POLL: Marshawn Lynch Will he or Wont he?

Marshawn Lynch will he or wont he?

• No: he will hold out, he wants more money or some recognition.

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Yes: he will show up for camp, he still may want those things but the team and contract come first.

Votes: 64 60.4%

• Total voters

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
How awesome was the photo Lynch tweeted when they were saying he was gonna hold out. Basically saying a big F U to all the media

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2h9b0eat said:
Basis4day":2h9b0eat said:
Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 2m

Marshawn Lynch expected at #Seahawks minicamp Tuesday, @TerryBlountESPN joins us next to talk about it:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11097 ... mp-tuesday

Oh, good. Let's interview the guy who started all this nonsense and rumor mongering in the first place.

Anyway, he showed.

It's the oldest trick in the reporter book. If there is no controversy, create one.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":tr0e6kdb said:
How awesome was the photo Lynch tweeted when they were saying he was gonna hold out. Basically saying a big F U to all the media

to be fair there is a rumor now that they plan on working on a deal. If that's the case and he does get a new deal, we'll never know how serious the threat of a hold-out actually was.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawknballs":20ihtjqh said:
Ziggyy108":20ihtjqh said:

to be fair there is a rumor now that they plan on working on a deal. If that's the case and he does get a new deal, we'll never know how serious the threat of a hold-out actually was.

Other reporters said Marshawn never said anything to Seattle about holding out or missing mini-camp. We already know Marshawn and his people don't speak to the media ever. Maybe he's working on a new deal; maybe he's not. There could be a handful of guys talking about new deals right now.

All that really matters is that he showed up. Everything else has been pure speculation from the beginning. Every year it seems the media finds a way of generating a story out of him missing OTAs. No different this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawknballs":k7pm83hi said:
Ziggyy108":k7pm83hi said:

Likely not serious at all.

His agent reportedly met with the FO about a week ago... and the way that it appears to be playing out is something along the lines of Pete and/or JS saying to his agent...

If Marshawn is here next Tuesday, we'll sit down and see what can be done to accommodate him without derailing our other plans.

Just a guess.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
warden":jvb1px5z said:
Ever wonder why Lynch hates the media so much

It's kind of a double-edged sword with the media. You could play them like RW and they'll just go around boasting your good guy image too. You ignore them, then they'll speculate (often negative).

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
HAHA people are voting in favor of him showing up after he already reported. I guess some are like the media they want to be able to say they were right.

ivotuk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":19kb8fnh said:
Hawknballs":19kb8fnh said:
Ziggyy108":19kb8fnh said:

Likely not serious at all.

His agent reportedly met with the FO about a week ago... and the way that it appears to be playing out is something along the lines of Pete and/or JS saying to his agent...

[i]If Marshawn is here next Tuesday, we'll sit down and see what can be done to accommodate him without derailing our other plans.[/i]

Just a guess.

I think you nailed it on the head right there. Marshawn does what Marshawn wants, and he has succeeded at making a point while still being back at camp with his friends, doing what he loves.

I sincerely hope they can find a way to slip him more money without destroying their well-laid plans. Compared to other RB pay/usage, we are getting a bargain.\

Scroll down on this link and compare how many rushes/yards 'Shawn has compared to others and their salaries. I've quoted 2 of them here for those on cell phones (navigating to a link can be a pain in the arse).

Then there's a link for this years pay, and one about how Adrian Petersen's contract was written (just like EVERY contract) so they could cut him a year or two down road.

-----

4. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens (Five years, $40 million, $24 million guaranteed)
959 carries, 4,377 rushing yards, 24 rushing touchdowns, in four seasons.
250 receptions, 2,235 receiving yards, 5 receiving touchdowns

10. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks (Four years, $31 million, $18 million guaranteed)
1,137 carries, 4,542 rushing yards, 35 rushing touchdowns, in five seasons.
143 receptions, 1,020 receiving yards, 2 receiving touchdowns

http://prod.www.ravens.clubs.nfl.com/ne ... f7d42f3bab

2014 RB Pay:

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/running-back/

Adrian Petersen:

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... s-feasible

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think Lynch's contract is that out of whack with reality, but I can understand his wanting more now or more guaranteed to push him through next year because as his deal sits now, it's just asking for him to be cut loose after this season. Hopefully they work something out to keep both sides happy.

I believe his showing up at camp today is largely due to the amount of trust that John and Pete have built with the players. They both seem to be men of their word when it comes to negotiations. It's still a business and hard decisions have to be made, but they seem to be up front with the players no matter which way they are heading (new contract or getting cut). This earns the respect of players and keeps from prolonged holdout type of situations.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I think it will work out, FO and Money will make something happen ... not too much but something.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
pmedic920":19ugwo1s said:
I can't vote on my phone. I will say I want him on the field. One of my all time favs.
If he moves on, I think we will be fine.

What kind of phone?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Ha Ha too funny.

Even though in bold words I gave the final tally of the votes when ML reported. 2 people have still said No and 15 more have voted yes to the poll.

Now obviously the 2 people who said no had not heard the news. I will leave you to think about the 15 who have voted yes.

But I am with them yes ML will report to camp. I find it interesting he has an ankle injury when he reported. Lets see how long the injury plagues him. :twisted: :stirthepot: