Petes special team meeting?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ek5l6x0i said:
scutterhawk":ek5l6x0i said:
"Winning since 2012" also included guys like Marshawn Lynch, and a fairly healthy 'Legion Of Boom', an O-Line that was dialed into providing for a stellar run game......We're not even close to having that O-Line in the lineup now, and this year?, Russell Wilson has paid a big price for all the shortcomings.

It's hard enough to find a team that has continuity, all it's fingers and toes that still doesn't have misfires & brain farts every now and then, let alone a team that is missing a crucial HALF of it's all star Secondary, a glued together patchwork O-Line & RB's that have been injured LONG before it can put in the necessary time to find it's groove.

What would you have Pete do at this juncture?, there's a lot of players on the team now, that have never been this deep into a season before, and CERTAINLY haven't played against PRO caliber players for a whole season, so they are in uncharted waters, and in need of meetings like this. JMHO

A lot of excuses are being made....The Seahawks are a better team than they showed. They should be playing better in week 16 but they are not. In years past they have played better toward the end of the season. They didn't have Lynch for most of the season but were able to play better. Last year's team is significantly better than this season's team. The season before that, that team was better than last season and this seasons. The team has regressed. Yes, injuries play a factor but a lot of teams that are playing better currently than the Seahawks are dealing with injury issues as well. GB has lost almost half their defense to injuries yet are finding ways to win. Pats lost their best receiver and are continuing to win. Great teams find a way to overcome adversity not make excuses.

Excuses? Hmm, So you don't want explanations of the facts to enter into the equation?, My pointing out that KEY players from the 2012 season missing from the 2016 lineup is an "Excuse"?
We are down to just 18 players from our Super Bowl Season, and you don't see the correlation?
Russell Wilson was sacked, hit & knocked down a lot in the beginning of 2015 season, but he was still fairly healthy & able to juke and scramble some.
early into the 2016 season, and he has 3 injuries, no RUN GAME to help take some of the pressures off....THESE AREN'T EXCUSES, they are EXPLANATIONS.
Last season, we had 3 of the 4 LOB players going into the play-offs, this season, we are down to 2 of the original 4 LOB members, KEY positions that are now uncovered, again, these are not "excuses", they are explanations.
^^^All that said, the 2016 Seahawks have locked up the NFC WEST Championship....AGAIN, and they did it in spite of all the injuries TO KEY PLAYERS, because that's what "GREAT TEAMS" do.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Dude, Tom Brady didn't play for the first four games of the season and the Pats went 3-1...

That...is coaching.

I think we need to move past the idea that the only way the Seahawks can win is with our 2013 roster fully healthy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":6eoiebnb said:
hawkfan68":6eoiebnb said:
scutterhawk":6eoiebnb said:
"Winning since 2012" also included guys like Marshawn Lynch, and a fairly healthy 'Legion Of Boom', an O-Line that was dialed into providing for a stellar run game......We're not even close to having that O-Line in the lineup now, and this year?, Russell Wilson has paid a big price for all the shortcomings.

It's hard enough to find a team that has continuity, all it's fingers and toes that still doesn't have misfires & brain farts every now and then, let alone a team that is missing a crucial HALF of it's all star Secondary, a glued together patchwork O-Line & RB's that have been injured LONG before it can put in the necessary time to find it's groove.

What would you have Pete do at this juncture?, there's a lot of players on the team now, that have never been this deep into a season before, and CERTAINLY haven't played against PRO caliber players for a whole season, so they are in uncharted waters, and in need of meetings like this. JMHO

A lot of excuses are being made....The Seahawks are a better team than they showed. They should be playing better in week 16 but they are not. In years past they have played better toward the end of the season. They didn't have Lynch for most of the season but were able to play better. Last year's team is significantly better than this season's team. The season before that, that team was better than last season and this seasons. The team has regressed. Yes, injuries play a factor but a lot of teams that are playing better currently than the Seahawks are dealing with injury issues as well. GB has lost almost half their defense to injuries yet are finding ways to win. Pats lost their best receiver and are continuing to win. Great teams find a way to overcome adversity not make excuses.

Excuses? Hmm, So you don't want explanations of the facts to enter into the equation?, My pointing out that KEY players from the 2012 season missing from the 2016 lineup is an "Excuse"?
We are down to just 18 players from our Super Bowl Season, and you don't see the correlation?
Russell Wilson was sacked, hit & knocked down a lot in the beginning of 2015 season, but he was still fairly healthy & able to juke and scramble some.
early into the 2016 season, and he has 3 injuries, no RUN GAME to help take some of the pressures off....THESE AREN'T EXCUSES, they are EXPLANATIONS.
Last season, we had 3 of the 4 LOB players going into the play-offs, this season, we are down to 2 of the original 4 LOB members, KEY positions that are now uncovered, again, these are not "excuses", they are explanations.
^^^All that said, the 2016 Seahawks have locked up the NFC WEST Championship....AGAIN, and they did it in spite of all the injuries TO KEY PLAYERS, because that's what "GREAT TEAMS" do.

More excuses....other teams have been able to overcome attrition and injuries. The Pats have overcome losing Tom Brady for a quarter of the season and losing their best receiver for the season....yet they keep winning. Great teams with great coaching adjust to adverse situations. The Pats have adjusted, why not the Seahawks. It's great the Seahawks have won a division in which they are the only team above .500. I expect more than just winning the division from this team win a 9 or 10 win season when they should have at least 12 or 13 wins.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1gctxwsu said:
Dude, Tom Brady didn't play for the first four games of the season and the Pats went 3-1...

That...is coaching.

I think we need to move past the idea that the only way the Seahawks can win is with our 2013 roster fully healthy.
No argument on the Coaching point, BUT, Tom Brady's replacement wasn't beat all to hell while playing up behind a shit O-Line either, and he didn't get his foot stepped on by Ndamnedasshole Suh......People want to dismiss the competition that the Pats & Seahawks had to face early on.......Oh and the Seahawks trounced the Patriots IN THEIR OWN BACK YARD, with Tom Brady on board no less.....That too is "COACHING"
There's a lot of quibbling and empty accusations about how shitty a job that Bevell has done at game-planning, he's supposed to strategize Protection for RW, using a bottom of the heap O-Line and a sketchy AT BEST Running game.
Everyone touts that "Defenses Wins Championships".......The FACT is, an inexperienced and injury laden Defense can also LOSE you a "Championship" too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":34ht2gcn said:
scutterhawk":34ht2gcn said:
hawkfan68":34ht2gcn said:
scutterhawk":34ht2gcn said:

More excuses....other teams have been able to overcome attrition and injuries. The Pats have overcome losing Tom Brady for a quarter of the season and losing their best receiver for the season....yet they keep winning. Great teams with great coaching adjust to adverse situations. The Pats have adjusted, why not the Seahawks. It's great the Seahawks have won a division in which they are the only team above .500. I expect more than just winning the division from this team win a 9 or 10 win season when they should have at least 12 or 13 wins.
Yeah, let's ditch the facts, and roll with more of your "Excuses" crap.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":257hhj20 said:
hawkfan68":257hhj20 said:
scutterhawk":257hhj20 said:

I'm not ditching the facts. I also provided "facts" and gave an example of a team that consistently manages to overcome attrition. My question is why not the Seahawks? The fact is the depth on the current Seahawks is abysmal. Even in 2013, the Seahawks faced some injuries and attrition - Breno was injured, Okung got injured, Thurmond and Browner were injured. They found ways to overcome those and win the Superbowl. Those are facts too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zsw1gr1 said:
scutterhawk":2zsw1gr1 said:
hawkfan68":2zsw1gr1 said:
scutterhawk":2zsw1gr1 said:

I'm not ditching the facts. I also provided "facts" and gave an example of a team that consistently manages to overcome attrition. My question is why not the Seahawks? The fact is the depth on the current Seahawks is abysmal. Even in 2013, the Seahawks faced some injuries and attrition - Breno was injured, Okung got injured, Thurmond and Browner were injured. They found ways to overcome those and win the Superbowl. Those are facts too.

I'm going to repeat myself, because you and a couple of others have glossed over the one fact that y'all want to keep throwing out there.
"FACT" When the Seahawks played your team of example > The PATRIOTS < they took on Tom Brady & Gronkowski IN THEIR BACK YARD, and BEAT THEM....Again, the game wasn't played at the C-LINK it was in Foxboro.
"FACT"If they are the team for which you choose to use as a measure of how a great Team that overcomes attrition, then it stands to reason, that you have to admit that the Seahawks besting them, on their turf shows that Pete & the Seahawks Coaching staff were the BETTER COACHES ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY.
What I'm hearing from some of y'all, is that we shouldn't be experiencing much, if ANY drop-off now that guys like Thomas & Lockett are out of there, because we should be able to do some Bill Billy-check, Coaching, and get Tyrell and a couple of scrubs to substitute in the games and everything should work out SEAMLESSLY.
Now, using that metric, and reasoning, The Patriots should be able to COACH up a WIN in EVERY SINGLE GAME that they play........That's an unrealistic stance.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":gn7lrlms said:
I'm going to repeat myself, because you and a couple of others have glossed over the one fact that y'all want to keep throwing out there.
"FACT" When the Seahawks played your team of example > The PATRIOTS < they took on Tom Brady & Gronkowski IN THEIR BACK YARD, and BEAT THEM....Again, the game wasn't played at the C-LINK it was in Foxboro.
"FACT"If they are the team for which you choose to use as a measure of how a great Team that overcomes attrition, then it stands to reason, that you have to admit that the Seahawks besting them, on their turf shows that Pete & the Seahawks Coaching staff were the BETTER COACHES ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY.
What I'm hearing from some of y'all, is that we shouldn't be experiencing much, if ANY drop-off now that guys like Thomas & Lockett are out of there, because we should be able to do some Bill Billy-check, Coaching, and get Tyrell and a couple of scrubs to substitute in the games and everything should work out SEAMLESSLY.
Now, using that metric, and reasoning, The Patriots should be able to COACH up a WIN in EVERY SINGLE GAME that they play........That's an unrealistic stance.

What you're failing to understand is that team is 13-2 and is #1 seed in it's conference. They are on a 6 game win streak. During this season, they played 4 games without their HOF QB, they traded their top DE in he offseason, they traded their top LB, and they lost their primary target for the season. Yet they finished strong. They are playing their best ball right now. Are the Seahawks? Seahawks did beat them in NE. That was a great game but then went back to being up and down team. While that losing team righted its ship and won the rest of their remaining games. That's my point. Where's the team that beat NE? It sure wasn't the one that showed up in TB (they had Earl that game too).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":pbufvcbx said:

That...is coaching.

You raise what could be a very valid point with an equally valid example.

Pats coaching is superior to our Hawks.

I think anyone responding honesty would have a hard time countering that.

mrt144

Reaction score
semiahmoo":29001u6b said:
CHawkTailGator":29001u6b said:

That...is coaching.

I think the biggest lesson in the NFL is that there are myriad ways to enjoy success and BB alone is able to dabble in several of those ways simply by being possibly the greatest coach of the modern era of the NFL. PC has his method, it works pretty well, BB has his method, it works very well. No shame in that.

LoB6

Reaction score
Maybe Pete needs to hold a special team meeting on Seahawks.net to address the division here.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrt144":2ug03r2b said:
semiahmoo":2ug03r2b said:
CHawkTailGator":2ug03r2b said:

That...is coaching.

I think the biggest lesson in the NFL is that there are myriad ways to enjoy success and BB alone is able to dabble in several of those ways simply by being possibly the greatest coach of the modern era of the NFL. PC has his method, it works pretty well, BB has his method, it works very well. No shame in that.

Well said.

Totally agree BB has been the single best coach in the NFL over the last 15 years or so. He came to NE already bruised and battered by the sometimes insane fluctuations of coaching in the league, and had developed both a mind and temperament to go on a domination tear the likes of which we haven't seen in the NFL for a generation.

Our Hawks had a chance to be counted among that "dynasty" label, and then there was "THE PLAY."

Dynasty crumbled, NE marches on, Hawks now struggling to regain what we once had.

And the beat goes on...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2a1j0f4e said:
Well said.

Totally agree BB has been the single best coach in the NFL over the last 15 years or so. He came to NE already bruised and battered by the sometimes insane fluctuations of coaching in the league, and had developed both a mind and temperament to go on a domination tear the likes of which we haven't seen in the NFL for a generation.

Our Hawks had a chance to be counted among that "dynasty" label, and then there was "THE PLAY."

Dynasty crumbled, NE marches on, Hawks now struggling to regain what we once had.

And the beat goes on...

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Explain it to the rest of us, WHY HASN'T BB WON CONSECUTIVE SB's in the last FIFTEEN years
When you bring up "The Play", Do you have ANY idea WHAT the HELL you ARE talking ABOUT???
The Seahawks LOB secondary were ALL nursing MAJOR injuries, ALL..... OF......THEM.
BB's coaching didn't have a damned thing to do with the Pats orchestrating a comeback against a TOTALLY BEAT TO HELL SEAHAWKS SECONDARY....The look of shock on Tom Brady, and BB's face at he end of the game said it all :roll:
Should be easy enough for you & 68 to explain, WHY HAVEN'T THE PATRIOTS DOMINATED FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS, AND TAKEN THE LOMBARDI HOME IN SAID DOMINATING FASHION in that period of time???????
Someone is trying to blow smoke up ol' Wakahtah's ass :141847_bnono:

Latest posts