Position You Would Shore Up Before Playoffs (If You Could)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack Montana's thread about McKissic, but it got me thinking. . . I agree, the team gets (slightly) better with him than it was with Keenan Reynolds. But there are other positions I wish we had strength.

My first thought was, I wish we had Will Dissly returning. But, the defense needs more help, I feel. So with that, wouldn't it be great to have someone of Kam's presence in the middle of the field? But probably my biggest wish was that we had someone like Cliff Avril coming off IR right now and returning to full health. What a boost that would be!

If there was one position on the team to which you wish we had an above-average talent returning from IR what position would it be? What one talented person could help this team make a push at the end of the season and into the post-season?

knownone

Reaction score
It would have to be DE or CB. The only thing less consistent than our pass rush this season is Griffins ability to go an entire game without making 1-2 boneheaded mistakes.

Seafan

Reaction score
Trade deadline is over. Doubtful the team can find a starter at any position that would be an improvement. Every player on the team makes mistakes.

Replace Griffin with whom?

This must be one of those fantasy threads.

Madden may be out a while. That might be the only spot that could be improved with a street free agent.

I liked the idea of using Poona at FB.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":1bb99c5h said:
Trade deadline is over. Doubtful the team can find a starter at any position that would be an improvement. Every player on the team makes mistakes.

Madden may be out a while. That might be the only spot that could be improved with a street free agent.

Yeah, you're overthinking it. It's simply a wish-thread. What do you wish were better in one position right now?

Seafan

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1cdos6ta said:
Seafan":1cdos6ta said:

Yeah, you're overthinking it. It's simply a wish-thread. What do you wish were better in one position right now?

Well then I wish Earl never got hurt.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Either a healthy KJ Wright or a healthy Doug Baldwin would make an enormous difference down the stretch.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":94h6t3yt said:
Kendricks back and Baldwin Healthy as he can be this year.

I'd like to see more production overall from the D-line. I think Kendricks and B-Wagz can make up for it, but playing without KJ has shown the weaknesses of the D-line as a unit can be made up for by exceptional linebacker play. Personally, I think they can be coached through it.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seafan":2c8zi7b3 said:
Ad Hawk":2c8zi7b3 said:
Seafan":2c8zi7b3 said:

Well then I wish Earl never got hurt.

So he could be helping Dallas on their playoff push?

sutz

Reaction score
I think it's coming. Kendricks coming back fresh, and hopefully KJ responding to the rest with health to play a few games.

So for me it's LB, and it looks like it's on the way (I hope). Our fun fits have been deplorable and LB help would be a big plus.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Kendricks should fill the bill at LB.

Otherwise, I think safety. One injury to Thompson or McDougald and what remains for our options then?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I know a lot of folks are bagging on the pass defense but its really the run defense that needs shoring up. We've always been about stopping the run and this year it's been a bugaboo. And everything has always fed off that. Stop the run and you can more easily rush the passer and drop your LB's into coverage. Don't stop the run and LB's have to creep up, DL have to read and react.

So if we could get a real run plugger I'd be happier.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This team has given up sooooo many deep passing plays. Has to be the most for a Pete Carroll team since 2010. My call is pass coverage.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":9m5xgeyn said:
A better quarterback.

. . .

:mrgreen: Joking

:thgeterdone2:

I wondered who'd throw that one out there!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2808lwwq said:
I know a lot of folks are bagging on the pass defense but its really the run defense that needs shoring up. We've always been about stopping the run and this year it's been a bugaboo. And everything has always fed off that. Stop the run and you can more easily rush the passer and drop your LB's into coverage. Don't stop the run and LB's have to creep up, DL have to read and react.

So if we could get a real run plugger I'd be happier.

KJ and/or Kendricks will help with that. We're basically playing with one linebacker back there right now, and that's been the problem.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'd inject a healthy Earl Thomas back into the lineup. A truly unique player that has always made CBs better when he was on the field.

Latest posts