Phil Bates waived

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maxman186":3mmt51fy said:
According to Seahawks app
Yep, got a feeling he is going to be the bubble boy this year, back and forth off the roster and off the PS.

Cartire

Reaction score
The good thing for Phil, as long as hes the roster for at least 1 day each week, he gets the full weeks paychecks.

A weird way to make a living, but hey, it works.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Barthawk":1mz2qpbq said:
Pretty sure Jefferson got an injury settlement. If that is the case he is off the IR and can re-sign.

There has to be some kind of restriction on this. Why couldn't the team put someone on IR whenever they need an extra roster spot, then come to an injury settlement and re-sign that player when they are healthy? Teams would be doing this left and right.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Could see them bringing back Terrell Thomas. He's a decent vet with familiarity of Pete's system.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of shape Antoine Winfield is in? Maybe coax him out of retirement with a promise of a ring??? :D

Erebus

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3rwufay5 said:
Barthawk":3rwufay5 said:
Pretty sure Jefferson got an injury settlement. If that is the case he is off the IR and can re-sign.

There has to be some kind of restriction on this. Why couldn't the team put someone on IR whenever they need an extra roster spot, then come to an injury settlement and re-sign that player when they are healthy? Teams would be doing this left and right.

I believe the risk is that it makes him a free agent and so you can lose him to any team, but I don't think you can do that after placing him on IR.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The rumors of Harvin's trip to the league office last week must have been false.

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I was surprised they brought him back, honestly. However, Lockette's emergence is probably the main reason for his cut. They don't need 8 WRs if they're already 6 deep with Walters up for PR duties if need be.

A

Anonymous

bigskydoc":jupxlxfr said:
The rumors of Harvin's trip to the league office last week must have been false.

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

Documentation? Link? Photography?

You know the drill.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2dbz8nsu said:

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

Wait.....what? I never hear a rumor.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1xxeolci said:
bigskydoc":1xxeolci said:

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

When Wes Welker was suspended he had recently missed practice for "personal reasons" (his appeal).

Someone in a comment section on fieldgulls mentioned that Percy missed practice and the Raider game for "personal reasons" and made a connection.

That's the extent of it. A comment on fieldgulls. Nothing from the national news, no PFT rumors, nothing on twitter. Nothing. There is no "rumor".

Cartire

Reaction score
Basis4day":3rvhlzor said:
Blitzer88":3rvhlzor said:
bigskydoc":3rvhlzor said:

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

When Wes Welker was suspended he had recently missed practice for "personal reasons" (his appeal).

Someone in a comment section on fieldgulls mentioned that Percy missed practice and the Raider game for "personal reasons" and made a connection.

That's the extent of it. A comment on fieldgulls. Nothing from the national news, no PFT rumors, nothing on twitter. Nothing. There is no "rumor".

Yeah, and the baseless rumor was amplified when we had 8 WR on the roster as some made the connection that we were preparing for his loss. It was dumb, but I assume that's what that guy was talking about.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Basis4day":28svwj0s said:
Blitzer88":28svwj0s said:
bigskydoc":28svwj0s said:

Or he won his appeal.

-bsd

That could be the case, but there wasn't much news or rumors about Welker's suspension before it happened, just saying. Really hope it is nothing.