Power Rankings

Wisconsinhawk28

Reaction score
I would say 15-17. We lost 2 away games that we had a chance to win both late. One to a 2-2 Broncos team that hung with the Chiefs and another to a 3-1 Bears team that looks to be legit. Couple that with the fact that we have always started the season slow even with all the talent. Then we beat the Cowboys, again not convincing but a win like we are used to. Follow that up with beating a team on their field where we typically struggle.

Even when we were dominant we typically struggled early in the season and even then never really blew teams out all that often.

Aside from all that, this team does have flaws, but Baldwin is back now which helps Russ. The running game is becoming a focus and the young defenders are getting game time which will only help them improve as a unit as well.

Or maybe its just my rose colored glasses:)

nutluck

Reaction score
16-18 range is where I think they belong with how they have played so far.

toffee

Reaction score
Feels about right to toffee, hoping this young team keep improving, so by mid season at 16? Love to finish the season around #10.

If we could do that, watch out NFL, here we come again.

94Smith

Reaction score
Seahawks are middle of the pack unless you start beating some of the top 15 teams. They will get lots of chances to do that coming up.

drcool

Reaction score
2-2 after three games on the road isn't bad at all. And we were pretty close to winning those two. I would probably say we aren't as bad as most people think, especially if we keep running the ball like we have been. The defense hasn't really be spectacular but it has been pretty solid.

Realistically I would probably put us in the 16-18 range but I can't really argue with low 20s.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Imagine if we beat the Rams Sunday.

They will have to put us at least to 19. (wink)

Rat

Reaction score
Probably 18-20. We havn't looked great, and I fear our lack of depth will become further exposed as more injuries occur, but our two losses are tenable. Denver in their house is always tough, and apparently the Bears are really good.

James in PA

Reaction score
Aros":2n11a5e8 said:
Imagine if we beat the Rams Sunday.

They will have to put us at least to 19. (wink)
Sadly, that’s probably not far off. It would be all about how the Rams “overlooked” us or “just had a bad day.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
21 is about right. Back down to the lower 20's after the Rams game unfortunately.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AubHawk71":gpzcezx4 said:
How about 16? They are 2-2, so there you go.

I'd buy that IF 3 out of the 4 games hadn't been played in very hostile territory.
I don't think that they're getting near enough kudos for having endured playing against a few sackmasters, and not getting completely slaughterd.
Winning is NOT EASY in the NFL, especially when you're nursing a bunch of injuries to some of your core players, and in AWAY GAMES in the boot, so, 20, to 26 is probable about where they legitimately belong....for now.
I see a lot of negative posts on how intermittent shitty the Offense has been playing, It's still early, still have some green players sprinkled in there, and some new Offensive Concepts that some of the oldsters are still adjusting to.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":110jwl2p said:
21 is about right. Back down to the lower 20's after the Rams game unfortunately.

Why would losing to the top-ranked team drop us further? That makes no sense at all,

Unless one thinks that's where we belong already. Oh, wait... this is pittpnthrs!

chris98251

Reaction score
We will stay in the 20's or so till our offense starts to show it can score convincingly, if were a 8-8 team we will waffle back and forth for a while till we get synced up and things start to happen instinctively.

It will take a bit with Earl gone, Kendricks who was making a impact suspended, The O line shuffle still and the musical chairs at RB and Wright out as well. We also have to find a Blocking TE that can trigger the Run game like Dissley was doing so well.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I'd put us in the high teens if not for injuries, but low 20's as-is. 21 feels about right.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
20 is about right I think. I have been hoping for 8 games now to see some sort of creativity from schotty, but nothing. Our WR probably arent changing either. Lockett is average to above average, baldwin above average and clutch but will be nursing his injury all year (why he went to the ground catching those balls, was probably told to going across the middle), Moore could turn out to be money but I dont see brown or marshall as very good.

Defense is in its infancy. We can see glimmers of being good, but I dont see any breakout stars or league leaders. I think they will be top 10 eventually though.

Not sure what the stats say, but to the eye test our pass rush is average, and it doesnt seem to have a high ceiling. We need a great rush to help out the back end.

Our TE's are horrible with dissly hurt. Vannett stinks. No one in the wings or being developed. Very weak area.

RB's are servicable but again don't see anything above average.

OL is getting better, but that isnt saying much. Still have some definite weak links in this area. Again, no one being developed so...

I just don't see a high ceiling with our current roster. Next draft we have decent picks, and we should have much more cap flexibility. Even before preseason many had marked this the rebuild season with next year actually having a chance to compete again at a high level. I think for that to happen though, Pete needs to not just hire a new OC, but hire one that is an up and comer (I have zero idea who that would be) and turn the offense over to him. Pete is a great defensive coach, but has never been very succesful in this area, atleast in seattle anyway.

Russ is franchise. Talented, good composure, mostly makes good decisions and clutch in tight spots. As he ages and cant scramble as well, then we will see, but for now I like him here.

All in all, the reason that 20-25 is probably accurate has nothing to do with record and more to do with utilizing our roster to it's full extent. I don't have faith in our coaching staff to do this. No real "great" players outside of Russ, and several areas of serious concern. I still think we make 9-7 though, maybe finish out at 17-18

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":162uo2d6 said:
pittpnthrs":162uo2d6 said:

Why would losing to the top-ranked team drop us further? That makes no sense at all,

Unless one thinks that's where we belong already. Oh, wait... this is pittpnthrs!

You are right if every team behind the Seahawks stay exactly where they are, which is highly unlikely. Its not hard.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I see we are still at 21. I guess you can argue that you never move up in a loss, but...

Come on man! This team is currently 14-16 level. No?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If Seahawks win this week, they'll be right in the thick of the Wild Card race.

:snack:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawknation2018":2jd3yjyu said:
If Seahawks win this week, they'll be right in the thick of the Wild Card race.

:snack:

I see your popcorn man and I raise you three popcorn men.

:snack: :snack: :snack:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Aros":10ho4q4a said:
I see we are still at 21. I guess you can argue that you never move up in a loss, but...

Come on man! This team is currently 14-16 level. No?

I think the Power Rankings only take into account how much talent you have and how you have played so far as opposed to how you are trending. That's why a team like the Bucs isn't bottom five - they are coasting off their two wins early in the season. We are trending up, but our record isn't great.

I think there's a decent argument the following teams are all above us right now, in no particular order:

Rams, Chiefs, Jags, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Patriots, Dolphins, Bears, Packers, Panthers, Vikings, Saints, and, yes, The Cleveland Browns. That's 18th.