Poor, poor Falcons....

sdog1981

Reaction score
Falcons are giving the Broncos the business. So they got over that hurdle. This hawks team can apply more pressure on offense then Denver could.

Crizilla

Reaction score
lol@ OP thinking he knows everything

not in this league! anything can happen

Bobblehead

Reaction score
On one hand I'm glad it's at home, On the Other hand, I don't recall the Hawks ever being very good after a bye week. It worries me.

sutz

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3m8klw7k said:
Falcons are for real. Winning in Denver against that defense is no joke.

If the Seahawks can handle the Falcons, I'll be a lot more confident headed into the rest of the season.
It's a big game, and will likely affect playoff seeding. At least it looks so now.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Crizilla":267phjpu said:

Well, that's kinda rude. Of course anything can happen. I was just pointing out that they had a tough road to hoe. And they succeeded in round 1. Good on 'em. Wasn't expecting it, but it happens. Where did I state I knew everything? (and I am one that accepts booze as a legitimate excuse, btw...) :lol:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BlueThunder":1jtfurj6 said:
Crizilla":1jtfurj6 said:

Well, that's kinda rude. Of course anything can happen. I was just pointing out that they had a tough road to hoe. And they succeeded in round 1. Good on 'em. Wasn't expecting it, but it happens. Where did I state I knew everything? (and I am one that accepts booze and a legitimate excuse, btw...) :lol:

Meh, he's a kid...Thinks the Vikings D is better than ours. I smell a bandwagon fan...

KIDDING!! Sheesh don't go nuts Crizilla...We old folks like to give you youngin's a hard time once in awhile. ;)

Falcons are absolutely legitimate. Their D doesn't scare me but their O certainly does...Even at home against our D they could create massive fits for us if we don't play our A++ game.

Having said that, this is not an unbeatable team suddenly. Sure they are on a very hot streak but this is the same overall players and coaches they had last year that was very beatable.

In these kinds of games I defer to our ultimate paradigm: Play our kind of football to our capabilities and it's a W regardless of opponent.

Crizilla

Reaction score
BlueThunder":89n5i0q4 said:
Crizilla":89n5i0q4 said:

Well, that's kinda rude. Of course anything can happen. I was just pointing out that they had a tough road to hoe. And they succeeded in round 1. Good on 'em. Wasn't expecting it, but it happens. Where did I state I knew everything? (and I am one that accepts booze as a legitimate excuse, btw...) :lol:

im honestly not trying to be rude, but ive learned my lesson when it comes to looking at the schedule and making predictions or "feel good" picks and getting all yippy about what you think will happen in this league. There are no gimmies. It's wacky and sometimes teams get flat out lucky. Posting threads like this have the tendency to backfire, just like this case. I'm making fun of your thread not you personally.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Falcons D also didn't look as bad as advertised. Sure, the Donk's were short on QB's today, but their D still got the job done. I think we'll do better on O than they did. And I'm pretty sure our D is superior to Denver's. We are ranked #1 in the league after all... And now we've got tape on how Atlanta attacks. Should be a good game, but I'm hoping for a real yawner... with the Hawks owning the game by halftime...

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Crizilla":fupu9ihc said:
BlueThunder":fupu9ihc said:
Crizilla":fupu9ihc said:

im honestly not trying to be rude, but ive learned my lesson when it comes to looking at the schedule and making predictions or "feel good" picks and getting all yippy about what you think will happen in this league. There are no gimmies. It's wacky and sometimes teams get flat out lucky. Posting threads like this have the tendency to backfire, just like this case. I'm making fun of your thread not you personally.

No problem here, as I'm pretty forgiving. It's just that you took my meaning the wrong way. It was not bravado of any kind. It was simply pointing out that the Falcons had a couple really tough games in front of them. That's it. I wasn't saying they were gonna get their asses beat or anything, just saying it was kind of a brutal 2-game stretch for them. They took care of business today, but it doesn't get any easier this week against our 'Hawks. And as far as the litmus test, they succeeded in round 1 for sure. Pretty impressive. We'll have our hands full next week. But as for you, no hard feelings.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Despite a conference rival getting the win, this might have been a good thing to get the team's attention. Not that I think they would have taken the Falcons lightly but there might have been a thought that if Denver shuts them down, we'd automatically do it as well.

fuego

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":fvcjr4xg said:
Jerhawk":fvcjr4xg said:
Rat":fvcjr4xg said:
How much would we need to give Aquib Talib to dive low at Julio Jones? He seems like the venal type.

A Sherman vs Julio matchup would be awesome to watch imo. I'd rather see them at full strength. We don't want them to have any excuses after a loss

Excellent matchup. Julio will get some yards but Sherman will contain him. I'm hoping Ryan "goes to the well" one too many times also!

See Carolina game and Dever game for what happens when Julio is contained. 8)

fuego

Reaction score
A couple of things about the game against you guys coming up.

One is that of course you are the Seahawks, SB champs, and not to be taken lightly. And when QBs run they tend to give us fits, even if they're not 'running QBs'. I can't tell you the number of times we've flushed a QB out of the pocket and he runs 15 yards for a 1st down.

Our D finally showed up the past 2 weeks. We held Carolina to 10 pts and Broncos to 6 pts until we went to the dreaded prevent and let them both get back to within a score. I'm also glad you have field turf since that is what we play on at home, even though you are outdoors.

It's gonna be a good game though. Taking at least 1 out of these 2 games is a real plus for us.

Latest posts