PRich needs to be an offseason priority

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Re-signing PRich should be an absolute priority. If we need some cap space, waive that slow, fat pile of bricks we got from Green Bay. He's eaten up $ millions and produced very little.

After Baldwin, PRich has been our most effective WR this year. McEvoy? Give me a break, he can't carry PRich's cleats. Lockett is an excellent return guy, but his WR performance this year has not been impressive. That leaves us with Darboh and Moore, neither of whom could even get on the field much.

Pete needs to make some tough decisions in the off-season, but re-signing PRich is an easy one.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mikeak":2sptdn9z said:
seahawkfreak":2sptdn9z said:
Well he really didn't do anything last year so I can see how someone might think he didn't play.

Which is an indication we have a stubborn coaching staff and not a bad WR

Once hey put him in they couldn't ignore him

Paul Richardson was absolutely balling out last year, just like this year. Go watch the highlights again. This board was buzzing about him.

I'm surprised, though, that nobody's spoken up about how his play is sure to drop off once he gets a new contract.

Fade

Reaction score
Prich is fool's gold. I would gladly take the comp pick If a team is dumb enough to give him big money.

Now if he doesn't have much of a market because teams are scared off by his injury history. Then I would gladly have him back on a short term prove it contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2i2wmjcb said:
It's him or Lockett, take your pick.

Got another year to decide on Lockett.

As far as P-Rich goes, I think we can get him on a short 2-3 Kearse type deal with more guaranteed money but shorter term so he can prove that he can stay healthy for a longer term deal.

Like we told Kearse "you've played pretty well HERE, but I don't see anyone breaking the bank to sign you to an monster deal elsewhere."

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3qe52pyz said:
Well he really didn't do anything last year so I can see how someone might think he didn't play.

Here is "nothing" for you. And he made a couple of these last year.
Probably just the top 3 all time best Seahawks catch ever.

[youtube]uHCe5P-ULcQ[/youtube]

HawkerD

Reaction score
Lots of apples and oranges here. PRich might want to be paid like a #2 WR. McEvoy is a min salary guy so it is not either or. PRich isn't going to have a lot of leverage. If some team wants to overpay for him then Hawks should let him go. His injury history is enough reason to let him walk if he chases the dollars. Lockett is under contract for 2018 but team might want to get something done with him. He does not have the offensive numbers to command #2 WR salary so could be had at a discount and he takes care of KR/PR duties.

Prosice is under team control for another year so I don't think we cut him loose just yet. If he can make it through camp next year he does have an upside. TO cut a guy out of spite because he has been injured is bad business. unless there is 91st player who should displace him why cut him?

Lacey will be gone. Jimmy would have to take a big pay cut if he wanted to stay. Other teams (ones with good OLs that don't need jimmy to block at the LOS) out there could probably utilize him better than we do so there will be a market for him. Rawls doesn't seem able to take to coaching; guys like that don't stay in the league very long (see CMike for example)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is a flat out baller, and that drop yesterday was a rarity. No way in hell he is fools gold, he's the real deal.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
so ballin out last year was 288 yards on 21 catches and 1 td. sorry glad he is having a good year this year but at 6'0 183 for 5 to 6 mill no thank you

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion, and that's great. He has been very clutch for this team. He is MUCH better this season than he has been. He'll continue to prove you wrong, which I would think you'd want since he's a Hawk. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1096ctlq said:
He is a flat out baller, and that drop yesterday was a rarity. No way in hell he is fools gold, he's the real deal.

He's certainly the real deal, and we've known that all along.

The question is simple, can he stay healthy enough going forward to warrant giving him a big contract. I say no to the big contract because the past has shown his slight build is ALWAYS going to equal missed time. Sometimes just a game or two, and sometimes longer.

SO IMO the safe middle ground to take with P-Rich is a Kearse type deal. 2-3 years at 2-3M a year with a nice signing bonus.

Will he take that? Idk, but I don't see any team giving Richardson a fat contract, because they will have the same health and performance concerns we do. This is not a Tate type situation where he proved over four years that he was a stud WR and never missed time.........AND was a top 5 PR.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And he has proven to be very tough. And makes clutch, highly contested catches all the time. Rarely drops passes, which is why it was so shocking when he dropped one between the numbers yesterday. But, later on he made a huge catch on the sidelines.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":2mufl97g said:
You get two of three: PRich, Graham and Richardson.

The way Russell and Jimmy are finally hooking up lately I may want all 3. Richardson depends on how much $$ he wants. He may well price himself out of Seattle IMO (of course anyone can, but he moreso is after the big $$ from all indications).

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Seymour":ccxgfn6y said:
Mojambo":ccxgfn6y said:

The way Russell and Jimmy are finally hooking up lately I may want all 3. Richardson depends on how much $$ he wants. He may well price himself out of Seattle IMO (of course anyone can, but he moreso is after the big $$ from all indications).

PRich is a good #2 when healthy with a big injury risk. Problem is #2s are getting $8-$10 mill from other teams. The max I'd consider would be Kearse's old contract. 3 for $13.5 seems about right.

Franchise tag Jimmy Graham. Or give him a 3 year contract with the first year guaranteed.

Richardson wants all pro DT money ($20) but deserves great DT money ($10-12) because he's not a top tier pass rusher. We'll see what we offer. The way Naz and J. Reed are coming on may hurt his stock in Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
jdemps":62gycshu said:
Seymour":62gycshu said:
Mojambo":62gycshu said:

PRich is a good #2 when healthy with a big injury risk. Problem is #2s are getting $8-$10 mill from other teams. The max I'd consider would be Kearse's old contract. 3 for $13.5 seems about right.

Franchise tag Jimmy Graham. Or give him a 3 year contract with the first year guaranteed.

Richardson wants all pro DT money ($20) but deserves great DT money ($10-12) because he's not a top tier pass rusher. We'll see what we offer. The way Naz and J. Reed are coming on may hurt his stock in Seattle

Exactly. You pay him a bunch more than Bennett and you just created a whine fest in Bennett. We have enough strength on the D front and still have the wildcard in McDowell that could just add to the wealth. They need to shore up the oline first and foremost. Not sure Brown is the answer at this point (again will come down to value for the $$ wanted), Joeckel doesn't look to be worth $8M, and Ifedi is a liability at best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":krwv7it0 said:
Exactly. You pay him a bunch more than Bennett and you just created a whine fest in Bennett. We have enough strength on the D front and still have the wildcard in McDowell that could just add to the wealth. They need to shore up the oline first and foremost. Not sure Brown is the answer at this point (again will come down to value for the $$ wanted), Joeckel doesn't look to be worth $8M, and Ifedi is a liability at best.

Well that's on us for trading for him.

Now we're stuck and probably will have to overpay Richardson to keep him. What, you gonna go into next year with an old Bennett, Clark (who we also have to try and sign to a long term deal) and no Avril or Richardson?

If McDowell came in healthy and balled out this year, you could have that option. But he didn't, we don't even know if he'll ever be good, or even play again.

So I don't see how we even have a choice, and Pete and John knew it when they traded for him.

mrt144

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3omim0um said:
He hasn't done anything to get a new contract he's descent but his numbers just aren't good . Then there's the injury issue that will happen again . Tyler outside of his kick returns hasn't either if there smart they clean house this offseason.

Rawls
Richardson
Lacy
Procise
Mcevoy

They all need to be cut in the off season.

So next season our starting WRs are ADB, Lockett and Darboh + FA or UDFA or Practice Squad + Rookie Draft pick?

And the cumalative cap savings from these cuts is basically nothing since all are either rookie contracts or FAs?

You can cut Lacy and Prosise just fine without worrying about depth but all of them? Cmon dude.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14xc8f2e said:
Seymour":14xc8f2e said:

Well that's on us for trading for him.

Now we're stuck and probably will have to overpay Richardson to keep him. What, you gonna go into next year with an old Bennett, Clark (who we also have to try and sign to a long term deal) and no Avril or Richardson?

If McDowell came in healthy and balled out this year, you could have that option. But he didn't, we don't even know if he'll ever be good, or even play again.

So I don't see how we even have a choice, and Pete and John knew it when they traded for him.

Now compare that wealth on D to the Oline "wealth" (that is without Brown and Joeckel) and you see the priority that should take place. Paying Richardson top 5 20M$$ would be a huge mistake with this roster.

That is unless you are happy with the shit show on offense then go for it.

We also have Jones, Smith, Jordan, Jefferson, and Reed that make us a formidable Dline.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":10urnq57 said:
We also have Jones, Smith, Jordan, Jefferson, and Reed that make us a formidable Dline.

These guys have played well, but they're compliment players (except Reed), and 2-3 of them are also restricted or unrestricted free agents. 2-3 probably won't even be here next year.

My point is I don't think with how up in the air the LOB is next year, that Pete and John are going to gamble on the strength of the defense, the D-line. So brace yourself, they're going to give Richardson a fat contract...........even if it means overpaying him.

Probably Brown too btw, I can see us overpaying him too.

These are the consequences of not drafting well or having too many injuries (or both), you have to overpay because you're desperate and have no choice.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Whatever you think about PRich, you should know his efficiency this year has been outstanding.

He is averaging 10.4 yards per target, his drop yesterday was his only drop in 56 targets (1/56 =1.8%) and 52% of the passes thrown to him this season have resulted in first downs. There are receivers who get thrown at more often but very few who have done more per target.

Unfortunately, he's going to be a fully unrestricted FA and so it's unlikely that we'll be able to afford him. One of the 31 other teams is going to pay him based on his efficiency and plan to give him 160+ targets.

Latest posts