Poll: Who is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to Super Bowl 49?

What team is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to getting to SB 49?

• Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFC South winner

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Lions

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Packers

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 45 26.0%

• Total voters

pehawk

Reaction score
This thread makes me cringe. Too soon, Jinxy!

lukerguy

Reaction score
Lions have something the Packers don't have, and that is a good defense.

People say they have no running game, but I would say it's average. Joique Bell is decent.

The Lions beat the Packers already this year 19-7.

The Packers don't match up well against teams who run the ball well, and get pressure with a 4 man rush.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Funny, I actually picked Detroit because their Defense is for real and they a have an offense that can be good.

I actually would like a rematch with the Cowturds to show them how much of a fluke that was.

Once we get into the playoffs anything can happen but I like our chances.

edogg23

Reaction score
The question text says "What team is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to winning SB 49?"
Well my answer to that would be whatever team in the AFC either the broncos or patriots that makes it to the superbowl will be our biggest roadblock to winning it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm tempted to say the Cardinals just because they are our next opponent, we're playing them on the road, and a loss to them would be devastating to our Super Bowl aspirations. They have a front seven that is equally good at rushing the pass and shutting down the running game.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
edogg23":36vj10u8 said:
The question text says "What team is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to winning SB 49?"
Well my answer to that would be whatever team in the AFC either the broncos or patriots that makes it to the superbowl will be our biggest roadblock to winning it.
I changed the text. Should've read "getting to SB 49".

ZagHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1b6tymny said:
I voted Cards because it was closest to my feelings.

I like the "1-0 every week" mantra.

This week our biggest road block is Bruce Arians.

We will beat the Cards unless we get out coached, like the Rams game.

My 2 cents.

The 1-0 mantra is more true now than all season.

To put it in perspective

Cardinals - Don't win this game, you're a wildcard. I'm sorry I don't think the Seahawks are going to win 3 straight road playoff games. I can't even remember the last time they won 3 straight regular season road games.

Rams - This team beat Us, The Broncos and the Niners. The past two seasons they've turned the last week of the regular season into a nail biter, hell they had the lead I think in both games for some periods of time.

Then at this point playoffs obviously are 1-0 every week. For obvious reasons I don't want the Hawks to travel to Lambeau, and I also don't want them to travel to the Saints. That game has so much "payback" written in it that it would be almost destiny the Hawks would lose that game via voodoo magic and football gods.

If i had it my way, obviously win out. Get the Cowboys back here and avenge that home loss.

Blaze

Reaction score
It's gotta be ourselves, pre-snap penalties have got to be fixed

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blaze":2ulmq2a7 said:
It's gotta be ourselves, pre-snap penalties have got to be fixed

I agree, but it's week 16, wtf.

I still contend a lot of the pre-snap penalties are due to Russell's hesitation and thus hesitating cadence at the line.

O-lineman like to get into a cadence rhythm so that they can get a good jump off the ball, and Russell this year has done a lot of hesitating at the line as the play clock is almost at zero. I think this is having a negative effect with all the false start and motion problems.

morgulon1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":5ta9qq3x said:
Forget their lack of QB - Arizona, like everyone else in this division, has made an art form out of "great defense without good quarterbacking". Last year they threw four picks to the Legion and still won in our house. Arizona is the closest thing to Russell Wilson's kryptonite; they know exactly how to rush him without losing containment. And we're facing them with downgraded right tackle play and Okung out.

Beyond that, there's not a team on that list that I fear. They all play exactly the kind of football Seattle is best at shutting down: pass-first finesse. Our physical defense is the perfect recipe in those games.

Dallas might be an exception, but it took all they had and a near-perfect game from Romo - against only half the Legion of Boom - to beat us in September. They won't be so lucky next time.

we win against AZ, the division is ours.