Potential talent that's already on the roster

bill21792

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum, but didn't get too much response, so just posting it here

All of the players that we have under contract that couldn't contribute this year due to injury/depth chart status.

Spencer Ware - Looks like he has talent and just got IR'd early on thanks to a crowded roster

Anthony McCoy - He's a FA, but he may very well come back. Hasn't had a head coach other than Pete Carroll since high school. I think we're okay at TE if we have him and the other two, although I'd prefer to get someone like Lyerla late

Jeron Johnson - Didn't look as good this year as he did in 2012 but he should be back for solid depth at least

Jesse Williams - Looked god awful in preseason, but had a bum knee. Everyone said he should have gone a lot higher in the draft if it wasn't for the knee. If his knee recovered, perhaps he could come back at full strength this next year and be a contributor

Tharold Simon - Similar situation to Jesse Williams. Got drafted later than his talent suggest due to an injury and getting arrested the night of the draft. Was red-shirted last year, and has talent to potentially produce this next year.

Korey Toomer - If I remember correctly, this guy was improving during OTA's and training camp, but got injured early. Thus getting no chance to show off his skills. Am I wrong in remembering that this guy is an absolute beast athletically who went late in the draft due to being so raw to the position or the game of football?

Greg Scruggs - He was one of our better pass rushing DT's (Not that it's sayin' too much) in 2012. He was a rookie 7th round draft pick who if I remember correctly fell deep in the draft due to injury concern. We at least know from game action that this guy can contribute, but he'll have a hard time making the roster if we retain Bennent, McDaniels, and McDonald.

Benson Mayowa - I know he wasn't injured, but if he developed decently in practice last year, he may be able to fill in nicely for when we cut Chris Clemons.

Not saying that all of these guys will contribute, or anything like that, but they all have the potential to be players that contribute. Any one of these guys could potentially be the Walter Thurmond of this upcoming year.

#RosterBating

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Others to a degree of potential:

QB BJ Daniels
RB Christine Michael
FB Derrick Coleman
WR Jermaine Kearse
WR Phil Bates
WR Arceto Clark
WR Chris Matthews
TE Cooper Helfet
TE the guy who was a Giant, Travis Beckam?
OG James Carpenter- finally gets a healty off-season, first time since rookie season
OG JR Sweezy
OT Alvin Bailey
TG Michael Bowie
TC Caylin Hauptmann
GC Jared Smith
OG the guy from Green Bay, Van Roten?

DE/T Kenneth Boatwright
DT Jason Hill
DT Michael Brooks
DT Danthony Smith
LB that wisconsin lber we signed
LB Bruce Irvin
CB Jeremy Lane
CB Akeem Aguste
DB DeShawn Shead

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get out of Jesse Williams. The last time I saw him he had a big body, but thin little legs. I assuming our strength and conditioning team has helped him build more core/lower-body strength.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2sfgu7zm said:

QB BJ Daniels
RB Christine Michael
FB Derrick Coleman
WR Jermaine Kearse
WR Phil Bates
WR Arceto Clark
WR Chris Matthews
TE Cooper Helfet
OG James Carpenter- finally gets a healty off-season, first time since rookie season
OG JR Sweezy
OT Alvin Bailey
TG Michael Bowie
TC Caylin Hauptmann
GC Jared Smith

DE/T Kenneth Boatwright
DT Jason Hill
DT Michael Brooks
DT Danthony Smith
LB Bruce Irvin
CB Jeremy Lane
CB Akeem Aguste
DB DeShawn Shead

Wow,I did not realize we had all these guys and nice to see what pos they play..TE Cooper Helfet ..Is he any good?Do we even need to draft another TE?Thats like 4 without Miller..

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1h036k19 said:
I have a really good feeling about Tharold Simon.

YUP. So do I. Long and athletic with heart and in the position to be mentored from the very best. PC knows this. This kid excites the hell out of me.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1u77g9wf said:
I have a really good feeling about Tharold Simon.

Me too, and Benson Mayowa, also to a certain degree O'Brien Schofield

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks, all too often fans forget these kinds of guys waiting in the wings for their chance.

Kind of funny when you think about it. All season long we were bragging how deep the team was. Now that it's rosterbating time, the team starts to look like Swiss cheese. ;)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
DT Jason Hill? I think you mean "Jordan" Hill. Looking at the stock of young DTs, it seems that bringing Red Bryant back may be a long shot. I thought they may re-sign him again to a more favorable contract for the team but I think he may get a more lucrative deal elsewhere. The Seahawks have a number of DTs in waiting. Michael Brooks had a great preseason last year and I think he may be part of the roster next season.

On offense, I'm not sold on Ware. Not impressed at all with what he brings. But it's early in his career and who knows he may become a solid player.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2qf228be said:

QB BJ Daniels
RB Christine Michael
FB Derrick Coleman
WR Jermaine Kearse
WR Phil Bates
WR Arceto Clark
WR Chris Matthews
TE Cooper Helfet
OG JR Sweezy
OT Alvin Bailey
TG Michael Bowie
TC Caylin Hauptmann
GC Jared Smith

DE/T Kenneth Boatwright
DT Jason Hill
DT Michael Brooks
DT Danthony Smith
LB Bruce Irvin
CB Jeremy Lane
CB Akeem Aguste
DB DeShawn Shead

Oops, I forgot

TE, Luke Willson

And I'll add:

WR, Ricardo Lockette- Possibly showed he's a ST stud and he finally showed he can catch some passes that isn't just a go route.

And yeah I meant:

Jordan Hill not Jason Hill (who was an ex WSU/49er WR?)

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think Scruggs is going to blow up this year. That guy is a beast. I think he's going to be Red Bryant + wicked pass rushing skills. Totally jacked to see that guy get some serious playing time.

I have super high hopes for the Humble Thug, but I think he's pretty raw. IIRC he came out really inexperienced, not having too much starting experience at LSU. He has all the physical tools to be a better version of Brandon Browner, but needs to work on his game. I'm expecting a career trajectory very similar to Byron Maxwell.

The Aguste kid intrigues me. I don't know a damn thing about him other than Sherm says he's hella good. Looking forward to seeing him in pre-season.

I'm excited about Lockette just as a ST'er. If he can keep exploding people like that, that's going to be a huge advantage on punt coverage. Guys will start calling fair catches every kick out of fear, that or start bobbling catches. Add in the fact he can actually catch and has proven he can run more than one route and that's a huge asset.

dunceface

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1ropex29 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1ropex29 said:

QB BJ Daniels
RB Christine Michael
FB Derrick Coleman
WR Jermaine Kearse
WR Phil Bates
WR Arceto Clark
WR Chris Matthews
TE Cooper Helfet
OG JR Sweezy
OT Alvin Bailey
TG Michael Bowie
TC Caylin Hauptmann
GC Jared Smith

DE/T Kenneth Boatwright
DT Jason Hill
DT Michael Brooks
DT Danthony Smith
LB Bruce Irvin
CB Jeremy Lane
CB Akeem Aguste
DB DeShawn Shead

Oops, I forgot

TE, Luke Willson

And I'll add:

WR, Ricardo Lockette- Possibly showed he's a ST stud and he finally showed he can catch some passes that isn't just a go route.

And yeah I meant:

Jordan Hill not Jason Hill (who was an ex WSU/49er WR?)

Lockette finally earned that nickname "Lockette the Rocket" with those ST missile plays this year…can't wait to see more of that next year! ...along with his hands developing more consistency

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Thinking that Jordan Hill will take a big step forward for us next year.

Latest posts