Please stop resigning Vets

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2s6ayq0q said:
Scorpion05":2s6ayq0q said:
I don't agree. I don't want a team with only young players. Even our Super Bowl team had veterans to go with our young squad

I disagree. Learn from the Pats. The only person an organization should be loyal to, is a Franchise QB. Everyone is expendable. That model got them 5 SBs. Loyalty gets you mediocrity and 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Pats are an anomaly. Can you make any other comparison?

The Pats have elite coaching that can overcome average to subpar talent. Players also play above their heads to remain on the team

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Scorpion05":8m14t8k8 said:
ludakrishna":8m14t8k8 said:
Scorpion05":8m14t8k8 said:
I don't agree. I don't want a team with only young players. Even our Super Bowl team had veterans to go with our young squad

I disagree. Learn from the Pats. The only person an organization should be loyal to, is a Franchise QB. Everyone is expendable. That model got them 5 SBs. Loyalty gets you mediocrity and 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Pats are an anomaly. Can you make any other comparison?

The Pats have elite coaching that can overcome average to subpar talent. Players also play above their heads to remain on the team
How about the Steelers?

They seem to be contenders each year.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If you don't resign the vets, who do you replace them with? Cassius March? Eddie Lacy? Name me a draft pick or a FA we could have replaced Bennet with. Come on people ....
Someone needs to play the position and we need to pay someone a salary ...
The problem is that we have been drafting scrubs, who haven't pushed the Vets for playing time.
Look at our draft picks since 2014 ... it is embarrassing.
Look at how many O-Lineman we have drafted since 2013 ... More than any other team, I believe ... and those guys are just extremely bad. When you don't have depth, it comes back to hurt you.
We don't have a problem of Vets, we have a problem of Lack of depth, because of pathetic drafting.

Exittium

Reaction score
Packers, Pats, Pissburg, Saints.... All good teams and are loyal to thier QB and build around him.. as we should have been and NEEDS to do with Russell otherwise we won’t get anywhere

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2axyhteb said:
If you don't resign the vets, who do you replace them with? Cassius March? Eddie Lacy? Name me a draft pick or a FA we could have replaced Bennet with. Come on people ....
Someone needs to play the position and we need to pay someone a salary ...
The problem is that we have been drafting scrubs, who haven't pushed the Vets for playing time.
Look at our draft picks since 2014 ... it is embarrassing.
Look at how many O-Lineman we have drafted since 2013 ... More than any other team, I believe ... and those guys are just extremely bad. When you don't have depth, it comes back to hurt you.
We don't have a problem of Vets, we have a problem of Lack of depth, because of pathetic drafting.
Your missing one he whole point, we didn’t have to pay Bennett another contract until after this year. Yes I would agree our drafting has been subpar, but when you have vets locked in early at high salaries you throw the whole notion of always compete right out the window.

Latest posts