Plus sides

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
  • The line is generally holding up, helps that Geno is navigating the pocket well
  • The running game doesn't feel as bad as stats indicate, K9 really has to get his ass upfield
  • The passing game is starting to click

nwHawk

Reaction score
K9 is close to breaking out. Lack of preseason reps is showing up. I’d like to see more Fant and Parkinson in the second half. Wish we could run a proper screen play, it would help slow down the Lions defensive line attacks.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I really wish K9 would just commit and run tbh. He does so well when he does. its infuriating seeing him dance around, to commit then 2nd guess and get stopped for a loss or at the LOS

JPatera76

Reaction score
I wouldn’t know there were any pluses if I wasn’t watching the game and only relied on this game day thread. :rolleyes:
touché! lol

edit: id rather everyone just "Get it all out" here in the gameday thread than the main forums tbh lol Vent here get it over with and move on kinda thing.

renofox

Reaction score
re K9: It's been drilled into his head to run to the designed hole no matter what, but the designed hole is almost never there.

He's doing his job exactly how the coaches want him to, THEN he is trying to make something out of nothing.

OLine just isn't good enough and that's making K9 look bad.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
re K9: It's been drilled into his head to run to the designed hole no matter what, but the designed hole is almost never there.

He's doing his job exactly how the coaches want him to, THEN he is trying to make something out of nothing.

OLine just isn't good enough and that's making K9 look bad.
I highly disagree. He's had multiple opportunities to get upfield and has instead opted to run mostly horizontal in search of home run lanes.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
This is the best thread on this forum and one reply, the team is looking better than last week and other than 2 missed FG is holding up well against a team who everyone was crying about because we were going to get destroyed.

JPatera76

Reaction score
i am glad Walker did not commit to the designed hole and decided to score instead.
he's got glimpses where the light turns on. Idk if he feels he'd get in trouble or chewed out, but if it give him positive yardage no one gunna yell at him if its not the designated hole.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
i am glad Walker did not commit to the designed hole and decided to score instead.
There's a balance that he has to strike. He had issues with this early last year too. He's gotta balance his bounces and horizontal tendencies with the appropriate level of actually getting downfield and moving the offense.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I highly disagree. He's had multiple opportunities to get upfield and has instead opted to run mostly horizontal in search of home run lanes.
K9 is exactly the runner you want playing for the homerun threat, not always going up field for 2 or 3 yards more.

Carbonnet is the more type you want running north and south for those few extra yards and not bouncing it outside.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
K9 is exactly the runner you want playing for the homerun threat, not always going up field for 2 or 3 yards more.

Carbonnet is the more type you want running north and south for those few extra yards and not bouncing it outside.
It's gotta be more balanced. He left a whole lot on the field to go 10 rushes for 13 in the first half.

I LIKE his home run ability, but again... it has to be measured risk

Latest posts