Players I’d be excited for the Hawks to draft

seabowl

Reaction score
I’d be happy if they picked up any of these players in the draft:

Carter
Anderson
Mayer (my can’t miss player this year although Hawks don’t need a TE)
Robinson
Skoronski
Forbes
Foskey
Jartavius Martin

HawksNation

Reaction score

Carter
Anderson
Mayer (my can’t miss player this year although Hawks don’t need a TE)
Robinson
Skoronski
Forbes
Foskey
Jartavius Martin
Kincaid seems like a stud too

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Nice list. Which and how many of those do you think we might actually get?
A chance at 5 of them but again it would be a miracle if they were thinking the same players as me

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I really think we need a NT from the draft. Pete has said, "If you can play NT in college, you can play it in the NFL" so I really think drafting one is plan A and maybe plan B.

Mazi Smith and Keeanu Benton are my favorites.

Everything will just be gravy to me at this point. We have a full 22 (minus NT) and can go BPA everywhere else for depth/competition.

AgentDib

Reaction score

Forbes
Emmanuel Forbes is an interesting prospect and it's appropriate that he is in this draft class full of small size outliers. He has plenty of height (6' 1") and length (32 1/4" arms), great athleticism (9.32 RAS), very tough attitude and is the best ballhawk in the draft. Some of that is guessing, but he guessed well in college.

He's also a historically skinny outlier at just 166 lbs. That's the 0th percentile for weight amongst corners, and he is the 2nd lightest corner to be weighed in the last 25 years. The comps for people around his weight aren't good, and even up to about 175lbs you find very few players who worked out.

Antoine Winfield Sr was 176lbs at the combine and had a great career, but he bulked up in the NFL and his playing weight was in the 180lbs.

I don't think you can take Forbes in the first 50 picks or so. That's just too much risk gambling on a fence post physical profile that has never worked before. However, if he does fall far enough then he becomes a very intriguing day 2 pick and perhaps a steal in round 3 where you can take that kind of gamble that your staff can do what an SEC weight room and program didn't.

CactusJack

Reaction score
At 5:
Richardson
Anderson
Carter

A bit later on:
JSN
Bijan
Van Ness
Kancey
Witherspoon
Mayer
Trenton Simpson
I don't get the hype around Van Ness if I'm being honest. He doesn't have a ton in his bag & relies way too much on the bull rush. I have the same issue with Myles Murphy. Very limited in what he can do.

I would much prefer someone like Will McDonald. Even a guy like Ojulari is way further along.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Will Anderson
Anthony Richardson
CJ Stroud
Julius Brents
Cory Trice
JL Skinner
Mazi Smith
Darnell Washington
JSN
Zay Flowers
Roschon Johnson
Keaton Mitchell
Devon Achane
Jalen Carter if he falls to 20
Calijah Kancey for the "what if" factor

Chevy

Reaction score
For me..

At #5
QB Anthony Richardson (even though high bust factor)
OLB Will McDonald

At #20
WR Josh Downs
DT Mazi Smith (even though I now think its highly unlikely)
RB Bijan Robinson (even though I think its a wast of resources with K9 on our team)

2nd round picks
CB Julies Brents
TE Tucker Kraft
MLB Jack Campbell
OG/OC Cody Mauch

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I don't get the hype around Van Ness if I'm being honest. He doesn't have a ton in his bag & relies way too much on the bull rush. I have the same issue with a guy like Myles Murphy. Very limited in what he can do.

I would much prefer someone like Will McDonald or even Nolan Smith. A guy like Ojulari is way further along.

I think Bijan somehow still being available at 20, would be a dream. Along with Will Anderson falling to us.

Flowers, Washington, Mazi, Schmitz & Gibbs are some of my favs. If Hooker was still around in Round 2, then I'd consider pulling the trigger.
Commenting about Van Ness

he is a good blank canvas 6’4” 270 lbs has has the nickname of Hercules form his teammates. bullrush is the quickest path to the QB Van Ness put up good #s at the combine , has a great motor with a good win rate the one knock on him that people bring up is he didn’t start that as due to the coaches philosophy of rewarding the upper classmen ( Van Ness is a redshirt SO)he was playing behind he still played as much as any DL on the team

i rate him favorably to Tyree Wilson both are DE size with a good bull rush and high motor. I do expect Van Ness to be a top 10 pick

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I really think we need a NT from the draft. Pete has said, "If you can play NT in college, you can play it in the NFL" so I really think drafting one is plan A and maybe plan B.

Mazi Smith and Keeanu Benton are my favorites.

Everything will just be gravy to me at this point. We have a full 22 (minus NT) and can go BPA everywhere else for depth/competition.
My theory on NTs is it doesn’t have to be a great athlete just somebody to occupy blocks and keep the LBs clean. Mazi Smith will probably be selected too soon for me and perhaps Benton too. Brodric Martin of Western Kentucky is an option in the middle rds. I am not concerned about any pass rush abilities the NT will be coming out on pass rush situations

WarHawks

Reaction score
In no particular order:

Anderson
Richardson
Stroud
Hooker
Cancey
Washington
Wilson

CactusJack

Reaction score
Commenting about Van Ness

he is a good blank canvas 6’4” 270 lbs has has the nickname of Hercules form his teammates. bullrush is the quickest path to the QB Van Ness put up good #s at the combine , has a great motor with a good win rate the one knock on him that people bring up is he didn’t start that as due to the coaches philosophy of rewarding the upper classmen ( Van Ness is a redshirt SO)he was playing behind he still played as much as any DL on the team

i rate him favorably to Tyree Wilson both are DE size with a good bull rush and high motor. I do expect Van Ness to be a top 10 pick
Van Ness should be a decent player. But not someone I'm willing to spend a top 10 pick on. He should go later in my eyes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's my list...
QB Anthony Richardson
Edge Will Anderson
DE Keion White
WR JSN
DT Mazi Smith
EDGE Will McDonald
TE Tucker Kraft
TE Darnell Washington
DE Ade Ade
C Luke Wypler
EDGE Isiah Foskey
WR Jonathon Mingo
RB Chase Brown
RB Roschon Johnson

cheese22

Reaction score
Scruggs
McFadden
Musgrave
Washington
Flowers
Mingo
Downs
Charbonnet
Gibbs
Mazi Smith
Ade Ade
McDonald
Diaby
Aubrey Miller
Sydney Brown

CactusJack

Reaction score
My guys list

Anderson/Carter/Wilson
Smith-Njigba/Flowers
Bijan/Gibbs/RB prospect
Washington/Kincaid
McDonald
Kancey
Hooker/DTR
Schmitz/Center prospect

Them actually taking a Center, would get me excited.

Chawker

Reaction score
You guys have some nice lists, but theres one name left off all of your list. A DL that would be a great fit for the Seahawks at 5. He would be a Seahawkish pick for sure.

Can you name this DT ? I think we could trade down six spots and still get him.