Pick #134, Mark Glowinski, G, W. Virginia

SeatownJay

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2h07kh4j said:
Glad we've drafted two OL. If we came away with less than 2 it would be a disappointment.
Since they're moving Sokoli to center, we drafted 3 offensive linemen.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
northseahawk":1a778pa9 said:
Seems like a great zone run blocker, but can he pass protect? looks like the current Sweezy.

The few times I saw pass pro he had his guy stood up and hands occupied the whole time and didn't move off the spot he anchored on. I was real inpressed.
His down field blocking was good. Good open space blocker. Hits his guy and sticks. Or cut blocks then gets back up a chases the action.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Before the draft I was going through o-linemen on nfl.com and I found this sentence on Glowinski: "Coaches rave about his competitiveness and toughness". I knew immediately that this guy is gonna be a Seahawk, and I predicted it here on .net. But I expected them to reach for him earlier. Well played JSPC.

I have a feeling Glow will be a big piece of the teams future. Definitely my adopt-a-rookie!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2w5h4qp9 said:
So long Sweezy.

Huh? Really?

These won't replace him, I don't think. They'll be back-ups or start at C or LG.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Based on what I heard Pete say in the post-draft presser, out of the gate Glow will compete with Sweeze at RG, Soko will compete with Frenchie and Lewis at center, and Poole will compete with Bailey at LG.

And Pete reserves the right to move them around after that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
As far as highlight videos of interior lineman go, his is one of the best I've seen. He's so eager, quick, and always puts a body one someone (in the highlights, at least).

Poole looks really lazy on film. This guy looks like a young Mike Wahle.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":lcrrodc1 said:
Does this mean we aren't going to be able to keep Robbie Tobeck?

Man, all you guys are ruthless! Poor Jake... :34853_doh: I think I've bunged up about that bad before, but I always go erase the evidence! :lol: (hopefully before being quoted into the inerasable hall of shame!)

Greenhell

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":43v7de97 said:
seahawks187":43v7de97 said:
dude looks nasty .. ready to hit everyone

Exactly. Looks great on seal blocks, gets down-field on plays and blocks well at the second level, moves quick on pulls. Looks to be a great fit.

I concur. His legs never stop driving. Looks like he plays angry. Loving this pick.

Greenhell

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2m82sgfp said:
seahawks187":2m82sgfp said:
dude looks nasty .. ready to hit everyone

Exactly. Looks great on seal blocks, gets down-field on plays and blocks well at the second level, moves quick on pulls. Looks to be a great fit.

I concur. His legs never stop driving. Looks like he plays angry. Loving this pick.

Seafan

Reaction score
I expect Glowinski will be starting before too long. They may have to move him to center so the Hawks can put their 5 best linemen on the field. He's solid in both run and protection.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm underwhelmed with Poole, but I've been wrong before, so there's hope.