MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":12qx3894 said:
randomation":12qx3894 said:
TransGenderHawkFan":12qx3894 said:
randomation":12qx3894 said:
jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

The video is 11 minutes and 16 seconds long and you found four seconds worth of bad plays to base your opinion on?

That is the benchmark for an armchair GM.

Those were the big ones that stood out to me do you want me to notate down every mistake I saw? He is very grabby and I thought he got away with quite a few holds I watch him get pushed back quite a bit. If I was going to actually break him down I would watch full game tapes not a selected clip.

Yes, I would love for you to break the tape down and thank you for offering. Just send me a PM when you are done.

In fact, make it a separate post.

I'm really not kidding. Tape-based breakdowns are really valuable and elevate the dialogue. If you find a lot to doubt and put it in good context, you'll probably end up changing the minds worth changing.

Of course, the Youtube critics are swinging popular opinion the other direction, so you'll have to hurry...

[youtube]CTaC2UUWg8w[/youtube]

Atradees

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ipe7l5my said:
He was announced by the team as a T so apparently that is where he will get tried out 1st by the Hawks.

Must say I was still smarting over the loss of both King and Meilfonwu and so was quite underwhelmed with this pick. After looking at him more he has some really interesting qualities though I'm doubtful he will play that well as an OT.

Plus One.

What is passive aggressive liberal counter to the word Troll? I mean what else are we gonna talk about? The forum is the same as it has always been. Passionate.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just because he wasn't talked about as much as Lamp, Robinson etc. doesn't mean he won't be a great pick.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hmrp4y7 said:
Just because he wasn't talked about as much as Lamp, Robinson etc. doesn't mean he won't be a great pick.

Seriously. Some people around here really fell for flash and hype rather than scouting reports.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, one guy is 26 and another only started for a year. Hype for a player by media and "experts" doesn't equal a great player.

xgeoff

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":171ho48h said:
titan3131":171ho48h said:
Hawkscanner":171ho48h said:
Here are Bucky Brooks and Lance Zierlein breaking down Ethan Pocic's game. They think that he is a solid overall player ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combi...Brooks-and-Lance-Zierlein-analyze-Ethan-Pocic

BB ranks him with B+ rub blocking and pass blocking his biggest knock is "plays better then his athleticism shows"
5 for 1 linemen plays all positions - at his best getting to the 2nd level - PERFECT ZONE SCHEME BLOCKER comped to UNGER.

Guys this guy is a stud

I fLIPPING LOVE PC JS they never cease to amaze me

Amen to that !!!!

All the ignorant whining on this board is NOT coming from 30-40 year fans of this team. JS and PC are freaks. They're like the athlete that benches 50 x 225 then has an ignorant troll bash them for their lack of strength, lol..

I am a 30-40 year fan but that doesn't mean I just drink the kool-aid. Basically the FO is judged on past performance. They have had some amazing drafts, and for that they get, IMO, a lot of leeway. I think they also get a lot of leeway from the analysts as well because of finds like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

You make good choices on draft day and with Free Agents (e.g. Michael Bennett) and you win a Super Bowl and go to the playoffs every year, you damn well earned some trust.

However, there have been some big misses as well that have hurt us:

-- JMarcus Webb and Bradley Sowell, nuff said
-- Why did we let Jahri Evans go? He started the whole year for the Saints after we cut him and has now been picked up by the Packers. WTF?
-- Germain Ifedi. I'm not an NFL Scout but I looked at this kids tape before the draft and knew he was garbage. This was a big miss.
-- Justin Britt. By some miracle he plays C very well. Otherwise he was a 2nd round bust at G and T. There is a huge questionmark in terms of how we evaluate OL talent. I have very little faith in Tom Cable right now.
-- Jarran Reed. Look, this kid is good, but it appears that we got him right about where he should have been. He looks like a 2nd round talent right now. And, frankly, I keep seeing us draft Defensive Linemen and I don't see that as an area of need. We've done very well in this area by just picking up free agents like Tony McDaniel and Aytaba Rubin. So I think our draft capital could have been spent better elsewhere.
-- Luke Joeckel. We guaranteed this guy $7million and he has been a failure at Jacksonville. Let that sink in, Jacksonville :(
-- Offensive Line draft picks. No team has invested more in Offensive Line draft capital than the Seahawks. And yet, this is an area of weakness. Clearly this is a problem in terms of how we evaluate talent.

So, in summary, I'm going to sit back and see how things work out. I love Pete and John and I don't want anyone else in charge of our team, but I'm not a fan of Cable. We need help in terms of how we evaluate Offensive Line talent. And I'm not going to shy away from criticism of the front office just because I am a fan.

The team has my support, but I'll exercise my right to shake may head and say WTF with respect to some of their moves. Doesn't make me any less of a fan.

xgeoff

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16r6fdim said:
In fact, make it a separate post.

I'm really not kidding. Tape-based breakdowns are really valuable and elevate the dialogue. If you find a lot to doubt and put it in good context, you'll probably end up changing the minds worth changing.

Of course, the Youtube critics are swinging popular opinion the other direction, so you'll have to hurry...

This is terrific, and a very even-handed eval. I completely agree with the evaluator, that Pocic shows promise with his technique and versatility but seems to lose leverage at times when defenders get up under his pads. Unfortunately this seems to be something our current OLinemen suffer from as well :(

Frankly, I'm just going to hope this guy works out and try to approach the development of our OLine with hopeful optimism, despite the current struggles of that unit.

xgeoff

Reaction score
edogg23":kmk9g58t said:
So who the hell is going to be our other starting corner next year?

Nazair Jones, duh

xgeoff

Reaction score
nash72":3i26s3el said:
Seanhawk":3i26s3el said:
On what planet is Britt an All-Pro center? He wasn't even Pro Bowler. I bet you counter that he was a Pro Bowl alternate.

Sorry for my emphasis on Britt. I meant compared to the rest of our line. He's the only competent piece we have and we just drafted a guy that plays the same position.

To be fair, Britt only has one year left on his deal, and everyone has made a big deal about Pocic's versatility to play C,G and T. So on paper, I don't have a problem with this pick. We needed OL help. It's great to have someone who can play multiple spots.

The big question is just whether this kid is good or not. Like many Seahawks picks, he was somewhat under the radar. His tape is a mixture of good and bad. I think we just need to see how he works out.

However, to say the pick doesn't make sense because we have a good center is not, IMO, is not an issue.

bighawk

Reaction score
I was just watching some senior bowl practices and I came away really impressed with his ability to anchor and mirror his man. He also got into a little scram with a DT and he put him down. I hope he starts at RG with him and Ifedi manning the right side.