Who do you stay and pick at 16 for?

irfuben32

Reaction score
I think the consensus is that we want to trade back, especially with the absence of a second round pick.

Who are the guys that if they drop to sixteen are just to good to pass up?

Scout

Reaction score
For the Hawks I am thinking Best Available Player. Some player is going to drop because there will be a run on a position.

JSN is a good example of a player that was right there for the pickings.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind Bowers at all. Gives Geno another big athletic target. Gronk like

Rat

Reaction score
I don't expect Bowers to fall, but we should be sprinting to the podium if he does. I can't imagine getting a good enough trade offer to pass him up.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
We trade back to the mid twentys and take a DT. Unless a player falls unexpectedly.
I agree: this is a deep 1st round. We can recoup that 2nd and still find us a difference maker. Probably 2.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I'd stay at 16 for Joe Alt, Odunze, Dallas Turner, maybe Bowers...

I don't think any of those guys will be there though, so I'd be happy to trade down 5-6 spots and get the best OL available. JC Latham, Olu Fashanu, Guyton, Fautanu -- somebody will be there -- and if they can't beat out Cross or Lucas, they can play inside.

The important thing is we pick up a second rounder so we can get another blue chip prospect. We're going to need a bunch of bodies to fill out this roster.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'd stay at 16 for Joe Alt, Odunze, Dallas Turner, maybe Bowers...

I don't think any of those guys will be there though, so I'd be happy to trade down 5-6 spots and get the best OL available. JC Latham, Olu Fashanu, Guyton, Fautanu -- somebody will be there -- and if they can't beat out Cross or Lucas, they can play inside.

The important thing is we pick up a second rounder so we can get another blue chip prospect. We're going to need a bunch of bodies to fill out this roster.
This is a good point. We have freed up a lot of cap space, so we're going to be able to make some moves in FA but we also have the least amount of guys currently under contract. Netting an extra draft pick seems like a good move at this point.

I still like Bowers (especially since we currently have none of our starting TEs under contract now), but I wouldn't even blame them for passing up him if we trade down for a late first plus a second.

chris98251

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how John takes on FA without Pete, we have mostly always waited till the dust settles and the over spenders make their moves and come in and surgically sign guys for a lot less then us as fans expected.