Pickett traded

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm shocked that they're trading Pickett, and to the Eagles of all teams. Everything I had heard indicated that they were still committed to Pickett.

bileever

Reaction score
That just goes to show you how little words matter. The Steelers were committed to Pickett until they weren't. But he wasn't very good last year, and it was probably their honest evaluation that he wasn't going to get any better. Or maybe Pickett made his unhappiness known, and they decided to get rid of a potential headache.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Here's some follow-up on why the Steelers suddenly decided to dump Pickett:

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette added that the Steelers decided to trade Pickett because he "was poorly handling" the arrival of Wilson.

"That came on the heels of Pickett's behavior last season when he refused to dress as the emergency third quarterback in Seattle in Week 17," Dulac added.

As far as I know, Rudolph remains unsigned, so the Steelers could bring him back. Their first pick isn't until #20 overall, so it's unlikely that they'll be drafting a quarterback. So at least for now, Russell has the keys to the car.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette added that the Steelers decided to trade Pickett because he "was poorly handling" the arrival of Wilson.

"That came on the heels of Pickett's behavior last season when he refused to dress as the emergency third quarterback in Seattle in Week 17," Dulac added.

As far as I know, Rudolph remains unsigned, so the Steelers could bring him back. Their first pick isn't until #20 overall, so it's unlikely that they'll be drafting a quarterback. So at least for now, Russell has the keys to the car.

Rudolph got picked up by the Titans.

toffee

Reaction score

So he was dumped because of Wilson.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Tomlin needs to assert right now that the Russ social media policy is the same as Payton’s. Russ actually did better under it than in 2022 with All of Russ’ hype videos.

Rat

Reaction score
In 24 career starts, Pickett threw more than one touchdown in one them, throwing two in a week 3 game last year against the McDaniels Raiders. He threw one touchdown in 11 of them, and zero in in the other 12. Somehow he still has a 14-10 record.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wow

This is as good of a situation that Russell could have hoped for post Broncos/Payton. The Steelers are desperate for a quarterback to get them over the hump. They are a playoff team with legitimate SB aspirations. The only problem is that they play in a very competitive division.