Potential Cuts (2024)

CactusJack

Reaction score
The team will have to make some decisions this offseason (2024) regarding the cap.

Potential Cuts
Geno- Savings $22.5M
Adams- Savings $16.5M
Lockett- Savings $17M
Diggs- Savings $11M
Dre Jones- Savings $11.5M
Will Dissly- Savings $7M
Bryan Mone- Savings $6M
Jarran Reed- Savings $4.5M
Nick Bellore- Savings $3M

Geno's cap number next year jumps to $31M. But releasing him would save about $22.5M ($8.7M dead cap- Post June 1st) for next year.

Also, cutting ties with Jamal could potentially save about $16.5M against the cap (Post June 1st). Something to keep in mind.

Who are some cuts that you would like to see?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2024/

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let Diggs stay. Can't cut 2 starting safeties, and rely on draft.

If Jerrick Reed is going to be the next starting safety for Seattle, let him learn from Diggs.

Jville

Reaction score
Let Diggs stay. Can't cut 2 starting safeties, and rely on draft.

If Jerrick Reed is going to be the next starting safety for Seattle, let him learn from Diggs.

The injury to Jerrick Reed II was very disappointing. A real set back to his career. He will have to rehab and rebuild his movement skills. I look forward to his return.

I would think understudies Ty Okada and Johathan Sutherland will resign to compete in 2024.

Diggs is pelted by a lot stones thrown by fans during a season. But, that is something of an involuntary knee jerk reaction anytime a safety appears to get beat over the top. All in all, I think Diggs has been productive and helped align young secondary players.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Out of everyone on that list, the person I'd want to stay on the team the most is Jarran Reed. He's absolutely killing it for the Hawks in his position.
I like the idea of Geno Smith and Lockett being here unless it just ruins their cap.
I think Reed has played well from what I can tell.

Who knows what this team will do.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Dissly has been disappointing . What did they pay him this year ? 8MM I think for a few catches per season
PFF has him rated as 16th/72 TE. A 70 overall grade. Which isn't bad. I honestly think they just underutilize him.

His cap number this year is $9m. $10m next season. I could see them keeping him around. As Fant will be a free agent.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Diggs seriously has not done good this season, I think
father time has caught up to him.
Since Tyler got married he hasn't been the same.
I'd keep Reed and I'm 50/50 on Geno.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is why I could never be GM (other than the fact I would suck at it).

I don't think I could have the heart to sever ties with Lockett after what he has meant to the team and the city. Top five Seahawk receiver of all time IMHO.

That said, I would understand the business decision. He will be a year older and has already naturally regressed from his prime. JSN is starting to bloom, DK is DK, and Bobo has shown great (and dirt cheap) potential.

I think Tyler is back, but I would understand if he wasn't. Especially if he was obstinate with regard to restructuring.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'd love to have Dre Jones back if we sign Leonard Williams. I think in a full season with Nwosu and Big Cat, he could be very effective.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
This is why I could never be GM (other than the fact I would suck at it).

I don't think I could have the heart to sever ties with Lockett after what he has meant to the team and the city. Top five Seahawk receiver of all time IMHO.

That said, I would understand the business decision. He will be a year older and has already naturally regressed from his prime. JSN is starting to bloom, DK is DK, and Bobo has shown great (and dirt cheap) potential.

I think Tyler is back, but I would understand if he wasn't. Especially if he was obstinate with regard to restructuring.
Could not agree more.

12forlife

Reaction score
I think you move on from all of them, keep Reed & Lockett. Hard moving off both safeties, but their price tag is a Pro Bowl caliber and we aren't getting even close to that. Roll with Jerrick Reed & Love, while drafting one and see what FA has to offer?

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'd love to have Dre Jones back if we sign Leonard Williams. I think in a full season with Nwosu and Big Cat, he could be very effective.
PFF basically has him playing at a replacement level this year. Very average. Meanwhile, his cap number is $18M next season. So, I ask, is it worth paying a guy premium money to get replacement level production?

You could justify paying Leonard Williams that kind of money. But Jones has been an average to below average DT for the last 3 years according to PFF & their grading scale.

Fwiw, both Adams & Diggs have been well below replacement level this season.

Last edited: