Positive takeaways from this game

cymatica

Reaction score
One week closer to getting Spoon back, and sitting a couple of these Cb who played today.

K9 was great. And we rested him most of the second half, so he should be fresh next week.

Bobo got wide open today, unfortunately the qb didn’t see him.
If Geno actually saw that it would have been a different game

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This might have been one of the worst games ever played by any Seahawk team in any era against any opponent. It probably will never be that bad again.

We won't be as bad as we looked today. Just nowhere near as good as most hoped.
I doubt this even cracks the top 20. They lost by 17 points. They lost by 35 points to the Rams at home just six years ago; it's not even among the worst Pete Carroll era losses. There were a bunch of games in the pre-Holmgren era much worse than this, and enough to call it one of the worst.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sorry but it seems 5-12 is a real possibility. The core issue isn't talent it's the coaching and lack of adjustments during games to compensate for what is actually happening in said games.
Yeah I just said pretty much the same thing in another thread. I shutter to imagine how bad teams like the digits are gonna dogwalk us 😱😖

rjdriver

Reaction score
I thought the guy who kept Pete Carroll from tipping over executed flawlessly. Best performance on the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I just said pretty much the same thing in another thread. I shutter to imagine how bad teams like the digits are gonna dogwalk us 😱😖

Come on now. We’ve seen this movie hundreds of times. The good guys win. Then they lose. Then they lose a lot. Then when you count them out they start to win again. And again. It’s a maddening ride that we have agreed to partake in for the rest of our lives.

This year will be no different. Another roller coaster ride for better or for worse. The Seahawks tend to trend in the better category and I still don’t see that changing this year.

In fact, this very well could be the best thing that could have happened to them.

Scout

Reaction score
JSN is as advertised and is going to be a great addition underneath on crossers but also when running posts from the slot.

Bobo is also a savvy route runner and he is vicious as a run blocker.

Walker is so explosive and agile.

Mafe is one of the big reason why the run defense looks better as he is engaging and disengaging would be blockers at the LOS or even behind it.

Brooks looks good flying around and playing with his talent and less thinking.

Love needs to be a starting NCB as he was all over the field making plays.

morgulon1

Reaction score
yeah? how did you make it? Cause, you know, I found,that for the most part the Blt has been made wrong for years.. the proper way ..is the triple decker BLT.
I'm going to go slap my wife for having the audacity of not bringing me a triple decker BLT. 9/11 will have an asterisk.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Game was going great up until Myers missed FG then it all snowballed from there

irfuben32

Reaction score
Under Pete Carrol, the Seahawks have had a history of shitting the bed on opening day.

So this could just be that

hoxrox

Reaction score
Game was going great up until Myers missed FG then it all snowballed from there
He almost missed an extra point too. It's a small thing to nitpick considering all that went wrong, but sooner or later, 3 points is going to cost us a close game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Under Pete Carrol, the Seahawks have had a history of shitting the bed on opening day.

So this could just be that

We have a 7-3 opening day record the last 10 years. This turd just makes it feel the other way around

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The crowd seemed into it. No tittay sightings though .
I heard some very loud booing at one point of the tam's ineptitude. Can't remember when in the 2nd half it was but getting booed by a fanatically loyal crowd in the first game of the season is not a good sign.