Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
My man Throwdown is confused. FANS don't think Wilson is any of those things. Fans just hear criticisms that other people make about our QB coming from Baldwin and connect the dots.

As for Baldwin's responses to TAB, all I have to say is that Baldwin is smart, but not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. People can think without his cryptic tweets.

Sgt. Largent has him pegged; he's addicted to drama on the internet. Pretty pathetic, to be honest. Dude is about one step away from opening up a LiveJournal, letting us know his mood is "Pensive" and he's listening to Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart" as he writes about all the "fake robots" that he won't be like.

Doesn't this dude have a woman or a dog or something to keep him occupied?

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":c8gcy1j0 said:
I said this in the thread about it months ago, but watch the part of the Super Bowl XLVIII Blu-ray where Russell tries to tell Golden to try and work on just getting the first down before doing crazy YAC moves. It's hella awkward.

I saw a pic at the White House and Tate looked pissed and out of place. Just saying.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If there was a time for RW to ignore the noise now is the time. I didn't think it was possible to appreciate him more but man I love my robot qb. Can't wait for him to suddenly turn a dark side and unleash the wrath of Apocalypse on his enemies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think ADB is just being ADB... he would probably complain about the number of chocolate chips in his cookie. He is a pot stirring kind of dude.

I expect to see ADB getting some balls and making toe tappers for 3rd down conversions and being that open guy when RW is on the run. Until I see some sort of dropoff on the field there is nothing for me to see.

Giblien

Reaction score
HansGruber":23ll2wst said:
RolandDeschain":23ll2wst said:
HansGruber":23ll2wst said:
There's only one reason to stay quiet and that's to avoid lying.
Yep. It's exactly how you'd expect a nice, kindly religious guy to respond to this. (That sounds kind of smartassy or denigrating to Wilson, but I don't mean it that way at all.)

Nope, doesn't sound denigrating at all. Wilson has strong religious beliefs, which include personal integrity and honesty. There is only one way to maintain integrity in that situation, and that's to keep the mouth shut and say nothing at all.

Further, it was weird to me that Tate posted a picture of his wife hanging out with Ashton, as a direct Twitter response to the cheating rumor. Seriously, Tate? When I was young, and one of my friends broke up with a girl, she's about the last person in the world that I want to be seen hanging out with. I mean, talk about awkward. Why would you even post her picture in a public response to a rumor you think is absurd? That's what - #4 on the bro code of things you never do? Hanging out with exes? Ugh. Even if your girls are friends, you don't put photos of your bro's ex online or in his face. Great way to end a friendship.

And why would she even agree to a photo of herself with Tate's wife being used to respond to rumors of her cheating on Russell? Why would she care what random idiots on the internet think? She's still trying to convince someone.

Generally, a woman trying to convince you they didn't cheat after a breakup is a really bad sign. I've had a lot of breakups. Made the mistake once of questioning a faithful woman's fidelity during the breakup (I was young and insecure), and I honestly thought I was about to be murdered. In a restaurant in front of dozens of people. She didn't try to convince me of anything, she tried to put her steak knife into my chest. This is not a topic you bring up with recently broken-up faithful women. Unless you really hate your man parts and have always dreamed of being a soprano.

With all the major signs pointing to the obvious, I'm just surprised people still argue it and act all indignant about the rumor. It sure seems like a pretty solid rumor. And I'm the last person on earth to care about celebrity gossip.

Completely agree. I share Wilson's religious beliefs (for the most part) and if I was in the same situation, I would react the same way: Not speak ill of the guy publicly (and do the best to vent in a Christlike way privately), but I sure as heck ain't taking his back under false pretenses. Not to mention, if they were getting divorced, and there was no infidelity, I think Russ would be classy enough to squash those rumors from the get go. That combined with the WAY low-ball offer to Tate from the FO to me SCREAMS that the rumors about Tate and Ashton are true, and they knew that there was no way that they could keep Tate and RW on the same team.

As far as Doug is concerned, I don't know why he would take a shot at RW (IF that was his intent, and I don't think it necessarily was...but who knows...ball players ARE co-workers, and we all have co-workers that annoy us i'm sure.)

Davehawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure DB's tweets were directed at RW, but RW does come across robotic and cliche in almost everything he says. If you think otherwise I'm not sure you've been paying attention the last few years. I love me some RW regardless though, great player and I hope he's with us for his entire career.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":itsm62i9 said:
HansGruber":itsm62i9 said:
Also, you're a numbers guy, and you seem really tuned into the business of football, the Seahawks from a business standpoint.

Why would they sign Baldwin to an extension worth over $4m/yr but offer Tate less? I mean, yeah, Baldwin was a baller and came up big at times, but I don't think he was THAT much better than Tate that you let Tate walk and extend Baldwin.

Further, they've openly talked to some other free agents at WR this offseason. They drafted a couple of young guys as well. So it's not like they're all set at WR and had to cut someone.

I honestly don't really understand the decision to let Tate walk like that. He would have taken $5m/yr which wouldn't have been a problem at all. The only thing that made sense about it to me was that he disappeared in the Arizona game and it was obvious we need more size and speed at WR. But still... you extend Baldwin? He's like a Tate clone, but not quite as good as Tate (I'd put him just slightly below Tate due to Tate's ability as a kick and punt returner).

The whole Tate thing just doesn't make sense. We have a real hole in punt and kick returns. And Tate wasn't asking so much that he'd have crippled the team. He stayed healthy and produced when it counted. Something doesn't add up. I'm not saying the rumors are true, but something is definitely off. It doesn't make sense that the Seahawks would throw a lowball offer out there and just stop talking to his agent, which is exactly what they did.

I think Tate kind of played his cards slightly wrong in FA, at least based on hearsay. And Baldwin brilliantly used his RFA tag to leverage a new contract. So that's part of it.

But yeah, I think in terms of cap value Tate comes in well ahead of Baldwin. Better receiving production, rarer skillset, huge special teams contribution, but most importantly, the guy never gets hurt. Durability history alone would make Tate significantly more valuable.

Whether other things factored, I can't comment on that, but like you I thought the fact that they allegedly only offered $4 million per year for Tate but then turn around and extend Baldwin for $5.5 million per in the two added years they gave him was a bit puzzling. Baldwin is an iconic Seahawk, and he was money in the playoffs, but I think JS is smarter than to pay a guy for what he did or didn't do in a 3 game sample versus the entire body of work.
Baldwin has given 110% from the moment he was signed. Tate--despite his comments about giving everything to the team--didn't work as hard early on. It's possible Pete just likes Doug's competitive fire and work ethic more than Golden's.

It's also possible that had nothing to do with it.

253hawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2vvw931s said:
Doug wasnt at the ESPYs. Thats clearly a sign.

Well they couldn't have everyone attend, so that makes your 'sign' about as clear as mud.

253hawk

Reaction score
You can never really tell for sure around here. I just treat everyone's posts like they were written by tokadub. Ain't nobody got time to analyze all the sarcasm.

dunceface

Reaction score
Ughhhhh this thread is sooooooo dumb

But if I did think ADB was talking about someone specific I think Tate makes much more sense

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
ADB was talking about me. I styled on him at the intersection of Grady Way & Rainier in my kitted out, 'Robotic' (my doors are custom made to flip open via voice control) ZR1. He didn't like that too much. Plus my mini schnauzer/yorkie mix was in the front passenger seat and bitched his pit bull out and made it whimper and hide in the back seat.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Who cares? Nothing to do with what happens on the field. Heaven forbid anyone says something bad about a QB. That never happens in the NFL...

Anthony!

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2eqjq42s said:
SacHawk2.0":2eqjq42s said:
Or it could be a shot at Sherm or Tate or generally anyone he perceives as fake.
It COULD be, but it's not. It's directed straight at Russell Wilson. I have but one word for you denialists:

Robotic.

It's always been the word to describe RW. No one else. Just RW.

Actually I never heard it use to described Rw till recently, I have heard it to describe Manning and Brady before. Still all that said the FACTS are no one really knows to whom if anyone specifically he was talking about. Other than that there is just a bunch of people making something out of nothing.

kearly

Reaction score
Anthony!":3789eaxf said:
Actually I never heard it use to described Rw till recently, I have heard it to describe Manning and Brady before.

Hawks fans have lovingly been calling RW a robot almost since day one, then John Moffitt introduced the idea on RRR a couple years ago and it's stuck in that locker room ever since.

I think most of us consider "robot" to be a high compliment. The list of players in the NFL described as robots by fans and players is a really short one, and they tend to be extremely good (Manning, Rodgers).

So when he chooses the word "robot" it's a fairly specific descriptor, especially since it's been attached to RW so much in the locker room.

I don't know if he's taking a shot at Wilson or not. But, everything he's said could apply to Wilson. Baldwin makes cryptic tweets that sound as if aimed at Wilson, and then Wilson makes cryptic tweets that imply he's been wounded by someone a few hours later.

As far as the alternate theories, none presented yet fully explain both Wilson and Baldwin's tweets happening in the same time frame like they did without indulging in some Johnny Cochran type coincidences.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
this is why twitter and all this stuff shouldn't exist. Fans shouldn't analyze personal life between players ,

Status
Not open for further replies.