Playoff Seeding opinions

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ambrose83":t9tiguv2 said:
JSeahawks":t9tiguv2 said:
I'm not sure Washington is better then Louisville or Florida State. I think it would be a great game.

You also thought wsu and Colorado would beat them...

Uhhhh, no. I had Washington destroying both of those teams. I've been pretty consistent all season saying the only pac 12 team that UW would have trouble iwth is USC.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Absolutely no way Washington doesn't get in now. ESPN is just saying stuff to generate controversy and ratings. They can go to hell. Washington's resume is now every bit as good as Ohio State's, and better than Clemson's.

That game last night showed exactly why Washington is so dangerous....Browning having an off-game? No worries, we'll just pound the football, control the clock, play great defense, and just slowly squeeze the life out of you. The playoffs are gonna be fun to watch.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2okgpody said:
Absolutely no way Washington doesn't get in now. ESPN is just saying stuff to generate controversy and ratings. They can go to hell. Washington's resume is now every bit as good as Ohio State's, and better than Clemson's.

That game last night showed exactly why Washington is so dangerous....Browning having an off-game? No worries, we'll just pound the football, control the clock, play great defense, and just slowly squeeze the life out of you. The playoffs are gonna be fun to watch.

Yep. I've been rooting for you guys to make the playoffs. Now I cant wait to see you guys get smoked. :D

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":34kgdsqk said:

A plan of running the football isn't going to work against Alabama.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":8wg5s8vj said:
fenderbender123":8wg5s8vj said:

Yep. I've been rooting for you guys to make the playoffs. Now I cant wait to see you guys get smoked. :D
JS the only team I think COULD smoke us is Alabama..The rest I know we can hang with..The thing that bothers me about this playoff thing is a team (Ohio State) gets in playing one less game because they couldn't get into their Confrence Championship so they get rewarded with more time to game plan and heal?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ax61lxk said:
JSeahawks":2ax61lxk said:
fenderbender123":2ax61lxk said:

JS the only team I think COULD smoke us is Alabama..The rest I know we can hang with..The thing that bothers me about this playoff thing is a team (Ohio State) gets in playing one less game because they couldn't get into their Confrence Championship so they get rewarded with more time to game plan and heal?

I think your big concern should be Browning. He's been pretty bad against the 2 good defenses hes played this year. You're not going to be able to run the ball on Ohio State or Alabama. So Browning would have to beat them through the air. I dont think he can do it. Clemson I think would be the best matchup for UW.

I think Alabama beats UW 10 out of 10 times. (Sure UW could win one, cuz any given sunday, but it would take some pretty fluky stuff or injuries, imo.)

I think Ohio State beats UW maybe 7 out of 10 times.

Clemson and UW probalby split pretty even.

Honestly, I think the pac 12 has let WAshington down this year. They're not very battle tested.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkGA":3k4uzxlk said:
fenderbender123":3k4uzxlk said:

Probably not. But my point was that Washington can win in different ways based on their opponent. If their opponent has good pass rushers and secondary (like Colorado), and can take away the pass, then Washington can lean on their run game, and vice versa. We've seen them shred defenses with both the run and pass game.

If Alabama is as stacked at every position as they say, I guess we're probably doomed...but if there's any weakness in their defense to be found, Washington has the tools to exploit it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2ajjso36 said:
HawkGA":2ajjso36 said:
fenderbender123":2ajjso36 said:

Probably not. But my point was that Washington can win in different ways based on their opponent. If their opponent has good pass rushers and secondary (like Colorado), and can take away the pass, then Washington can lean on their run game, and vice versa. We've seen them shred defenses with both the run and pass game.

If Alabama is as stacked at every position as they say, I guess we're probably doomed...but if there's any weakness in their defense to be found, Washington has the tools to exploit it.
Damn right they do..Thats why I give them a chance and I don't think Alabama will take our team seriously

HawkGA

Reaction score
Finally took a look at Penn State's OCC. It's not better than UWs (well, maybe slightly but not appreciably). I would be shocked and dismayed if they beat out the Huskies.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2soowz21 said:
Rat":2soowz21 said:
They got 4 and 5 wrong, but OSU is in, so I'm good.

After USC stomps Penn State into a puddle of piss in the Rose Bowl, you'll see it wasn't wrong.

Penn State just hung 38 pts on the #7 ranked defense in the country. They hung 24 pts on the #4 ranked defense in the country. They hung 27 pts on the # 3 ranked defense in the country. USC is the #30 ranked defense in the country. We shall see who shit stomps who.