Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Oh, that was wonderful. It's the first shitsburgh game I have watched since SBXL*.

I perused some of the rustbucket forums. Most of them were whining about the officiating, and wondering if the NFL doesn't want them to win games. The irony and tears were delicious.

pmedic920

Reaction score
BlueTalon":174jru1j said:
Oh, that was wonderful. It's the first shitsburgh game I have watched since SBXL*.

I perused some of the rustbucket forums. Most of them were whining about the officiating, and wondering if the NFL doesn't want them to win games. The irony and tears were delicious.

Yea, like I said earlier, nice to see them get the crappy end of the stick for a change.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3tz1k974 said:

After they received the "gift" that was XL*, no stealer fan should EVER bitch about officiating period!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawker84":3rzkml89 said:
Pittsburgh looks like complete and utter crap. Palamalou should retire, and Big Ben needs some weapons.. Oh how the mighty have fallen in recent years.

It is quite possible a past plea agreement forbids Ben from possessing weapons.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ieww22p said:
Harbaugh is really making some goofy decisions.

Called timeout instead of just throwing the challenge flag?

I think his thought process was that because he had such a big lead, he was more concerned with potentially saving (up to two challenges) by avoiding a faulty challenge call, even if it meant burning an extra timeout. The extra time he had during the timeout gave the guys upstairs enough time to tell him challenging was a bad idea, so it actually worked out slightly in his favor that he called the timeout vs. throwing a red flag.

The extra time also gave Harbaugh the confidence that if they told him it was smart to challenge, he would probably win it, so I don't think he was afraid of a two timeout lost scenario. And if he did lose both, it was a good situation to experience that kind of backfire.

I think he was motivated to challenge by the Ravens horrific short yardage running game.

DavidSeven":1ieww22p said:
Two QB sneaks while you're up 3 scores?

I get what you are saying, but I can't recall a coach ever being afraid to call a QB sneak out of fear of injury. Like the challenge, I think this decision was motivated by a very weak short yardage run game. And because he probably wanted to embarrass the Steelers as much as possible- there were something like 5 straight games between these teams that were decided by 3 points or less.

That doesn't diminish your point, but hey, the coach who acts purely out of logic is almost unheard of in the NFL.