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they made the 2012 comparison last year after we were eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":24ocu4a3 said:
I’m pretty sure they made the 2012 comparison last year after we were eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you are right. And I don't think that's the only time.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I was left scratching my head after Marshawn's comments about chicken and money and hanging on to said money. He sounded like a guy who had none of it left.

For a guy who has made $56M over his career I would hope he has had success hanging on to it. Then on 710 earlier they were saying that Marshawn has saved all his money and only spent his endorsements so... I guess he isn't broke.