Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Those Dawgs that people were wanting are going to be players in the leauge, but they also carried a high price when the FO really had their eye on getting their guy while also securing more picks, which we needed.

Don't get too worked up over college football anyway. It's a lesser version of football and it smells like angst and debt.

bandiger

Reaction score
Josea16":8b8c93fa said:
Seymour":8b8c93fa said:
Josea16":8b8c93fa said:
`
Northwest Seahawk":8b8c93fa said:
Well he was the best Center in the draft can play Guard and might be a solid RT someday i'm not at all convinced Lamp is a better player than Pocic either . He's 6'6 310 pounds and had a second round grade what the hell are you guys complaining about. Say what you want but they got a good prospect here.
.Net has gone downhill and is home to several trolls. It's sad that this site has lost their way and can't accept the reason we drafted the guy as soon we could. He's nearly 3 different OL types in a singe pick. I would be shocked if he doesn't seriously contribute on the OL immediately.

Well aren't you the wealth of knowledge in your 4 months here. :roll:

Anyone who condemns an entire site of thousands for the opinion of a few is not someone I'll be listening to the opinion of. :pukeface:
You sir are one the select group I am calling out and my time here is irrelevant. I am not a 38 but a 30 or 31 fits. You and Nash are flat trolling and it's beyond boring.

They flat nailed this draft and anyone with a brain knows we decided to shore up to OL via FA. We were lucky to get Pocic. A ZBS 5/1 OL with actual polish? Cable never had this before. I figure you're pissed because they didn't go for name OL in a weak OL class or didn't draft Huskies as the next generation LOB. Instead they went with an actual OL at the top of his class via grade that played ZBS and perfect scheme fits in the secondary like 2010-11.
f

JS/PC are covering their bases if Britt becomes too expensive to stay plus this dude looks like the best technical lineman they have drafted in awhile. You can't really say they haven't addressed the line although Cable better stop with the odd decisions of switching lineman positions ala Ifedi, Evans, and Gilliam.

Skansi82

Reaction score
For the record I don't love this pick, and I don't think Britt is a total stud. That being said, look how eerily similar their measurables and combine performances were, except Pocic grades quite a bit higher:

Britt Grade 5.18, pick #64 http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jus ... id=2543824

Pocic Grade 5.7, pick #58 http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/eth ... id=2557891

I doubt that Pocic will get on the field in 2017, but he should be at least average for multiple spots in 2018. Average isn't sexy, but does anyone doubt that he will perform at a higher level in 2018 than Fant, Glow, Sowell, and Gilliam did last year?

Jville

Reaction score
[youtube]ZXzy0fosJSc[/youtube]

Coleman Crawford continues to but these reviews together. :2thumbs:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
titan3131":iplvbs8p said:
Hawkscanner":iplvbs8p said:
Here are Bucky Brooks and Lance Zierlein breaking down Ethan Pocic's game. They think that he is a solid overall player ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combi...Brooks-and-Lance-Zierlein-analyze-Ethan-Pocic

BB ranks him with B+ rub blocking and pass blocking his biggest knock is "plays better then his athleticism shows"
5 for 1 linemen plays all positions - at his best getting to the 2nd level - PERFECT ZONE SCHEME BLOCKER comped to UNGER.

Guys this guy is a stud

I fLIPPING LOVE PC JS they never cease to amaze me

Didn't allow a hit or sack last year. Allowed two sacks and three hits between 2014 and 15, against elite defensive talent. So.......I don't see what there isn't to love about this. Go back and watch his film against Alabama last year, then come have a discussion.

Edit: Forgot to bring up the 233 yds per game rushing avg last year, too. My bad.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was on 950 or 710 this afternoon talking about how he did not even talk with Tom Cable. That is pretty interesting note. I think they are going to try him out at RT.

seacat1

Reaction score
I'm sure most on the board know this but I see a lot of posts referencing the fact that Cable didn't meet with Pocic as if that was somehow proof that the Seahawks didn't properly do their homework on this guy. Posic's head coach was Ed Orgeron and was being helped by Kevin Mawae. Yes that Ed Orgeron, the one that was Pete Carrol's defensive coordinator at USC. And of course all Seahawk fans know who Kevin is. My guess is Seattle had more info on this guy than any team in the league. I think he at least deserves a wait and see what he can do attitude instead of the sky is falling. He probably is pretty good.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seacat1":1nfu8r44 said:
I'm sure most on the board know this but I see a lot of posts referencing the fact that Cable didn't meet with Pocic as if that was somehow proof that the Seahawks didn't properly do their homework on this guy. Posic's head coach was Ed Orgeron and was being helped by Kevin Mawae. Yes that Ed Orgeron, the one that was Pete Carrol's defensive coordinator at USC. And of course all Seahawk fans know who Kevin is. My guess is Seattle had more info on this guy than any team in the league. I think he at least deserves a wait and see what he can do attitude instead of the sky is falling. He probably is pretty good.

I suppose if your scout is one of your old coaches......and his mentor is one of your old team's personnel, you dont need a current coach to step in and talk to the dude. Great on PC and JS to keep it so under the table.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/C4eliteJ/status/859455446368825346[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qnkjgw3 said:
nanomoz":3qnkjgw3 said:
Rob Staton on Ethan Pocic. It's awesome, check it out:

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/breaking-d ... than-pocic

Uh-oh. We're in the honeymoon phase now for sure. :p

Fersher! No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Here's to hoping Britt is awesome again, is resigned for a good deal, and this dude looks great as a left guard (moving Glowinski to his natural RG position).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Josea16":1sx761b2 said:
titan3131":1sx761b2 said:
This entire draft meltdown is pushing me away from ever getting invested in a CFB team / season. You purple homers are insufferable after only 2 years of success.
Just wait you haven't seen a thing. If it gets back to the Don James level you then will know insufferable.

Almost as insufferable as Oregon fans the last decade or so.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawks46":2i7pu35i said:
Josea16":2i7pu35i said:
titan3131":2i7pu35i said:
This entire draft meltdown is pushing me away from ever getting invested in a CFB team / season. You purple homers are insufferable after only 2 years of success.
Just wait you haven't seen a thing. If it gets back to the Don James level you then will know insufferable.

Obviously not a husky fan at all, but what's wrong with them being frustrated by the Hawks not taking very talented players that fit our profile and fill positions of need? All of the DBs would have been logical selections.

They are passionate about their school, and want to see their favorite players stay on their favorite team. Not terribly different than when Hawks going elsewhere in FA. Hawks fans go and say some really silly stuff when that happens, too. Why watch sports at all without any kind of investment?

I hated seeing the Cardinals draft Bucannon. Loved when the Hawks drafted Trufant. I feel the pain re: Baker etc.

It's all good, just quickly scan the post and move on if you don't agree. So much whining about whining. Increases the pollution.

randomation

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3wxrrold said:
randomation":3wxrrold said:
hawknation2017":3wxrrold said:
[youtube]AqBo7ZL_Xs0[/youtube]

jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

The video is 11 minutes and 16 seconds long and you found four seconds worth of bad plays to base your opinion on?

That is the benchmark for an armchair GM.

Those were the big ones that stood out to me do you want me to notate down every mistake I saw? He is very grabby and I thought he got away with quite a few holds I watch him get pushed back quite a bit. If I was going to actually break him down I would watch full game tapes not a selected clip.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
randomation":3nkx15dm said:
TransGenderHawkFan":3nkx15dm said:
randomation":3nkx15dm said:
hawknation2017":3nkx15dm said:
[youtube]AqBo7ZL_Xs0[/youtube]

jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

The video is 11 minutes and 16 seconds long and you found four seconds worth of bad plays to base your opinion on?

That is the benchmark for an armchair GM.

Those were the big ones that stood out to me do you want me to notate down every mistake I saw? He is very grabby and I thought he got away with quite a few holds I watch him get pushed back quite a bit. If I was going to actually break him down I would watch full game tapes not a selected clip.

Yes, I would love for you to break the tape down and thank you for offering. Just send me a PM when you are done.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1r1qrx7v said:
Hawks46":1r1qrx7v said:
Josea16":1r1qrx7v said:
titan3131":1r1qrx7v said:

Obviously not a husky fan at all, but what's wrong with them being frustrated by the Hawks not taking very talented players that fit our profile and fill positions of need? All of the DBs would have been logical selections.

They are passionate about their school, and want to see their favorite players stay on their favorite team. Not terribly different than when Hawks going elsewhere in FA. Hawks fans go and say some really silly stuff when that happens, too. Why watch sports at all without any kind of investment?

I hated seeing the Cardinals draft Bucannon. Loved when the Hawks drafted Trufant. I feel the pain re: Baker etc.

It's all good, just quickly scan the post and move on if you don't agree. So much whining about whining. Increases the pollution.

I actually am a Husky fan, just not a die hard. Nothing wrong with it, but I find it's funny that we've been bad for so long, once the Dawgs got good people just got this attitude. Trust me, it's been earned after sucking for so long, but it reminds me of SF fans when Harbaugh got there....people quickly forgot how truly bad they were for so long and acted like they'd been good forever.

Ducks fans are even funnier. They'd been good for so long, they'd forgotten what it was like to be bad. You should've heard the wailing and crying in Portland the last couple of years.

On topic, Gil Brandt for nfl.com thinks Pocic will end up being our LT. I know he's going a bit senile, but he WAS a GM in the league. I found it interesting.