Players who are gone

morgulon1

Reaction score
And had tons of drops
They need to have a year to reset their cap. They ****** up . Cut some people , restructure some people. Get rid of the underachievers. Fire the entire defensive coaching staff.

irfuben32

Reaction score
losing Lucas would be devastating.

I am into trading DK. I like the kid, I desperately wanted to draft him. I just think he is underutilized and I don't see it changing.

seabowl

Reaction score
Adams
Dallas
Lockett
Wagner
Brooks
Diggs
All the one year fill ins...
Lucas a possibility due to injury

Who else?
Are you kidding me, Lucas? he’s our best offensive lineman by a mile. He does not have career ending injuries at this point.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Are you kidding me, Lucas? he’s our best offensive lineman by a mile. He does not have career ending injuries at this point.

There are some rumours going around about Lucas, hopefully they aren't true

LastRideOut

Reaction score
There are some rumours going around about Lucas, hopefully they aren't true

It isn't a rumor. Pete said his knee condition is chronic. Just a matter of time before he gets injured on a regular basis. Might already be happening.

GemCity

Reaction score
Keep DK…we need more like him.

Agree about underutilized….
Or you coach him up to being the great player he was last year. Just a thought.
With the current staff?

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Degenerative knee condition...I dont want him gone but if they can't do anything to fix it his career could be done.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tyler Lookett shall return for 2024.

John and Tyler will agree to add a year of two to create cap space if necessary.

Largent played to 35 years of age.
Tyler is nothing like Largent ..
Steve laid out and took punishing hits and a lot was how it was
in that era.
Players today make much more money and don't need to work as
long.
Another thing is everyone ages differently.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Let’s take a look at what the Seahawks received from the Broncos in exchange for Wilson.
The Seahawks received:
  • QB Drew Lock (Backup but Probably Gone)
  • TE Noah Fant (Starter but Probably Gone)
  • DL Shelby Harris (Gone)
  • OT Charles Cross (Starter)
  • OLB Boye Mafe (Starter)
  • OLB Tyreke Smith (Gone)
  • CB Devon Witherspoon (Starter)
  • EDGE Derick Hall (Still Here)
The Broncos received:
  • QB Russell Wilson (Probably Gone)
  • DL Eyioma Uwazurike (Suspended Indefinity for Gambling)

Mick063

Reaction score
Football is passing, blocking, and tackling. All three areas must be good to excellent to be a contending team. The team is fair to competent at passing, fair to competent at blocking, and one of the worst tackling teams in recent memory. (This explains the 9-8 record, just shy of contending because they are barely competent at 2 out of 3). ESPECIALLY the defensive backfield. ALL of them. Every last one of them suck at tackling. Poor technique. Really, really bad tackling technique. It doesn't come natural. It doesn't come automatic. It doesn't come rehearsed. It looks amateur. They don't know how. That is a coaching problem.

Bring in defensive backs than can make open field tackles. Bring in defensive staff that emphasize tackling, practice tackling, and teach tackling. Not a single one of them should feel safe.

As a former coach and player (linebacker) let me clue in the players that fear contact. Good tackling technique REDUCES your chance for injury. It is poor tackling posture that brings your arm and shoulder injuries or gets your landings awkward and unnatural.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
From a culture perspective, this is a pivotal off-season for the organization. Far too many players, particularly on defense, are embarrassing the organization. Forget about talent, upside, or productivity. I'm talking about effort and how they carry themselves on and off the field.

I don't care who they have to trade or cut. They must get more adults in the building, or things will not improve. Adams, Woolen, etc., get these children out of the building.

sutz

Reaction score
Bring in defensive staff that emphasize tackling, practice tackling, and teach tackling. Not a single one of them should feel safe.
One problem...they are not allowed to practice tackling except on a very limited basis. It's in the CBA. 🤷‍♂️

Other than that, yeah, vast improvement needed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I can see Tyler retiring…

He’s a good dude…and I hope he retires fully healthy….he also has his real estate business…Tyler is set for life after football already….