PFF: Justin Britt most improved OG in 2Q of season

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FormerEvil":1yt5joq7 said:
bmorepunk":1yt5joq7 said:
FormerEvil":1yt5joq7 said:
When you are hands down the worst right tackle in the league in 2014 and then are hands down the worst LG in the league, it's hard not to improve on what you did before. He's still horrible and was a disastrous draft pick but he has shown improvement from god awful to just bad.

I find it hard to believe that Britt is absolutely ("hands down") the worst left guard and right tackle in the league. I find it even more unbelievable that you know all starting and backup players for these positions for every team in the league and are able to gauge their play against Britt's. Can you even name all 120+ of them?

In 2014 Justin Britt was the worst rated Tackle in all of the NFL by PFF. I don't need to be able to name all the Tackles to be able to read and see that.

No, he wasn't. He allowed more pressures than any other RT -- in part because he played in 18 games and was a rookie RT for a QB who holds the ball longer than anyone else in the league -- but he made up for it as a run blocker. In fact, he was named to PFF's All-Rookie team in 2014.

IrishNW

Reaction score
You guys know he was injured the first half of the season right?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
FormerEvil":1veroyfl said:
bmorepunk":1veroyfl said:
FormerEvil":1veroyfl said:
When you are hands down the worst right tackle in the league in 2014 and then are hands down the worst LG in the league, it's hard not to improve on what you did before. He's still horrible and was a disastrous draft pick but he has shown improvement from god awful to just bad.

I find it hard to believe that Britt is absolutely ("hands down") the worst left guard and right tackle in the league. I find it even more unbelievable that you know all starting and backup players for these positions for every team in the league and are able to gauge their play against Britt's. Can you even name all 120+ of them?

In 2014 Justin Britt was the worst rated Right Tackle in all of the NFL by PFF. I don't need to be able to name all the Tackles to be able to read and see that. We aren't talking about practice squad players here. We are talking about qualifying Tackles.

Let's just ignore what hawknation said and assume that across the board, Britt had the worst scores across the board on PFF's system at RT last year and LG this year.

You said he was the "worst right tackle in the league" in 2014. This includes EVERY player at that position on a roster, including ones that did not play, ones that only played for part of a season, etc. I don't care about practice squads. If you're talking about "qualifying players" I assume you're indicating starters or those who had significant snaps, but this is a completely different statement than "hands down worst right tackle in the league". Worst means worst; there would be no worse player on any roster at that position in the league.

The same thing goes for his play at left guard this year ("hands down the worst LG in the league"). He's either clearly the worst player at that position on any roster, or he isn't. Ian Silberman has zero offensive snaps this year; is he better than Britt? How is Silberman's PFF score?

FormerEvil

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3p4m8n3r said:
FormerEvil":3p4m8n3r said:
bmorepunk":3p4m8n3r said:
FormerEvil":3p4m8n3r said:

In 2014 Justin Britt was the worst rated Right Tackle in all of the NFL by PFF. I don't need to be able to name all the Tackles to be able to read and see that. We aren't talking about practice squad players here. We are talking about qualifying Tackles.

Let's just ignore what hawknation said and assume that across the board, Britt had the worst scores across the board on PFF's system at RT last year and LG this year.

You said he was the "worst right tackle in the league" in 2014. This includes EVERY player at that position on a roster, including ones that did not play, ones that only played for part of a season, etc. I don't care about practice squads. If you're talking about "qualifying players" I assume you're indicating starters or those who had significant snaps, but this is a completely different statement than "hands down worst right tackle in the league". Worst means worst; there would be no worse player on any roster at that position in the league.

The same thing goes for his play at left guard this year ("hands down the worst LG in the league"). He's either clearly the worst player at that position on any roster, or he isn't. Ian Silberman has zero offensive snaps this year; is he better than Britt? How is Silberman's PFF score?

I have no interest in arguing semantics with you. If someone says they are graded as the worst right tackle in 2014 I think we can all take that to mean "out of right tackles that anyone should care about". Next time I'll spell it out for you so you can understand it better. You sure are wasting a lot of effort defending this guy. Everyone ripped on Carp when he was here saying that he was a bust and a waste of a pick. Britt is making Carp look like an all pro so far. He "currently and in the past, has sucked as an o-lineman in the NFL." I hope he gets better or that pick is another in a line of wasted upper round picks in recent years.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
FormerEvil":3esg0079 said:
I have no interest in arguing semantics with you. If someone says they are graded as the worst right tackle in 2014 I think we can all take that to mean "out of right tackles that anyone should care about". Next time I'll spell it out for you so you can understand it better. You sure are wasting a lot of effort defending this guy. Everyone ripped on Carp when he was here saying that he was a bust and a waste of a pick. Britt is making Carp look like an all pro so far. He "currently and in the past, has sucked as an o-lineman in the NFL." I hope he gets better or that pick is another in a line of wasted upper round picks in recent years.

I'm not "defending" Britt; don't composite my posts with someone else's as if we're the same person. Britt has not played well overall.

This isn't "arguing semantics", and you should not be so hyperbolic in your statements if have an interest in being intellectually honest. Your original statements clearly stated him as the worst at both RT and LG in the entire league. Worst means every player at that position on every roster is better than him. Your statements left no room for semantic interpretation, as they are basic syntax and logic.

Worst starter at a position is very different. Worst graded at a position is also very different, although hawknation does make a substantive argument against it.

Latest posts