Phillip Rivers to San Francisco?

Josea16

Reaction score
JimmyG":35qh200p said:
I don't understand these rumors. What was the basis to him demanding a trade? Why was he so upset about the team moving to LA?

I could see if it was something like, "I like San Diego. I don't want to uproot my family. If they refuse to commit to me long-term then I want to go somewhere they will." But this isn't. The entire franchise is moving to LA. If he stays with the Chargers or he goes to another team, he's uprooting and moving one way or the other.

What am I missing? What is the basis for his (alleged) anger? I'm so confused. I must be missing something.
Uhh....media bullshit? Rivers might go to the 49ers for 50M a year all guaranteed. Or maybe Jed...... Jedi Knight .....see the connection? Remember now, he doesn't have a coach or GM so this will work out perfectly, trust me because he's a Jedi Knight his name confirms it. Pay Pryor 15M also because he needs a target right? Given the fact the 49er's don't actually have any NFL level receivers at any position. But remember Jed is a Jedi Knight so it will all work out.

Rivers will go to LA and be just fine. The question is will LA give a damn and San Diego be truly angry? Alice?

Largent80

Reaction score
I have lived in the San Diego area, and in Culver City. Although Culver City is one of the nicer areas of W. L.A. I can understand him not wanting to leave S.D.

LA is an armpit, yeah there is a lot to do, blah, blah, blah....but people are crawling all over the place there and it was nice to leave.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As I recall, Rivers is a hardcore conservative guy, and San Diego is a military town.

L.A. to him, as I recall, is the epicenter of sin and everything that's "wrong with America" in his world view.

I'm not going to be able to find this, but it's what I remember reading at some point. Don't know if it's actually true or not, but I do know it has at least been floated around. :lol: