Philip Rivers will throw to Richard Sherman's side

Hawks46

Reaction score
After watching this game, if Rivers throw it at Sherm, he'll be sorry.

It's ok though. Looks like Sherm is going to be lonely with no one testing him this year. He needs to pad his INT's somewhere.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Philip River's stats from last season prove that he's got some skills no doubt, I'm certainly no hater.

But after our pre-season game against them I concluded that they would have a hard time to even make the playoffs. Nothing they did tonight is really changing my mind with Rivers sporting a 75.9 passer rating plus an interception. Their Defense allowed over 400 yards against Arizona.

Then again the 49ers gave up 407 passing yards to Carson Palmer in Week 17 last season. So because it's a road game they have a slight chance to win but I would be very surprised. And I do think Rivers will throw at Sherman at least a couple times, and Sherman has a decent chance to get an INT.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tokadub":2gen0cma said:
Philip River's stats from last season prove that he's got some skills no doubt, I'm certainly no hater.
Rivers was a top-3 QB per Football Outsiders' rankings in 2008, 2009, and 2010, too. Rivers is a damned good QB; the excuses people make for Luck about not having a great supporting team have actually been true for Rivers over a pretty long period of time.

Largent80

Reaction score
Knowing we just got Thomas, and that he more than likely will play the slot, if I were OC I would attack the middle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":25oxn2xg said:
Knowing we just got Thomas, and that he more than likely will play the slot, if I were DC I would attack the middle.
It's always a good plan to make Kam happy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Actually, it is Burley who will be in there the most. Man, we cannot afford an injury to our starters right now at CB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":6ydtavvl said:
Knowing we just got Thomas, and that he more than likely will play the slot, if I were OC I would attack the middle.

Yep. Burley/Shead/Thomas .. whoever is on the slot.. it's a weakness right now until proven otherwise.

They're not going to test Sherm.. they're going to try the same thing the Broncos and Packers did. I'm guessing the sacrificial lamb on Sunday will likely be Royal with Allen/Floyd interchanging in the slot and left side.

The Chargers also love to split a TE out wide (Gates/Green)

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
IMO Philip Rivers won't ignore the right side of the field because the left is not his strength. Rodgers ignored Sherm because he thought the Hawks defense was weaker elsewhere and once they exploited it the Hawks would have to adjust even if it meant moving Sherm around. Thank goodness Maxwell is a stud and Burley proved to be a stout replacement.
Rivers will throw the deep ball on us more.. I gar - on - tee that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, throwing the deep ball on us is their best chance because of the P.I. factor if for nothing else.

They will work the middle extensively however. If we get just decent play there we will demoralize them.

We gave GB the middle and they still couldn't do squat with it. The one long pass play resulted in a P.I. so I look for them to do it and I hope they do.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":27ksvict said:
Honestly seeing Aaron Rodgers not throw to Sherman's side of the field boggles my mind. Why would you cut the field in half on your own accord. I know Richard Sherman is the best corner in the game but still, why limit yourself like that?

I don't expect to see that much more this season.
Didn't you see the NFC Championship game last season?

Perfundle

Reaction score
It was highly ironic that after an offseason spent saying that he was better than Sherman because he always covered the #1 receiver (which wasn't even true), this happened to Peterson:

Pro Football Focus":2xxbh5k2 said:
Signature Stat: After shadowing receivers before this season Peterson played just 4 of 62 snaps anywhere other than the left side.

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":914int7x said:
IMO Philip Rivers won't ignore the right side of the field because the left is not his strength. Rodgers ignored Sherm because he thought the Hawks defense was weaker elsewhere and once they exploited it the Hawks would have to adjust even if it meant moving Sherm around. Thank goodness Maxwell is a stud and Burley proved to be a stout replacement.
Rivers will throw the deep ball on us more.. I gar - on - tee that.

The right side is Rivers biggest weakness. It's the only side of the field he has a less than average completion percentage.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'd just like to caution some of you. Rivers has a ridiculous number of children and one/some of you may be talking about your own father. Tread lightly...

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":6v7hu647 said:
Lazyfingers":6v7hu647 said:
Here is the graphic detailing what mentioned:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInf ... 4761838593

Thanks and nice find fingers.
I was wrong big time. I just went by my recall of his games I watched last year.
He didn't look great against Arizon either..

I just happened to see it on my twitter feed. Like some others here, I'm an NCSU alum and follow Pack players in the pros. The Seahawks have become my favorite team since drafting Wilson, but also due to the area as I grew up in Montana.

With that said, Rivers was the QB while I was in school so I have followed his career closely. He is an incredible QB that can read the field as well as anyone. However, he has a Favre-esque competitive streak that clouds his judgement at times. Replacing Turner with McCoy will reveal how incredible Rivers can be, but I'm afraid the change came too late in his career. Turner squandered some immense talent with his ineptitude as a head coach and stubbornness with play-calling.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
I couldn't care less if he passes to Sherm's side. I'm way more concerned about him passin' to Burley's and Thomas' sides. I think it's pretty obvious he's going to be pickin' on them all night.......as he should.