PFF Player Rankings Going Into Week 18

RiverDog

Reaction score
OK, here we go again. Here's PFF's player rankings by position for our guys along with the top player and a few other players of interest through Week 17:

QB: Geno Smith #12. Josh Allen and Dak Prescott are ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

WR: DK Metcalf T-#19, Tyler Lockett #26, Jake Bobo #36, JSN #73. Tyreek Hill is ranked #1.

RB: Kenneth Walker #8, Zach Charbonnet #36. DeVon Achane and CMC are ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

TE: Will Dissly #18, Noah Fant #30, Colby Parkinson #35. George Kittle is ranked #1. Taylor Swift's hunk is ranked #4.

Centers: Evan Brown #28. Frank Ragnow is ranked #1. Former Seahawk Ethan Pocic is ranked #12.

Guards: Damien Lewis T-#35, Phil Haynes #62, Anthony Bradford #63. Chris Lindstrom of the Falcons continues to be ranked #1.

Tackles: Charles Cross #39, Jake Curhan # 63, Stone Forsythe #65. Penei Sewell of the Lions and Trent Williams are ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

CB: Devon Witherspoon #8, Michael Jackson #14, Tariq Woolen #43, Tre Brown #62. Jaylon Johnson of the Bears is ranked #1.

Safety: Julian Love #24, Yikes Adams #83, Quandre Diggs #88. Jessie Bates of the Falcons is ranked #1.

LB: Bobby Wagner #14, Jordyn Brooks #55. Fred Warner is ranked #1.

DT: Leonard Williams #21, Mario Edwards #36. Dexter Lawrence of the Giants is ranked #1.

Edge: Boye Mafe #39, Uchenna Nwosu T-#51, Dre Mont Jones #83, Darrell Taylor #104, Derick Hall #110. Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, Micha Parsons, Maxx Crosby, and TJ Watt are ranked #1-#5 respectively.

morgulon1

Reaction score
This tells me Seattle could improve by replacing 80% of their starters.

How the heck can a safety be ranked in the 80s? There's only 32 teams.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
This tells me Seattle could improve by replacing 80% of their starters.

How the heck can a safety be ranked in the 80s? There's only 32 teams.
There are 97 safeties that have satisfied the minimum snap count. Being ranked in the 80's is horrible.

I didn't post the number of players ranked at each position but suffice it to say that quarterbacks and centers have the fewest players that have satisfied the minimum snap count and wide receivers have the most.

renofox

Reaction score
Adams #83 Diggs #88.
Out of 90ish total.
Out of 64 starters.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

These guys have the #1 and #2 cap hit for safeties next year. Too lazy to look it up again but it's about $27M and $21M. Over 20% of the cap on two guys ranked at the very bottom of the heap. At a non-premium position where over half of the top-64 make less than $5M/yr.

If they're released it's > $30M in dead money.

Just to have the pleasure of these fine players on our roster, we gave up enough draft capital and players to trade up and draft CJ Stroud. Then we paid them enough to get an entire IOL of pro-bowler FAs.

And this only one of many examples of the fine job of roster building by PCJS.

BUT LOOK AT THE LAST TWO DRAFTS! PCJS have it all figured out now! Never mind that adding a king's ransom in draft picks hasn't led to an improved team. Never mind that the cap situation gets worse every year. Just TRUST IN PCJS! They'll keep building on their massive success and quit making these types of mistakes any year now! I have complete confidence that the new and improved PCJS 10-year plan is going to work this time!
🌈 🌈🌈🦄🦄🦄

Ozzy

Reaction score
But I thought Geno was the worst qb in the league according to this forum??
I think most in this forum have him ranked 12-20 which is fair. PFF him the highest and other sites that have their grading system have him lower but within that 12-20 range. A slightly better than average QB. I’d put him around 14-17 personally

Ozzy

Reaction score
Honestly those rankings are a little depressing.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Adams #83 Diggs #88.
Out of 90ish total.
Out of 64 starters.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

These guys have the #1 and #2 cap hit for safeties next year. Too lazy to look it up again but it's about $27M and $21M. Over 20% of the cap on two guys ranked at the very bottom of the heap. At a non-premium position where over half of the top-64 make less than $5M/yr.

If they're released it's > $30M in dead money.

Just to have the pleasure of these fine players on our roster, we gave up enough draft capital and players to trade up and draft CJ Stroud. Then we paid them enough to get an entire IOL of pro-bowler FAs.

And this only one of many examples of the fine job of roster building by PCJS.

BUT LOOK AT THE LAST TWO DRAFTS! PCJS have it all figured out now! Never mind that adding a king's ransom in draft picks hasn't led to an improved team. Never mind that the cap situation gets worse every year. Just TRUST IN PCJS! They'll keep building on their massive success and quit making these types of mistakes any year now! I have complete confidence that the new and improved PCJS 10-year plan is going to work this time!
🌈 🌈🌈🦄🦄🦄
All they can do now is get out of under those contracts and eat the dead money. What's done is done and lamenting it forever will do nothing. At least the last two drafts have been better and give us something to build upon. It's actually impressive they are even competitive when you are paying two of the worst safeties in the league 20% of the cap.

NoGain

Reaction score
If PC stays around because of the flux state ownership is in, a lot of cutting bait is needed. But PC has a way patching things up with quick fixes so he can trot another borderline team out there.

There's a restlessness around this team and its fanbase , however, that's becoming harder to ignore. I'm starting to hear a bunch of more level-headed pundits sounding the alarm for real change than I can remember.

renofox

Reaction score
All they can do now is get out of under those contracts and eat the dead money. What's done is done and lamenting it forever will do nothing. At least the last two drafts have been better and give us something to build upon. It's actually impressive they are even competitive when you are paying two of the worst safeties in the league 20% of the cap.
I've heard that PC was talking like Adams is back next year? If he brings back Adams why not Diggs? Hell let's sign Brooks to an $18M/yr extension with a $40M signing bonus!

This isn't about the past IMO. It's about how far into the future it will be before we see an end to idiotic decision-makers.

renofox

Reaction score
If PC stays around because of the flux state ownership is in, a lot of cutting bait is needed. But PC has a way patching things up with quick fixes so he can trot another borderline team out there.

There's a restlessness around this team and its fanbase , however, that's becoming harder to ignore. I'm starting to hear a bunch of more level-headed pundits sounding the alarm for real change than I can remember.
PC is a master at building high-floor teams. For some fans that is fine and I respect their right to fan how they see fit.

For other fans, myself included, we're just tired of low-ceiling teams. The way PCJS have been maintaining the high-floor has kept the Seahawks stuck in a low-ceiling rut.

I'm ready for the next chapter.

Just like I was ready for the Mora chapter when Holmgren aged out, and then the PC chapter when Mora failed.

calinator

Reaction score
These rankings seem pretty suspect when I see Dak ahead of Lamar. Lamar does much much more than Dak with less around him. Lamar owned the 49'ers while Dak was completely dominated.

flv2

Reaction score
I've heard that PC was talking like Adams is back next year? If he brings back Adams why not Diggs? Hell let's sign Brooks to an $18M/yr extension with a $40M signing bonus!

This isn't about the past IMO. It's about how far into the future it will be before we see an end to idiotic decision-makers.
Adams isn't going to be on the 2024 Week 1 roster at $16.5M. If management want to keep him around until July and then give him what they consider to be a market value or be cut choice would that really be so bad?

bileever

Reaction score
What these numbers tell you is that the personnel decisions of the last four years (apart from the Wilson trade) have been a disaster. While everyone else is constructing skyscrapers, we're making mud and thatch huts. And spending more money doing it!

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've detected that same sentiment as well, in other forums, social media, etc. If we don't make the playoffs and at least get past the first round, they're going to be hanging effigies of Pete Carroll. The natives are restless.

Here's a good article written by a long-time local sportswriter, Jim Moore, that does a good job of capturing this attitude:

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
These rankings seem pretty suspect when I see Dak ahead of Lamar. Lamar does much much more than Dak with less around him. Lamar owned the 49'ers while Dak was completely dominated.
I think that's a fair criticism. I also think that Josh Allen is ranked higher than he should be, has been all season. Allen has thrown 16 interceptions, 2nd in the league and over twice as many as Lamar Jackson has. Additionally, IMO PFF doesn't appear to put a high enough value on the team's record when they evaluate quarterbacks. Until recently, the Bills have underperformed. The Ravens have played well all season, their three losses by a combined 12 points, sport the best record in the league at 13-3, and have already clinched the #1 seed.

In my book, Jackson is the best QB in the league and would get my vote for MVP.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I had the same thought last night .

Rip the bandaid off this off-season and move forward . The fact that JS/PC let this team get to this point by mismanagement shows the hubris of those two. There is NO way that this team is ready to emerge as a top contender.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The moves they've made at safety alone might get you fired with some owners.

Latest posts