Playoff Chances

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Win against the Eagles and then let the rest take care of itself. Hope Minny beats Atlanta and then someone has to lose between Saints and Panthers.

massari

Reaction score
If they lose against the Eagles, time to tank.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1eqcq44w said:
But I know, every fan base everywhere brings up the Giants when talking about "just need to get into the playoffs and anything can happen!"

OK, how about this? Since 1975 10 wild card teams have made it to the Super Bowl. 6 of them won it.

Of course it's preferable to have a first round bye and HFA throughout, but not having those things doesn't make it impossible despite Seahawks fans insistence that it does.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Previous games have zero to do with the next game. You just have to be the better team on that day. It's not that hard to figure out. The better team gets knocked out in playoff games too, not just regular season. "But the lost in the past.... so...........they will lose this game." :?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Talk of it being time for Pete to go has been increasing.

Failure to make the playoffs will add to that push to see him go.

I don't have a problem w/that. He helped bring us a SB, but that time has passed. His system is stale, the players aren't responding, we are older, tired, more injury-prone, etc. Basically all the elements of a team in serious decline as I warned of last season.

Still, there have been glimpses of future potential this season, namely with Wilson. He needs to take the reigns during this offseason and finally be comfortable with making demands from the organization personnel-wise.

This isn't Pete's team.

This is Wilson's team.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1zumqizd said:
They'll still be good after Pete goes. Hoping he stays around, but they are going to be just fine.

They could actually be a lot better. Pete has no gas left in the tank. He's been coaching on fumes for a couple seasons now.

This is the first season he's looked genuinely tired on the sidelines, though. The oldest coach in the NFL finally done got old...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, let's see how it plays out. I love the guy, but sometimes change is a good thing. He'll hopefully know when it's time.

Chapow

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2pxptrlo said:

I don't have a problem w/that. He helped bring us a SB, but that time has passed. His system is stale, the players aren't responding, we are older, tired, more injury-prone, etc. Basically all the elements of a team in serious decline as I warned of last season.

Still, there have been glimpses of future potential this season, namely with Wilson. He needs to take the reigns during this offseason and finally be comfortable with making demands from the organization personnel-wise.

This isn't Pete's team.

This is Wilson's team.

LOL at a player "taking the reigns" of an NFL franchise and making coaching and front office demands.

And I doubt Wilson feels the same way you do about this team and coaching staff. You never know, but I doubt it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Chapow":jr7w1gb2 said:
semiahmoo":jr7w1gb2 said:

This isn't Pete's team.

This is Wilson's team.

LOL at a player "taking the reigns" of an NFL franchise and making coaching and front office demands.

And I doubt Wilson feels the same way you do about this team and coaching staff. You never know, but I doubt it.

I don't and that's all that matters.

99.976% accuracy.

Postin' Gold HoF.

Carry on...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
My belief is that Pete coaches through the duration of his contract, which I believe has 2 years remaining after this season.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You can't tank if you trade away your first round pick and won 7 games already.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
We really need to focus on elevating our draft position to get a higher first round pick, this way John can get more second and 6th or 7th round picks by trading back.

Unless he decides to trade those seconds for 3rd and multiple 5th round picks.

We can dominate the middle of the draft that way. :)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":cn3em7a7 said:
We really need to focus on elevating our draft position to get a higher first round pick, this way John can get more second and 6th or 7th round picks by trading back.

Unless he decides to trade those seconds for 3rd and multiple 5th round picks.

We can dominate the middle of the draft that way. :)

I hear ya. Really, Schneider's ultimate draft model would be to trade all 1st through 5th round picks to acquire 20 6th and 7th rounders and 8 future 7th rounders. This way we could easily stock our roster for years with premier JAGs.

But you never know, maybe for our 1st pick next year, whatever mid round that ends up, our scouting department has their eyes on a wonderlic lacking, attitude and effort questionable player, who's into safe hobbies like wing walking, roof jumping, fire eating and sword swallowing.

Back to the thread topic... I still think we have a very sound shot at winning the division-just keep pace, 1 game back of the Rams and the chance is there.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3mv1yzxy said:
SoulfishHawk":3mv1yzxy said:
They'll still be good after Pete goes. Hoping he stays around, but they are going to be just fine.

They could actually be a lot better. Pete has no gas left in the tank. He's been coaching on fumes for a couple seasons now.

This is the first season he's looked genuinely tired on the sidelines, though. The oldest coach in the NFL finally done got old...

Or they could be a lot worse. People said this in SF too after they were convinced Harbaugh had lost the team. They've stunk for the last 3 years without him.

Saying Pete looks "tired" on the sideline is observer bias to fit a narrative. Just like saying fans aren't loud anymore at CLink as an excuse for home losses. It's largely BS.

Latest posts