Poll: Pick #5, Who do you want?

seabowl

Reaction score
Assuming Young, Stroud, and Anderson are off the board 1,2,3. Who would you want??

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
And another one!

If this 3 players are gone i would trade down to 15-18 range (only for first next year) and pick Van Ness or Kancey.

Mick063

Reaction score
Besides the obvious QB position, at what other position would one single injury completely devastate offensive production and stifle offensive game planning? The answer is running back. After free agency addressed some of the biggest holes on defense (I get that the defense must get younger and cheaper through the draft and I don't advocate neglecting defense in this draft), I think the single biggest need for the Seahawks is a "yards after contact", 220 pound running back. You obviously don't take that player with a top five pick. Rather, I would like to trade down to the appropriate spot and then draft TWO of them with two of the parlayed picks. Hedge the bet by increasing the odds of "hitting" on a stud. Make DJ Dallas fight for his playing time (although I like DJ Dallas on the roster because he is versatile, still on the tail end of a rookie deal, and doesn't make bonehead mistakes). Regardless, there is room on the roster for four running backs to include Dallas and K9.

I wouldn't freak out if they took Carter at #5. I wouldn't freak out if they moved down two spots and took Wilson at #7. I just prefer RB and parlayed picks. The LAST thing I want them to do is draft a QB. Not from this class. I don't like any of the leftovers at #5. I don't want a project QB that takes three years to get on the field and then we only get two years of a rookie deal (w/5th year extension) productivity. Worst case scenario for me is two measly years of Richardson rookie deal productivity and then a Lamar Jackson type contract situation. I don't want the same QB scenario that Green Bay (Love) or San Francisco (Lance) had. Hell, those teams still don't know what they have. I think that is what would happen if Seattle took Richardson.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I have two problems with Tyree Wilson. The first is a serious lack of moves. All he knows how to do is ball rush or speed rush and that’s it. The second problem which is probably bigger is that he’s coming off of a broken foot. A tall guy coming off of a broken foot can be something that affects him throughout his entire career. I would not take that risk.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have two problems with Tyree Wilson. The first is a serious lack of moves. All he knows how to do is ball rush or speed rush and that’s it. The second problem which is probably bigger is that he’s coming off of a broken foot. A tall guy coming off of a broken foot can be something that affects him throughout his entire career. I would not take that risk.
Sounds like you are describing Chris Jones of Kansas City. Tall bull rusher.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Besides the obvious QB position, at what other position would one single injury completely devastate offensive production and stifle offensive game planning? The answer is running back. After free agency addressed some of the biggest holes on defense (I get that the defense must get younger and cheaper through the draft and I don't advocate neglecting defense in this draft), I think the single biggest need for the Seahawks is a "yards after contact", 220 pound running back. You obviously don't take that player with a top five pick. Rather, I would like to trade down to the appropriate spot and then draft TWO of them with two of the parlayed picks. Hedge the bet by increasing the odds of "hitting" on a stud. Make DJ Dallas fight for his playing time (although I like DJ Dallas on the roster because he is versatile, still on the tail end of a rookie deal, and doesn't make bonehead mistakes). Regardless, there is room on the roster for four running backs to include Dallas and K9.

I wouldn't freak out if they took Carter at #5. I wouldn't freak out if they moved down two spots and took Wilson at #7. I just prefer RB and parlayed picks. The LAST thing I want them to do is draft a QB. Not from this class. I don't like any of the leftovers at #5. I don't want a project QB that takes three years to get on the field and then we only get two years of a rookie deal (w/5th year extension) productivity. Worst case scenario for me is two measly years of Richardson rookie deal productivity and then a Lamar Jackson type contract situation. I don't want the same QB scenario that Green Bay (Love) or San Francisco (Lance) had. Hell, those teams still don't know what they have. I think that is what would happen if Seattle took Richardson.
I agree. One of the smartest posts I've read recently.

I still think they should go after Henry if he's available - but I totally agree with what you're laying down here. We're looking for a RB like Henry. I've said we need a hammer at RB, not a dancer. And I love your trading down to pick 2 - an heir and a spare ;)

And these people that are talking 'bout a 3rd down RB that can catch. Nope. Want the hammer. We can fiddle around with the TE sets for a close passing game.

James in PA

Reaction score
1) Richardson
2) Anderson
3) Carter

If you had already removed Carter from your board due to character concerns and he's the only one of the 3 left, you trade down. Then, I'm targeting a guy like JSN or Bijan with that first pick.

Chawker

Reaction score
Trading back a few spots would net us a extra pick, plus broaden our selection opportunitys to include most all positions. Its a smart move and JS and PC know this.

12ths Cheer ! All hail Pete & John Go Seahawks !!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Wow, another "what should we do with the #5 pick" thread.

At least this one has a poll that has different players on it than the other 6 so.......

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
My guess is that if the Seahawks don’t trade out of this pick they are interested in one of the QB’s.

The defensive players look like they grade out into tier 2 with the JC drama. With the exception of the Alabama DE who is likely heading to AZ.

Rat

Reaction score
Based on your profile pic, you’d be ok with the Hawks drafting the OSU punter at #5. 😂
I wasn't calling for us to take Wilson or Olave with our pick last year (I think I wanted Penning). JSN is special. He's going to go earlier than people think.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
The more I look at how this draft may workout, I'm all for trading down to #11 Tenn, or #16 Washington. Keep 2 1st rnd this year, and have 2 again next year, when we will need draft capitol to move up for Our QBOTF.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
So funny how the temperature on players can pull a 180. I remember a time when Jalen Carter and Will Levis were the prettiest girls at the prom. Personally I would take either one if Pete co-signs

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So funny how the temperature on players can pull a 180. I remember a time when Jalen Carter and Will Levis were the prettiest girls at the prom. Personally I would take either one if Pete co-signs

Drag racing resulting in your friends deaths and not being able to complete your own pro day because you're so out of shape will do that.