Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Smellyman":3m5e6hqc said:
Passing on so many knowns is the issue, Lamp, Ramczyk, Robinson all better choices.

All also not a center, the only set position on the line. ugh

We got McDowell instead, if he becomes the next Bennett for us, nobody will complain.

This FO typically does really well in the 2nd round.

Frank Clark, Golden Tate, Bobby Wagner, Jarran Reed.

Let's see where these two land.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":wfbrqsyj said:
Smellyman":wfbrqsyj said:
Passing on so many knowns is the issue, Lamp, Ramczyk, Robinson all better choices.

All of them would have been third-round picks any other year.

Did ANYONE realize going into this draft that it was an awful one for OL? Or did the memo get massively missed?

Better than grabbing a guy who would be a 5th rounder in any other year and expecting that to be better.

That's just crazy

xgeoff

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":7sz7wl5x said:
Looks like he'll fit right in with our line.

LOL, that is pretty much exactly what I was thinking...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Smellyman":3dq0echc said:
MontanaHawk05":3dq0echc said:
Smellyman":3dq0echc said:

Did ANYONE realize going into this draft that it was an awful one for OL? Or did the memo get massively missed?

Better than grabbing a guy who would be a 5th rounder in any other year and expecting that to be better.

That's just crazy

There isn't really a difference at that point.

This wasn't the year to have your OL itch scratched. It just wasn't. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner you'll be able to analyze this draft in proper context.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2gfmp8rn said:
Smellyman":2gfmp8rn said:
MontanaHawk05":2gfmp8rn said:
Smellyman":2gfmp8rn said:

That's just crazy

There isn't really a difference at that point.

This wasn't the year to have your OL itch scratched. It just wasn't. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner you'll be able to analyze this draft in proper context.

so it was a wasted pick? should've taken another position?

enlighten me master

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":2yve7wik said:

Would any 5th round O-Linemen be a wasted pick?

If not, then what's the problem here?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Basis4day":zxwq1zl9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobdolepintoBob/status/858141839404052480[/tweet]

What an idiot. He listens to a few over reactive seahawk fan aka borderline trolls and declares its the entire fan base that is raging over this pick

titan3131

Reaction score
nash72":1848dbi0 said:
emurri":1848dbi0 said:
And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

Are you intoxicated? Britt is not an ALLPRO not even a pro bowler center.

Newsflash we cant pay everyone - britt will not be resigned.

randomation

Reaction score
Britt needs to be resigned because right now he is the only oline worth a damn if you don't even resign britt you might as well start looking for a qb because Russ isn't going to stay where the front office obviously wants his kid to grow up without a daddy.

mrt144

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3u6rv9a6 said:
mrt144":3u6rv9a6 said:
nash72":3u6rv9a6 said:
emurri":3u6rv9a6 said:
And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

All I can see is replacement for Britt when Britt's contract is up because PCJS know they aren't going to pay whatever that contract is.
Which would truly be foolish. At some point, they're going to have to invest a little on the line. But that's still a year away. No telling what Britt will be seeking for compensation. Maybe they see Pocic as a guard? Maybe Britt slides back to guard? I really do believe his success last year had more to do with him finally becoming the lineman that everyone was hoping for, and Less to do with him moving to center.

I believe the opposite. I think the rigors of center fit him better and downplay issues he's had. The more I look into Unger's trajectory the more I feel that the move can really help diminish blocking issues stemming from technique and size and put the focus on whatever smarts the player has.

Smellyman

Reaction score
titan3131":39a7h5jr said:
nash72":39a7h5jr said:
emurri":39a7h5jr said:

Are you intoxicated? Britt is not an ALLPRO not even a pro bowler center.

Newsflash we cant pay everyone - britt will not be resigned.

But he was a pro bowl alternate his first year playing the position.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":u7w1uyaz said:
Smellyman":u7w1uyaz said:

I was told that Lamp, Robinson and Ramcyk would be 3rd rounders any other year so they are not worth drafting because this OL class sucks. So if they weren't good enough than why really reach on Pocic, who really would suck in any other year, when they could've gone after other deeper positions?

Still this really isn't about Pocic. Would you rather have Lamp, Robinson, Ramczyk or McDowell?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ob6bhuc said:
Ad Hawk":1ob6bhuc said:
Smellyman":1ob6bhuc said:

I was told that Lamp, Robinson and Ramcyk would be 3rd rounders any other year so they are not worth drafting because this OL class sucks. So if they weren't good enough than why really reach on Pocic, who really would suck in any other year, when they could've gone after other deeper positions?

Still this really isn't about Pocic. Would you rather have Lamp, Robinson, Ramczyk or McDowell?

McDowell

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hbwayc8 said:
Smellyman":3hbwayc8 said:

No, can it be resent?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
In all seriousness, this guy reminds me a little bit of a shorter Breno that can play inside. I think he has a better base than Breno, but many of the same traits are there. Once he locks onto a defender, they're basically done. The real quality that's there, however, is the mean and nasty and the fact that he just keeps on blocking....keeps on blocking....and keeps on blocking. The kid's a jerk.

Which is good.

When you're talking about 6'5 plus people who aren't all that coordinated, which is pretty much all OL, it's often certain traits that make them good. I can't tell you how many "franchise" tackles or OL in general that I've seen drafted based on their dancin' blue suede shoes, foot loose dumb ass feet that never amount to anything because they want their moma when things get hard.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hard to get excited about any OL pick, given our track record. But, you gotta play to win. Come on OL lottery!

two dog

Reaction score
This is what you get for going to the playoffs 5 years in a row, including 2 Super Bowls.
You get fans who know a lot more than you do.