Poona Ford “nearly unblockable against the Vikings”

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
That's my adopt-a-rookie you're talking about. He's an absolute bulldozer. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in real games - he's been horribly under-utilised.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2b0974xd said:
A little love for UDFA Poona Ford, the 2017 big 12 conference defensive lineman of the year had four tackles against the 9ers. Nice addition to the Hawks with a bright future.

I thought he was great in the first half yesterday. Great penetration to throw off the inside zone runs and chasing down backs from behind. Think he played less in the second half when the Niners went pass heavy as he didn’t flash much. But I like Poona in there on run downs. Really hard to block with a big motor.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
PFF had him rated has the 2nd highest defender on the Hawks defense Sunday behind Bobby.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1069694520026112000[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
Should've been playing more from the start. I will never understand why he has been inactive so many weeks.

He will have a big game against the Vikings if they let him play.

Sac

Reaction score
I've been screaming for Poona to get more time too. Especially with the way we've been getting gashed in the run game.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It was nice to Ford getting playing time and performing.

You never really know with these things since we don't see practices, but I would have liked to see him earlier on with the way he played in preseason. With that said, glad to see him out there now. Better late than never.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
From what I understand, Ford is a gamer and doesn't flash as much in practice as he does when it's for real. No idea why that would be - nobody in Pete Carroll's system should be going easier in practice if they want to make the team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Vikings are coming here to run the football.

Sac":3lon7ufk said:
I've been screaming for Poona to get more time too. Especially with the way we've been getting gashed in the run game.

getnasty

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fpcshke said:
Vikings are coming here to run the football.

Sac":1fpcshke said:

Let's hope so, with there wideouts we should hope they want to run the ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
Watched him during the game he seems like a fun loving guy was laughing and smiling in the huddle all the time.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hopefully we start a new thread with the title. Reed-Poona-Clark- set record for Sacks on Cousins.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is funny! I saw this thread and got confused, then realized this was from a Presesaon game.

I saw Poona Ford getting DOUBLE TEAMED Monday Night! :179417: