Point spread

bostonhardo

Reaction score
If you were setting the point spread (for fun and amusement only of course) what would it be?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't think I'd set it for more than 2.5 points either way

kidhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3i3r52x5 said:

I was thinking similarly as I see this game being won in OT

kidhawk

Reaction score
bostonhardo":cszfw7wq said:
kidhawk":cszfw7wq said:
AbsolutNET":cszfw7wq said:

I was thinking similarly as I see this game being won in OT

But which way?

Flip the coin, because that likely is how it's determined. I'm thinking we win the toss and Jackson has done well standing out there while the other team picks the wrong side of the coin so far this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
2.5 is the correct spread but to get actual action it should be at 3 for New England because somebody (Seahawks) is winning by 4 which will make a bucketload of money for Las Vegas. And that is the entire point of having a point spread gentlemen. :mrgreen:

(And no the game isn't going into overtime Kid).

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
I am surprised based on the rhetoric here that y'all are talking such a low spread.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd set the Hawks at -3.

Very evenly matched but even if I was an impartial gambler, I always like defense + running game over high powered offense.

Very rarely does a high powered offense beat a great defense in the SB. Now the Pats also have a good D, which is why I think it'll be 3 pts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2x2fsokg said:
I am surprised based on the rhetoric here that y'all are talking such a low spread.
Think about how many points both teams actually score and actually give up. New England scores 29.3 a game against Seattle at 24.6. Then defensively Seattle allows 15.9 a game while New England gives up 19.6. So just by those numbers if you split the difference it would be Seattle 23 New England 22 or thereabouts. Basically a low-mid 20's game no matter how you slice it unless it goes sideways like last year and if it does it won't be Seattle on the losing end of any possible blowout. Last time Seattle lost by over 9 points was 4 years ago and even then that 9 point loss was San Diego running up the score needlessly.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":34e3irkx said:
bostonhardo":34e3irkx said:
Think about how many points both teams actually score and actually give up. New England scores 29.3 a game against Seattle at 24.6. Then defensively Seattle allows 15.9 a game while New England gives up 19.6. So just by those numbers if you split the difference it would be Seattle 23 New England 22 or thereabouts.

Ur math is correct but the teams should be flipped.

This is the best thread on here I would set it at seattle -2 due to them being the defending champs on the west coast in a familiar stadium.

I see this game coming down to whover has the ball last and by however much that team needs to win

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1x3l3nue said:
MizzouHawkGal":1x3l3nue said:
bostonhardo":1x3l3nue said:
Think about how many points both teams actually score and actually give up. New England scores 29.3 a game against Seattle at 24.6. Then defensively Seattle allows 15.9 a game while New England gives up 19.6. So just by those numbers if you split the difference it would be Seattle 23 New England 22 or thereabouts.

Ur math is correct but the teams should be flipped.

This is the best thread on here I would set it at seattle -2 due to them being the defending champs on the west coast in a familiar stadium.

I see this game coming down to whover has the ball last and by however much that team needs to win
Yeah, it's so close and I was eyeballing it. My belief is that it will be 24-20 with a maximum score of 28-24 and a minimum score of 21-17. And yes Seattle should be the favorites but that won't garner the action that Las Vegas wants hence New England as a 3 point favorite.